New House: New Garage - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Off Topic > Stuff of interest

Stuff of interest General Off-Topic topics - anything that's on your mind. Please read the rules before posting

Old 11-12-12, 21:18   #11
rddmm2

wow... very nice... beats my garage with the leaky roof and no heat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-12, 11:22   #12
Roiderjackl

Very nice! Just moving into a house myself and a far way from taking up a job like that...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-24-12, 20:43   #13
OKStriple

Looks good. Every time I get mine cleared up, more crap falls in it. Just when I cleared it up from a garage sale, the christmas stuff has one bay filled up now.

Old 11-24-12, 22:40   #14
DaytonaSpidey

dang I need a garage!!

Old 11-25-12, 04:41   #15
louie3

Nigel, you need to start your own garage makeover company.

Looks great man

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 11-25-12, 09:18   #16
WiK1d

That looks fantastic! Is the epoxy floor DIY, or did you get someone to do it for you?

www.bertusras.com | @bertusras
'07 Derbi GPR125 2T | '07 Triumph Daytona

Old 11-25-12, 13:47   #17
louie3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiK1d View Post
That looks fantastic! Is the epoxy floor DIY, or did you get someone to do it for you?
This is nigel, the only way he knows is DIY.

He had a thread previously about ho to epoxy the floor. Ill try to find it. It was a good write up.

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 11-26-12, 19:07   #18
DarrenKav

Looks great! One of these days, one of these days....

Old 11-30-12, 21:57   #19
NewShockerGuy
BOTM Winner

ahaha... very true... I really dislike paying people for stuff I can do. I look at some things as if you don't have to go to school to learn it then it can be done... (that's not meant to disprect anybody in the trade field.. believe I wish I had more skills with shit) It's commercial grade epoxy that I applied to the floor. Just as noted above I did our town house about a year ago. I will have to find the thread somewhere, but there's lot of things you have to research on and do before just putting epoxy on concrete..etc When it turns out bad it looks horrible and then you will spend more money trying to remove the shit and doing it all over again...
Louie: I've had many people actually tell me that..lol The problem I see is when the economy is shitty like it is now, people aren't willing to spend money for something like that when they could put that money elsewhere in the house...etc. I told my wife when we build a house in 5 years or so she can do whatever she wants in the house, I simply want my 4 car detached loft garage.

I hope to get some work done this weekend in getting the majority of things in the garage, bikes, mid lift, tools..etc. Working two full time jobs and going to school full time really only leaves me time on the weekends to do things so I have to maximze my time as much as possible and actually plan what is going to take place. I've pretty much been working on our house non stop since June... When we first moved in while people were helping us move stuff into the house I was busy prepping the garage floor for abou the first week since my toolchest was getting delivered. Being about 1000lbs once thy put it in the garage that's where it was going to stay, so I had to be exact and thorough when prepping and getting the epoxy down before the delivery truck delivered it... It sucks cause I didn't even get to take the triumphs out this year.. :-(

I paid a little over $1000 for the materials via epoxy, primer, supplies, and poly. I would imagine the cost being closer to $3,000 if I had paid someone to do it honestly...

Hopefully I will snap some pics here once more is done!

-Nigel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement