09+ cylinder head on 06 engine? - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #11 of 14 Old 11-27-12, 13:31 Thread Starter
pyroking339
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
It's really not an option I would consider unless you are racing and need every last bit of power. If you need a new motor then picking up a used 09+ is another good option. If you have an older Daytona and are just looking for power then cam timing and a dyno would be a good place to start. After that then port the heads and more dyno work. There are a lot of options out there.
It's potentially a cheaper option than getting a new bike or swapping the engine or porting them, if I happen to find someone selling that for the right price. Also opens up options for exhaust headers and I wouldn't need to get it ported either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 11-27-12, 13:37
MacBandit

Garage
True but with dyno tuning exhaust and the head you're still talking well over $1,000 for 5hp. You can get a lot more then 5hp with head work and a dyno tune on the old bike for less then $1,000. Obviously the most expensive part is the exhaust. For someone that already has a full system on the old bike it doesn't make sense to upgrade to a the new head.
post #13 of 14 Old 11-27-12, 20:16 Thread Starter
pyroking339
Threadstarter Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
True but with dyno tuning exhaust and the head you're still talking well over $1,000 for 5hp. You can get a lot more then 5hp with head work and a dyno tune on the old bike for less then $1,000. Obviously the most expensive part is the exhaust. For someone that already has a full system on the old bike it doesn't make sense to upgrade to a the new head.
I agree, except I'm still running the stock exhaust so I still have some extra poundage to lose and power to gain from the exhaust. I've been directing my limited funds to controls related things so far. The exhaust options are a lot of it. Being the picky person I am, if/when I get to the point of getting a new exhaust, I'd rather get the one I want while I'm at it, as well as take care of the porting at the same time and hopefully get it all taken care of at once.
But being a little more realistic, it'll probably get put off for a couple seasons and by then I'll hopefully be consistently making money and will end up just buying a second bike and it'll most likely be an 09.
post #14 of 14 Old 09-25-14, 21:21
Toothless675

Necro bump!

Has anyone every actually done this or is there anymore information on compatibility? Besides CCT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement