Daytona Handling Issues - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-27-12, 01:26   #11
LIV2

Check that the suspension dogbone hasn't been changed, also the preload, compression and rebound might be off. have you set these on your new shocks?
Are the forks poking out of the top triple clamp the amount as on the other bike?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-12, 03:30   #12
[Terry]

Send a message via MSN to [Terry]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIV2 View Post
Check that the suspension dogbone hasn't been changed, also the preload, compression and rebound might be off. have you set these on your new shocks?
Are the forks poking out of the top triple clamp the amount as on the other bike?
Dogbone is completely stock... measured and confirmed.

Preload, comp and rebound have all been set up on the new shock for my weight.

Forks started out poking out the top by 4mm (as per manual) and are now at 8mm (same as other bike) to try get a more aggressive turn in.. no luck.

Old 11-27-12, 07:14   #13
LIV2

What exactly feels different about his bike? more stable or something?

I wonder if the wheels could be the difference, if the suspension geometry is correct then the only thing that is left are the tires and wheels.

Old 11-27-12, 07:28   #14
Disrupt

were the front forks rebuilt? Its on my to do list to change the fluid and fluid level, it apparently makes a huge difference compared to the stock shit settings.

Old 11-27-12, 08:25   #15
kmo

Have you checked to see if the stock spacer was removed from the upper clevis where it connects the the frame? Its the Upside down U shaped thing where the rear shock connects to the frame. There should be a spacer in there.

Old 11-27-12, 08:33   #16
Tucker2.0

Send a message via MSN to Tucker2.0

BULLSHIT.....we all know that red daytonas have more horsepower and speed, they all handle the same except for those freakish AARRRRR's

But we of the white/blue category definitely have the looks department cornered.

Old 11-27-12, 09:50   #17
faheygf87

I could be wrong, but i think there is some adjustment to be made in the wheel base. You can stretch it out a little bit if you fit a longer chain and move the wheel back a little on the swing arm. That could be something to atleast check on.

07 Graphite D675:
Full Ti Remus exhaust, Full Arrow/Remus Hybrid tune, Rizoma Sportlines/Bar ends/ Fluid Tanks, ASV Shorty Levers, CF Infill Panels, CF tank pad, CF heat shield, CF Front fender, CF lower chain guard, CA integrated light, Watsens 10LED front indicator, Gel Seats front and back, CW fender eliminator.

Old 11-27-12, 14:29   #18
Wei

Forks 7.8mm above triple? That makes the bike very twitchy and nervous turning into corners.

Most people flush the forks with triple to gain more trail, especially pre-09 models.

Old 11-27-12, 16:09   #19
[Terry]

Send a message via MSN to [Terry]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIV2 View Post
What exactly feels different about his bike? more stable or something?

I wonder if the wheels could be the difference, if the suspension geometry is correct then the only thing that is left are the tires and wheels.
His bike turns into corners much easier and holds it's line much better. I can confidently lean on his bike and hit the apex correctly. Mine tends to want to fight you in the corners and the back has no traction. Even slight lean angles cause the back to skip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupt View Post
were the front forks rebuilt? Its on my to do list to change the fluid and fluid level, it apparently makes a huge difference compared to the stock shit settings.
Fluid level and fluid will make a big difference. I changed the fluid and the put the level back to stock which may not be the best but it is identical to his bike (I checked).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmo View Post
Have you checked to see if the stock spacer was removed from the upper clevis where it connects the the frame? Its the Upside down U shaped thing where the rear shock connects to the frame. There should be a spacer in there.
Stock spacer was still there. I also actually tried adding another spacer to try and get a bit more height in the rear as his bike is sitting about 20mm taller than mine for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faheygf87 View Post
I could be wrong, but i think there is some adjustment to be made in the wheel base. You can stretch it out a little bit if you fit a longer chain and move the wheel back a little on the swing arm. That could be something to atleast check on.
Good point! My wheel is sitting about 10-15mm further back than his is so his shorter wheel base could be it. Wouldn't think it would be such a drastic difference though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wei View Post
Forks 7.8mm above triple? That makes the bike very twitchy and nervous turning into corners.

Most people flush the forks with triple to gain more trail, especially pre-09 models.
It does make the bike twitchy but it also makes it more aggressive. I.e. less stable on the straights and faster leaning into corners which is what I am trying to achieve. Bike feels a little too 'upright with the forks flush.

Thanks for all your comments guys! I'm sure I'll get there in the end.... hopefully!

Old 11-27-12, 17:23   #20
Papachristou

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Terry] View Post
Hi all,

I'm riding an 06 Daytona that was unfortunately lowered by the previous owner (unknown to me until it was too late). I've had this confirmed and turns out the bike was lowered by at least 4".
you didnt notice that the bike was lowered FOUR inches? i dont think my daytona could make it down the street if i lowered it four inches.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement