HOWTO: Daytona 675 - Custom Wire Harness for Track Usage - Page 4 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > How To's

Old 04-29-12, 19:08   #31
sittingturbo

Spent this weekend messing with my harness. I was tired with how the fuses, r/r, and harness hung in front of the forks, always making it a pain in the but to remove and install my bodywork.

So I moved the r/r to the subtail section, got rid of junk since this is a dedicated track bike, and ran the entire harness on the inside of the frame. I think it cleaned it up nicely and should make working on the bike easier.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-12, 19:37   #32
06Triumph675

nice job... like the rectifier location as long as it gets air flow?

Old 04-29-12, 22:27   #33
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingturbo View Post
Spent this weekend messing with my harness. I was tired with how the fuses, r/r, and harness hung in front of the forks, always making it a pain in the but to remove and install my bodywork.

So I moved the r/r to the subtail section, got rid of junk since this is a dedicated track bike, and ran the entire harness on the inside of the frame. I think it cleaned it up nicely and should make working on the bike easier.
SWOOOOOON.

I really want to do this sometime soon just to clean everything in the front end up. Looks great, VERY nice work!

Old 06-18-12, 17:19   #34
Edwards07

So what do you do with the cut wires? Loop that particular circuit so the computer doesn't throw an engine light?

Old 07-24-12, 09:44   #35
replicarz

I know this is an old thread but I am setting up a D675R for track only use and want to do something similar. Question about the racing harness that Triumph offers? Most that sell it state that you need to also buy the race ECU? Is that true? I will be tuning it with TuneECU.
Thanks, Mark

Old 07-25-12, 06:24   #36
miketriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAF View Post
Not useless... If you go keyless. I use it as a secondary key and storage. When you pull it, it disables everything and doesn't drain the battery.
You have PM

Track: Daytona 675 2008 ... Sold

Old 11-22-12, 19:04   #37
sittingturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards07 View Post
So what do you do with the cut wires? Loop that particular circuit so the computer doesn't throw an engine light?
Yes, I just jumped the clutch sensor and the side stand sensor wires... I had a lowside the other day at Jennings, bike will not start now, so while I have it pulled apart the figure out wtf is going on, I am thinking about reinstalling the clutch sensor so I can use a quickshift without any issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement