2013 Daytona 675 & 675R first look - Page 10 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-21-12, 13:10   #91
Torchsport

Location: 90 miles from Brainerd International Raceway, Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethead View Post
I like the new model. I'm not yet invested, so am glad there is something new to choose from. Still planning on getting a new 675R as soon as I have enough pennies saved up.
Ditto. Not ready now, so a '13 model will make me happy...
I just called my local dealer, and he has a 12 D675R for $10,999.
'01 Yamaha YZ250 (Dirty beast)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-12, 13:19   #92
MacBandit

Yes the ABS is switchable.

Old 11-21-12, 14:09   #93
Csorin

Some French vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRsSyMELLg4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtT95QpW4iM

Like others said, I think this thing is going to look sweet in person. I sold an 09 Daytona to buy an 08 Street Triple, and am thinking I might have to add a 2013 Daytona R to the garage next year. Seriously considering this bike or the new Kawi 636 as a track bike. In a couple years, Ducati might get its 799 out and a whole new wrench will be thrown in. Exciting times for the Supersport class.

Old 11-21-12, 14:21   #94
Csorin

Just noticed in that second vid, the red subframe on the R appears to be a matte powdercoat job. Looks awesome contrasting with the gloss white paint. The new looks are growing on me big time.

From the spec sheet alone, slipper clutch, new engine castings, valves, etc, this bike might be a really nice jump above the 2012 model. I dunno, pretty stoked after seeing the vids. Like I said, this new model is perkin up.

Old 11-21-12, 14:24   #95
TRMN8TR

I'm a track junky/racer, so I love all the updates. I'd pick one up now, but doing so would require selling my current race bike. There needs to be more of an aftermarket for things like race bodywork, rearsets, etc before I do that.

For the casual trackday rider, the removable rear plate/turn signals is pretty cool. They stole that idea off the KTM RC8. 3 screws and you're good to go.

The entire direction they went with the 2013 is all geared to track riding and racing. Isn't that what this bike is made for? If you're a street only rider do yourself a favor and just get a street triple. Once the cool factor of having a "crotch rocket" wears off, you'll be stuck with a bike with shitty ergonomics that weren't designed for the street.

Old 11-21-12, 16:06   #96
Trip

Also notice that the seemingly bulbous front end that we all hated in the studio profile shots is a bit of an optical illusion. That line is created by the two ridges that run over the top fairing and down towards the headlights.

In the videos, where I think you get a better sense of what it looks like in three dimensions, it's not quite so objectionable. Your eye can pick up more of the subtlety, in this case, the main line of the nose.

It's not always easy to capture something like a motorcycle in a 2D image.

I'm also a big believer in seat cowls. So even if the bike is a bit homely, adding one usually helps. It did wonders for my '02 D955i (not a pretty bike).

I think the sub frame looks better in the vids, too.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-21-12, 18:54   #97
willmct345

After looking at the vids I gotta say I do like a lot more now, I was in the fence about it but if I could I'd put my money down on it, stills beats our japanesee counterparts

Old 11-21-12, 20:21   #98
autonomy

the looks are slowly growing on me.. does look less cheesey on video..

still want to see some proper ride reviews to see if the technical improvements are really significant.

Old 11-21-12, 22:25   #99
Smoke

While I commend Triumph for the technical upgrades I thought wouldn't happen, the aesthetics still look dodgy, as I think there's no excuse for this exhaust. Exhausts being mainly hollow tubes, I doubt they affect mass centralization that much, and as it's been said, that'll be costly, especially if the exhaust bangs the swingarm in a crash.

ABS can be useful on the track, because some people actually ride tracks in the rain, ya know... I'm curious as to how the rear wheel slippage it's supposed to allow will affect the whole thing. And nobody said it'd save you when trailbraking on ice.

I hope this all translates well when they're back in WSS.

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Last edited by Smoke; 11-21-12 at 22:32.

Old 11-21-12, 22:48   #100
rddmm2

Triumph created the wonderful 675cc triple to compete in the 600 CC middleweight class and MV Agusta has recently joined the fray.
there are rumours that Yamaha may be next and will produce an in-line 3 in the near future. Maybe the 013 triumph new look is to stake its territory and pre-empt whatever the Japanese may design - i.e., lower side mount exhaust.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement