2013 Daytona 675 & 675R first look - Page 11 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-21-12, 23:43   #101
whip_00

Ok i have to admit after seeing it on video, it looks worlds better than the still shots. Even that hideous sub frame doesnt look so bad to me anymore. Nice looking bike for sure

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-12, 01:11   #102
MacBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
While I commend Triumph for the technical upgrades I thought wouldn't happen, the aesthetics still look dodgy, as I think there's no excuse for this exhaust. Exhausts being mainly hollow tubes, I doubt they affect mass centralization that much, and as it's been said, that'll be costly, especially if the exhaust bangs the swingarm in a crash.

ABS can be useful on the track, because some people actually ride tracks in the rain, ya know... I'm curious as to how the rear wheel slippage it's supposed to allow will affect the whole thing. And nobody said it'd save you when trailbraking on ice.

I hope this all translates well when they're back in WSS.
There's about 20lbs of weight up high with the exhaust under the tail. There's about 10lbs extra weight period with the added pipe going to the back of the bike. On a bike that weights 400lbs read to ride these are big percentages of the overal. weight. Ideally the exahust would come out just above the swingarm inline with the center of gravity which is the point about which the bike rotates when you turn. Getting the weight too low can be as bad as getting it too high but the high muffler is definitely nothing but an aesthetic piece. One that I hate Ducati for. Personally I don't want a bike that copies Ducati for any reason. Appearance doesn't make reliability.

The video really sold me. I can see why the front looked funny from the profile view now. Now that I know what the issue was I really really like it.

Old 11-22-12, 04:08   #103
Cloud22116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Racing View Post
She was grey, but I've just finished applying the new paint job with rollers, so now she's blue. Price to you is 10,000. I can deliver but getting over the ocean is gonna cost, so say about 1,000 for that? Do you want my PayPal details?
For everything on your bike thats not that overpriced :-)
stock for now

Old 11-22-12, 21:53   #104
habu

Default Way a head of Triumph

I delt with the 675 issues in 07. Its really kind of funny, mine has the same rake and trail as the new model, exhaust, etc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moving 055.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	34140   Click image for larger version

Name:	moving 057.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	34141   Click image for larger version

Name:	moving 065.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	34142   Click image for larger version

Name:	moving 062.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	34143  

Last edited by habu; 11-22-12 at 22:30.

Old 11-22-12, 22:41   #105
MacBandit

Still doesn't have the new motor or lighter wheels.

Old 11-23-12, 00:02   #106
TRMN8TR

Another quick comment about the new subframe. I noticed big changes to where the subframe bolts to the main frame. Specifically 2 more bolts and mounting points for a total of 6 now vs. 4. This was always a weak spot on the old frames. I've parted out several wrecked Daytonas and all of them that had any impact at all to the subframe broke off the tabs on the main frame. Again, to a street rider probably not a big deal. If the bike takes a subframe hit like that its probably considered totalled by your insurance either way. I don't have collision insurance on the race bike though, so it would be nice if the frame held up in a crash, lol.

Old 11-23-12, 00:18   #107
MacBandit

Do you have a photo showing the 3rd mounting location?

Old 11-23-12, 00:58   #108
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by habu View Post
I delt with the 675 issues in 07. Its really kind of funny, mine has the same rake and trail as the new model, exhaust, etc
What forks are those? Haven't seen them before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Motorcycle.com App

Old 11-23-12, 02:40   #109
louie3

The video got me. I'm likin the new one.

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 11-23-12, 02:47   #110
Logans08Daytona675

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8TR View Post
I'm a track junky/racer, so I love all the updates. I'd pick one up now, but doing so would require selling my current race bike. There needs to be more of an aftermarket for things like race bodywork, rearsets, etc before I do that.

For the casual trackday rider, the removable rear plate/turn signals is pretty cool. They stole that idea off the KTM RC8. 3 screws and you're good to go.

The entire direction they went with the 2013 is all geared to track riding and racing. Isn't that what this bike is made for? If you're a street only rider do yourself a favor and just get a street triple. Once the cool factor of having a "crotch rocket" wears off, you'll be stuck with a bike with shitty ergonomics that weren't designed for the street.
Totally agree after my 100 mile ride today and then seeing my buddy pull up on a speed triple I wish they had the street triple r at the time

Sponsored Links
Advertisement