Pocono Repave Info? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Track Days

Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

Old 11-23-12, 14:13   #1
RNYC

Default Pocono Repave Info?

I hear and have seen a few pics that Pocono is repaving or has repaved their road course. Anyone have, or can point me to, any more info, or any pics? Know if they're removing the armco and the chain link fence that butts against the track at the apex of the 1st turn after the straight on East? Maybe if they increased drainage and fixed the run-off (remove ditches, ponds and random machinery)?

Last time I was there I said I'd never go back. But it's convenient for me to get to, so if it's safe I'll give it a shot. Safe and not bumpy as hell like it was. It'd be nice to know before I waste a day if it sucks.

Excited to have a different track than NJMP, as much as I like it. NYST sounds fun, and I'll try it, but whoever says that place is "a little over 2 hours from NYC" is a crackhead.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-12, 17:35   #2
khr

I've probably only seen the pic you have but TPM is excited to go back. Me too, to be honest, since it's where I started. I understand that the East course is slightly modified from the way it was. It's not clear if the paddock area for East was paved too (or if it's still gravel).

Old 11-23-12, 22:31   #3
peeweesp

i only live about 45 mins from Pocono so i will defiantly check it out next year, i can sleep in my bed every night at least if i go there lol

Old 11-25-12, 14:12   #4
antirich

Same walls as before. If anything, it's now more dangerous, for people will be going faster.

Pavement was never a safety issue, it was all the crap off the track that got people hurt.

I wouldn't go back even if I lived across the street. Seen way too many chopters leave that place.

CCS#696

http://www.dragonflyinteractive.com

Last edited by antirich; 12-01-12 at 12:28.

Old 11-25-12, 19:57   #5
RedSands

I'm pretty excited about it all. My friends own a house close to there.. free place to stay + a new track? I'm in.

I ain't skurred of the walls. With my 2014 plans, I shouldn't be.
CCS AM #94
MetricDevilMoto.com - Trackside Parts Club - Penske Racing - Team Promotion - DesignStar3 - Dunlop - Full Spectrum Batteries - Heroic Racing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement