TuneECU - Maps Thread - Install - FAQ - Page 39 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #381 of 586 Old 11-22-12, 18:16
SFstreettriple
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Cloud and others, I have a 2012 675R and have the Arrow slip on in the mail. I didn't realize that the Arrow Slip on required a re-map. I was planning on installing the slip on myself and I don't own a cable, but my suspension tuner told me he could flash my ECU for me. However, he lives 30 miles away which would mean me installing the slip on and then riding to him with the old map. Is there an issues doing this with a new bike that is still in the middle of break in?

Thanks!
SFstreettriple is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #382 of 586 Old 11-22-12, 19:01
jimmytb
Member
 
jimmytb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 377
Thanks: 52
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No problem
jimmytb is offline  
post #383 of 586 Old 11-29-12, 06:44
Black_Daytona
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My computer does not recognize the cable. Nothing happens when I plug it to my bike. I got this cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/320976574122...84.m1439.l2649

Is it the right one? KKL VAG-COM for 409.1

I got the tbr m5 slipon for my 2011 Daytona should I download the TOR map?
Black_Daytona is offline  
post #384 of 586 Old 11-29-12, 07:28
Disrupt
Senior Member
 
Disrupt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,353
Thanks: 116
Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Daytona View Post
My computer does not recognize the cable. Nothing happens when I plug it to my bike. I got this cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/320976574122...84.m1439.l2649

Is it the right one? KKL VAG-COM for 409.1

I got the tbr m5 slipon for my 2011 Daytona should I download the TOR map?
Which drivers did you install? You dont want to use the ones that came with the cable (assuming you got the right cable). You want to get the drivers posted on the tuneecu website.

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
2007 D675
Disrupt is offline  
post #385 of 586 Old 11-29-12, 07:35
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer
 
TwoWheeledWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KC,MO
Posts: 12,044
Thanks: 72
Thanked 240 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Daytona View Post
My computer does not recognize the cable. Nothing happens when I plug it to my bike. I got this cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/320976574122...84.m1439.l2649

Is it the right one? KKL VAG-COM for 409.1

I got the tbr m5 slipon for my 2011 Daytona should I download the TOR map?
As said above and what OS do you have? If it is MS Windows the auto driver should work just fine. Cant comment on Mac OS though.

And if you are a badass running Linux, send me a PM and I can write you the command to find the driver.

2010 TornadoRed D675 Trackbike
~
TwoWheeledWonder is offline  
post #386 of 586 Old 11-29-12, 07:43
Black_Daytona
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupt View Post
Which drivers did you install? You dont want to use the ones that came with the cable (assuming you got the right cable). You want to get the drivers posted on the tuneecu website.
I dont what do you mean by drivers but I didnt use the cd that came with the cable. I just downloaded the tune ecu.
Black_Daytona is offline  
post #387 of 586 Old 11-29-12, 07:43
Black_Daytona
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheeledWonder View Post
As said above and what OS do you have? If it is MS Windows the auto driver should work just fine. Cant comment on Mac OS though.

And if you are a badass running Linux, send me a PM and I can write you the command to find the driver.
Im running Windows 7
Black_Daytona is offline  
post #388 of 586 Old 11-29-12, 07:48
Disrupt
Senior Member
 
Disrupt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,353
Thanks: 116
Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts
I was having a few issues with my cable as well, I had to restart the computer a few times and restart the tuneecu program a couple time to finally get it to work.

http://tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/links.html
section under tools has the drivers required to have the cable properly work with the computer. There is also a guide which may be helpful to you.

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
2007 D675
Disrupt is offline  
post #389 of 586 Old 11-29-12, 08:05
Black_Daytona
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupt View Post
I was having a few issues with my cable as well, I had to restart the computer a few times and restart the tuneecu program a couple time to finally get it to work.

http://tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/links.html
section under tools has the drivers required to have the cable properly work with the computer. There is also a guide which may be helpful to you.
Thanks for your help. I still didnt get my slipon I just wanted to see how this program runs. Do I download this map: 20283 TOR for my bike 2011 Daytona (TBR m5)? The OP says it works for basically all slipons.
Black_Daytona is offline  
post #390 of 586 Old 11-29-12, 08:18
Disrupt
Senior Member
 
Disrupt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,353
Thanks: 116
Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Daytona View Post
Thanks for your help. I still didnt get my slipon I just wanted to see how this program runs. Do I download this map: 20283 TOR for my bike 2011 Daytona (TBR m5)? The OP says it works for basically all slipons.
I am not sure which vin# series you would fall under, but the TOR map is a good place to start, you would either need a custom tune for it to be perfect. You could also ask a fellow 2011 daytona member to use his tune (free or for a fee) if he has a similar setup which would be better than the TOR, but each bike is slightly different so it would need to be fine tuned for best results.

Also did you restart the computer after your initial try? Sometimes it will automatically install the drivers and needs the computer to be restarted for it to take full effect.

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
2007 D675
Disrupt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph675.Net Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome