tuneecu stalling? - Triumph675.Net Forums

post #1 of 19 Old 11-20-12, 21:58 Thread Starter
jnip87

tuneecu stalling?

hey ive been on here a while and ive never had to post a qusetion because some has already answered it for me, but today im stumped and cant find it. I just flashed my ecu with tune ecu and the 20418 map, i have an 07 daytona and since the flash my bike idles rough on start up, takes about 3-4 min of steady idle to warm up enough to ride, if i touch the throtle any after start up while it is idling rough it jumps to 4k then stalls when i let off. even after i have been riding it for some time aprox 20 min it will stall at a stop light or stop sign. i tried to reset the tps but in the ecu drop down tab it only says "reset adaptation" is that the same thing? please help the sucks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 11-20-12, 22:24
NakedSaturday

Yes, if I am not mistaken, reset adaptation is how you reset the tps. From what I remember reading somewhere in these forums is you will want to let it idle after resetting for about 15 minutes after warming up without touching the throttle.

12 675R
post #3 of 19 Old 11-20-12, 22:30 Thread Starter
jnip87
Threadstarter Threadstarter

ive been doing more reading and i see people are talking about the blue and green arrow and the green tps light, i never got that. should i let it run until i see those light up? then reset adaptation?
post #4 of 19 Old 11-20-12, 23:44
Disrupt

Just reconnect to tune ecu and redo the last steps. Just reset the adaptations and let it idle until it has cycled and the light and arrow changes. You should be good to go. If you leave it the way it is it will eventually learn and go back to normal.

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
2007 D675
post #5 of 19 Old 11-21-12, 02:44
MacBandit

Garage
Do you have a full system or are you just trying the map?
post #6 of 19 Old 11-21-12, 11:17 Thread Starter
jnip87

i have a stock header with the cat and exup deleted, i guess i should have mentioned what i did to the thing, removed the air flapper, connected the crank case vent to the sai, k&n filter, two bro slip on, and 20418 map. it is doing that hesitate..snatch...hesitate thing real bad.
post #7 of 19 Old 11-21-12, 11:24
MacBandit

Garage
Okay. Did you ride the bike after you went changed everything under the tank (before you changed the map)? I'm betting something is wrong under there. Like maybe the MAP sensor hose isn't connected.
post #8 of 19 Old 11-21-12, 14:08 Thread Starter
jnip87

[quote=MacBandit;889874]Okay. Did you ride the bike after you went changed everything under the tank (before you changed the map)? I'm betting something is wrong under there. Like maybe the MAP sensor hose isn't connected.[/quote]

where is that? i did not ride it till after the map was done, but it idles like a big block with a crazy cam lope!
post #9 of 19 Old 11-22-12, 01:14
MacBandit

Garage
So since you did all that work then did the map. I'm going to assume there are a lot of potential issues besides just the map that could be the issue.

The map sensor is the little black thing bolted on the back of the airbox with a rubber hose coming off of it.
post #10 of 19 Old 11-22-12, 12:57 Thread Starter
jnip87

yeah i know what the map sensor is, that quote said hose.. that is what had me lost. Im back home at my parents house on leave, when i get back to my bike ill hook it back up and try to reset adaptation again, and let it idle like it is supposed to and see if that helps, thanks for all the help and happy thanksgiving guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement