For those that went from a literbike... - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-26-12, 12:52   #21
Wei

I have a 08 CBR1000RR

CBR1K:
+ Mid-range Torque
+ Excellent Handling from the factory
+ Just as nimble & light as a 600.
+ Excellent ergonomic
+ Comfortable everyday bike.
+ Great platform for a track bike.

- Too fast for street.
- Oil burning issue
- Styling
- 30MPG

Daytona 675:

+ Sexy look
+ You are not riding a YamKawHonda 600
+ Mid-range torque
+ Light & nimble
+ Build for the track

- Not as comfortable on the street
- R/R issue
- Must re-sprung if you are not 180+ lbs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-12, 14:35   #22
ggillies

I have a Daytona 675R and a BMW S1000RR; probably two extreme opposites as far as sportbikes go. Each has it's pros and cons.

675R:

A scalpel, feels extremely light, flickable, instant change of direction, decent power, amazing sounds (especially with the CF Arrows slip-on and a high octane tune with intake flap and exhaust butterfly permanently open using ECU Tune) tons of fun and can use all the power in a lot of places, great front end feedback, good brakes with the Carbone Lorraine C59 pads.

BMW S1000RR:

Utterly berserk, cartoonish power, especially with my full race Akra Ti EVO system and PCV with custom tune; it's freakish. Feels HEAVY compared to the 675R, turns in slower, needs more muscle to change direction, great brakes, great gearbox (now I have 43K miles on the bike), fantastic stability once in the corner, insane exit drive out of the corners (running "slick mode" at the track).

I rode both bikes on the same day at a recent Thunderhill track day and it took me 5 sessions before I was as quick on the S1000RR as I was on the 675R. Once I got a handle on the BMW and got to grips with how differently I had to ride it, I ended up being around 2 seconds a lap faster on it than on the 675R, BUT !! I think I will still be faster on the 675R at Sears Point.

The S1000RR is perfect for Thunderhill with plenty of room to use the power. For example, I was hitting around 135 mph on the 675R at the end of the main straight.... on the S1000RR I was hitting 164 mph !!!

I think riding the S1000RR has made me a better rider on the 675R, because I am utterly wringing the 675R's neck now; the power feels so friendly and usable compared to the S1000RR, that I feel almost invincible on the 675R. The S1000RR is an exercise in controlling a small nuclear explosion when the power kicks in; the 675R is all about corner speed and momentum, where the BMW is point and pull the trigger and then hang the f@ck on. When I get back on the 675R after the BMW, I constantly run into the rev limiter until I recalibrate my right hand. Also, it's weird carrying so much more corner speed and braking later on the 675R.

LOVE both bikes and it's nice to have both, because they are so different.

2011 Motorsports Color BMW S1000RR; Full Akrapovic EVO Ti system with PCV and Dan Kyle map, BMC race filter. 192 RWHP. Pazzo shorties, BMW tank protector.

2011 Triumph Daytona 675R; carbon tank protector, R&G sliders..

2009 Tornado Red. 2009 Arrows Slip-on, High-Octane Triumph tune, Carbon Fiber heat shield, Pazzo shorties black/red, Stompgrips, Triumph Carbon Tank protector.

Old 11-26-12, 14:52   #23
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggillies View Post
I have a Daytona 675R and a BMW S1000RR; probably two extreme opposites as far as sportbikes go. Each has it's pros and cons.

675R:

A scalpel, feels extremely light, flickable, instant change of direction, decent power, amazing sounds (especially with the CF Arrows slip-on and a high octane tune with intake flap and exhaust butterfly permanently open using ECU Tune) tons of fun and can use all the power in a lot of places, great front end feedback, good brakes with the Carbone Lorraine C59 pads.

BMW S1000RR:

Utterly berserk, cartoonish power, especially with my full race Akra Ti EVO system and PCV with custom tune; it's freakish. Feels HEAVY compared to the 675R, turns in slower, needs more muscle to change direction, great brakes, great gearbox (now I have 43K miles on the bike), fantastic stability once in the corner, insane exit drive out of the corners (running "slick mode" at the track).

I rode both bikes on the same day at a recent Thunderhill track day and it took me 5 sessions before I was as quick on the S1000RR as I was on the 675R. Once I got a handle on the BMW and got to grips with how differently I had to ride it, I ended up being around 2 seconds a lap faster on it than on the 675R, BUT !! I think I will still be faster on the 675R at Sears Point.

The S1000RR is perfect for Thunderhill with plenty of room to use the power. For example, I was hitting around 135 mph on the 675R at the end of the main straight.... on the S1000RR I was hitting 164 mph !!!

I think riding the S1000RR has made me a better rider on the 675R, because I am utterly wringing the 675R's neck now; the power feels so friendly and usable compared to the S1000RR, that I feel almost invincible on the 675R. The S1000RR is an exercise in controlling a small nuclear explosion when the power kicks in; the 675R is all about corner speed and momentum, where the BMW is point and pull the trigger and then hang the f@ck on. When I get back on the 675R after the BMW, I constantly run into the rev limiter until I recalibrate my right hand. Also, it's weird carrying so much more corner speed and braking later on the 675R.

LOVE both bikes and it's nice to have both, because they are so different.

So what you are saying is in order to be fast on a 600 you have to ride the heaviest 1000 and then hop on the 600 and tear it up! lol

Cool to see the comparison between two completely different bikes. I have never ridden or owned a 1k bike but this 675 compared to my previous bike which is a 600RR the Triumph is better in every way! Except for the fact that the suspension needs to be resprung for my body weight.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 11-26-12, 17:39   #24
Forcereal

That is a good note about going from a liter to 6XX is that even with sprockets and all the power goodies it's hard to get too puckered up which lets you relax a little more than on the 1K.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
08 D675 CMRA Novice #756
98 M3- daily/auto-x
07 D-Max 2500- recovery vehicle, bike hauler

Old 11-26-12, 18:00   #25
Papachristou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggillies View Post
feedback, good brakes with the Carbone Lorraine C59 pads.

BMW S1000RR:

yeah but the bmw 1000rr is head and shoulders above all the other litRE bikes so that isnt a fair comparison for the OP!
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Old 11-28-12, 04:42   #26
Torchsport

Location: 90 miles from Brainerd International Raceway, Minnesota

Triumph 675.net delivers! Good to see so many seasoned sport bikers here.
Thanks for the knowledge.

Old 12-04-12, 00:39   #27
Tex2k2013

Just curious, why are you married to keeping your R6? Is it a track-only bike? I had an '03 R6 before I moved over to a standard Daytona, and honestly there was no going back. The R6 just felt wrong after experiencing the Daytona.

All I'm saying is, without any context, the CBR isn't the first bike I'd be kicking out of my stable. Aside from the redundancy of having two middleweight bikes, the Yamaha is just vastly inferior (as good as it was for its time).

I guess I could see how it might not have enough resale to make price right on the Daytona though.

Old 12-04-12, 13:33   #28
Torchsport

Location: 90 miles from Brainerd International Raceway, Minnesota

Tex...You're correct on the CBR1KRR bringing more funds available for the new purchase, and the fact that I do have another literbike (FZ1) to flog. And a more comfortable one at that.

The R6 is setup nicely for the track, but is not worth a lot. Easier to accept if it went down. So, I will be keeping the R6 for track-only duty...for awhile.
I wont be able to convince myself to track a $12K+ valued bike...right away.

But it WILL see track time eventually.

Old 12-04-12, 15:21   #29
MacaveliMC

The reality is the only difference is the amount of power. So many people try to make them selves feel better about owning a 600 instead of a 1000 by telling a tall tail of passing a 1000 during a track day, or easily keeping up with their buddies, but the fact is there's a reason why they are in different catagories when it comes to racing. A professional will go faster on a bike with more power than less. Just look at lap times for MotoGP & WorldSBK. In every race this year the 1000's lapped faster than the 600's. The superbikes lapped faster than the supersports. We're past the age of the heavy 1000's, my 1199S weighs as much as my Daytona did stock, and it corners just as well.

In the end, it's just personal preference. A 600 is fast until you ride a 1000. But you're going to have fun on either one, neither is better or worse. One is just a bit faster overall

"I actually just have my throttle cable pulled so its
wide open even when i start the bike. balls to the
wall is how i live, screw stoplights and slow people."
- TwoWheeledWonder

Old 12-04-12, 19:44   #30
the knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwest
Its litre not liter......of course the americans want to respell an international standard. It makes it easier for their simple brains to spell......
At least I didn't spell it litter!

Don't get me started on tyres...

Or colour or favourite

Last edited by the knuckle; 12-05-12 at 08:47. Reason: I suck at forums

Sponsored Links
Advertisement