2012 Heroic Limited Edition SP-R Pro Roo/Stingray Race Gloves Group Buy - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Marketplace forums > Group Buys

Group Buys All the Group Buys you could want to spruce up your 675....and then some.

Old 09-12-12, 16:39   #11
GuiltySparc

are these sized the same as the old/non-pro SP-Rs?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-12, 09:06   #12
GuiltySparc

I ended up driving up to NJMP over the weekend to check out suits because of this group buy on gloves, lol. Ending up getting a suit and gloves.

I thought my old SPRs were great gloves, but the Pros are a noticeable upgrade. Definitely glad i saw this group buy thread which lead me to my new loot!

Old 09-18-12, 16:16   #13
iceman4357

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
I ended up driving up to NJMP over the weekend to check out suits because of this group buy on gloves, lol. Ending up getting a suit and gloves.

I thought my old SPRs were great gloves, but the Pros are a noticeable upgrade. Definitely glad i saw this group buy thread which lead me to my new loot!
Nice! I need to start saving for a new suit myself. My old RevIt has seen better days.

Old 09-24-12, 12:11   #14
iceman4357

UPDATE

Just got an email from Todd saying that his inventory is gone. There are more gloves on order, but for now until he gets another batch of gloves he doesn't want to take any more orders.

He should have gloves in a few weeks. When they arrive I will update the thread again.

Old 11-25-12, 21:30   #15
sittingturbo

Tell him to make some hideous neon yellow, blue and white ones! I'll buy them. LOL

Old 11-26-12, 21:54   #16
korie

i am going to throw in a little something here.

i still come on here and check on the classifieds and sometimes the discussion stuff. but i was part of the group buy two years ago when Michelle did it. i cannot recommend to get in as part of this. at all.

i have a pair of the shorty street gloves. i have stopped wearing them due to the stitching coming out in some key areas. i am sure that todd would honor the gloves to whatever degree, but after i write this next part i believe that you will understand more of where i am coming from and why i would never send them back.

i wear a size 13 glove. i have big hands and it is very difficult to find ones that will fit and are well made as it is. Michelle was throwing this whole group buy together and raving about the quality and all of that sales pitch. i jumped in the full gauntlet and then in the street shorty glove buy as well. the shorty gloves were a group buy ending near spring and they were a little late getting to us all. but...

after over a year-and-a-half i still NEVER received my full gauntlets. that is right: i paid for them in January and had to finally get my money back i believe in June (i could be off by a month). i kept asking him and he kept saying that he was trying to get them. i said that i would take ANYTHING other than white. he kept asking me to take white after enough time went by again.

the shorty gloves were nice for a summer. the stitching is at the point that i am uncomfortable crashing in them. i now have Knox Handroids (pain in the hands to break due to not being big enough but i have little in options) and will be on my second year with them still holding up fine.

i cannot recommend todd and heroic. if you go in on the product then i wish you all the best, but know that it will be delayed and that it may be VERY delayed for some of you.

Old 11-27-12, 07:25   #17
jamesepoop

I believe he went with a different manufacturer. Got my gloves in two days when they were in stock. I have two pairs and they are getting more comfy after break-in.

Old 11-27-12, 11:11   #18
korie

my thing is more that todd, himself, promised time and again that he was trying to get my gloves done. a year-and-a-half.

from my perspective all that needed to be done (and i said this to him) was when he ordered ANY other gloves in ANYTHING but white i would take that in 13. it never happened.

it really bummed me out. i really liked todd and i even joked with him about the whole thing at times. i was super laid back for most of the time, and near the end of that first lost summer i even said that it was not a big deal unless i did not get them for the next summer. it became apparent that i would likely not ever get them so i asked for my money back.

new manufacturer or not- he lied to me about "trying" to get them done. he is the owner of the company and could have gotten it done as he wished. i watched posts of new glove orders appear on facebook along with him trying to promote getting more new orders on gloves.

but this is my issue. if he has gotten better at getting things done then good for all of you. personally, i will not do business with them again. best of luck to all of you though. the gloves are comfy as hell when you first get them and they do break in nicely, but the threading coming out simply bothers me as well.

Old 11-27-12, 11:49   #19
Knolly
BOTM Winner

I also recently had less than great experiences with them. The sticking around the fingers came undone just from normal use. Unfortunately later that day I crashed in them so if you don't believe me I can't really prove that they didn't come undone in the crash.

Anyhow I sent them in to be repaired since apparently they were only single stitched instead of double-stitched and it took so long to get them back that at one point I was fairly sure I just wasn't going to get them back ever since Todd had to ask me what size and color they were... I was basically 90% sure he just lost them. Anyways I did get them back eventually and get charged for the repair, but honestly I was pretty sure I was going to by a Heroic Racing full kangaroo suit from him for the next season but the whole experience turned me off from doing business with him again.

Old 11-28-12, 10:41   #20
thejuiceman

Hmmm. I bought a set of used gloves from a guy on the board who said they were in great condition and when I received them it appeared he did a obvious and unprofessional sewing job on the threads that connect the palm sting ray piece. I was going to send them in for repair but I don't think I will now with the service issues I am hearing. I remember hearing all the complaints during the group buy as we'll.
What really concerns me is the fact that they are coming undone, crash or no crash.
The stories of the service, and the product, have me a little concerned. Maybe both are better now but if that's the case the company ought to make it right to those who had unacceptable service or products such as giving a huge discount to those with bad service and re-sewing or replacing gloves with problems for no charge, and in a timely manner.
Very few small companies survive theses days and ones with bad reputations are almost sure to fail. I want to buy products that will be around for a long time from companies that will be around for a long time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement