2013 Daytona 675 Specs - - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports

News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports any and all 675 ride experiences and news

Old 11-15-12, 12:30   #31
Knolly
BOTM Winner

I don't think the frame sliders are on there stock, it's just that they're offered from the factory. They replace those black pieces that lay on top of the fairings.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-12, 12:53   #32
Disrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
I don't think the frame sliders are on there stock, it's just that they're offered from the factory. They replace those black pieces that lay on top of the fairings.
I believe your right, it mentions them in the accessories section.

Old 11-19-12, 01:35   #33
irzimmer

i'm sorry, i CANNOT TAKE the cyclops eye....unneeded, tacky, conforming to the jap models....and its been a long time since i've seen color schemes that sad, the 2-tone does.not.work. nice little bump on the engine, but really ruined by the aesthetics....i understand the need for a side exhaust, but the front end and the color schemes??? that's the best and brightest at triumph came up with? come on.

Old 11-26-12, 22:41   #34
NewShockerGuy
BOTM Winner

Love the engine tweaks and minor performance things... other than that Triumph took a shit on it honestly.

Looks WAY too much like a jap bike now. That stupid single light above the air intake is too much like a gsx-r. The sub frame that used to be awesome looking and hollow now looks clunky and big. Switching to reflector headlights... really triumph?? Pull your head out of your asses.

The side profile of the nose no longer looks pointy and like a dart, it reminds me too much of a big that is round and smooshed up front... I very much dislike the two tone paint scheme. Side exhaust also reminds me too much of a gsx-r.

I'm sorry but I LOVE triumph... I hated the fact that they changed their logo and now that they did this to the Daytona I probably won't buy another one unless I find on sub 08 and lower if something happens to mine... They took the sleekness and the sharpness out of the bike. The sharp angles and lines are now gone. Everything is rounded. Why they did this I honestly don't know but I think it looks like shit. It's sad.

It no longer flows. The wheels I do like, those look nice.

Poor Daytona... :-( Such a beautiful bike and they went and ****ed it up copying everything else on the market and incorporating it into this new one...

-Nigel

Old 11-27-12, 00:41   #35
LIV2

Euuuuugh

don't remind me about the damn logo!

Old 11-27-12, 11:39   #36
Triumph Race Support

It does look a little better in race trim, but only a little!
Hate the sub-frame. Yes I can confirm the frame sliders are options.

Old 11-27-12, 17:45   #37
NewShockerGuy
BOTM Winner

Posting again becaues of my disgust with Triumph. I went and looked for more pictures. It truely is an ugly bike now. I wish someone from Triumph would come on the boards and read this. Simply garbage. All of the cosmetic changes that they made look awful.

F U triumph.

That is all.

-Nigel

Old 11-28-12, 00:52   #38
whip_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy View Post
Posting again becaues of my disgust with Triumph. I went and looked for more pictures. It truely is an ugly bike now. I wish someone from Triumph would come on the boards and read this. Simply garbage. All of the cosmetic changes that they made look awful.

F U triumph.

That is all.

-Nigel
Did you watch the video? I think it looks much better than it does in the still shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRsS...e_gdata_player

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-28-12, 07:02   #39
jimmytb

Of course projector headlights, to match all the other bits they nicked from the 2006 CBR1000RR, cyclops eye, tiny tail, removal of large chunks of fairing, asymmetric swingarm...

Old 11-28-12, 07:26   #40
Carbon4u
Site Sponsor and BOTM Winner

We went to the NEC bike show yesterday and saw 3 in the flesh.
The 675R and the others were in standard trim, they looked very boring and "jap" looking..
No "Triumph" on the front, just a big hole for the air intake , the front looked very R6 and just another bike to us..

The others looked the same and the white and blue looked the best, just on colour..
While there 99% people said they hated it, and gave the feedback to the Triumph staff on the stand.. But do they care ?

The ST & R looked better than the Daytona, but still again they have the plain standard versions..

Cant wait to see a modded version of both.. But a shame on the Daytona, it just another bike now..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement