Bitten by the track bug! Unfortunate ending 8( - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Track Days

Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

Old 11-20-12, 17:30   #21
MadMel

Skool's cool, for sure. Then it's lots of practice. I started riding trackdays a little over a year ago, and did 4 levels of Cali Superbike School. It's only lately where I know what I am doing wrong in a given corner, instead of just "well, that felt like shit". True to the sage advice posted earlier, I've slowed down and work on improving one thing at a time; if it's all a blur, you don't have time to observe yourself. I had been trying too hard to go faster, and I suspect my riding technique actually worsened, because I didn't have it nailed down yet when I started trying to go fast. My lap times haven't reached my earlier best, but my average lap time is way better (and more consistent).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-12, 18:00   #22
SeoulMan

Thanks for the again for the advice. I'd like to get back out there soon to get some more practice in and try to slowly improve my riding aptitude.

Old 11-20-12, 18:19   #23
sittingturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie3 View Post
damn that sux dude. time to pick up the pieces and do it all again though

ill be at jennings next weekend. dec 1st.
Doing the endurance race?

Old 11-20-12, 18:20   #24
sittingturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeoulMan View Post
I think I was there on a different day sittingturbo and thanks for the parts offers too.
I was there Sat and Sun

Old 11-21-12, 04:29   #25
louie3

Quote:
Will you be there the entire weekend or just December 1st? I wish I could get to jennings that weekend but I'm thinking the weekend after is when I'll have another opportunity.
Just december 1st. Its my birthday on the 3rd. So I'm going to dinner with family and friends on Sunday.

The trackday Saturday is my bday present to myself.

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 11-21-12, 04:31   #26
louie3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingturbo View Post
Doing the endurance race?
No just a trackday. I think the races are this coming weekend.

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 11-21-12, 08:05   #27
sittingturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie3 View Post
No just a trackday. I think the races are this coming weekend.
Yeah, I believe you are right, I had my days mixed up... I might go the 1st... I had a lowside on reverse day 2nd to last session. Not bad at all thanks to the GB protection.

Old 11-21-12, 12:08   #28
louie3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingturbo View Post
Yeah, I believe you are right, I had my days mixed up... I might go the 1st... I had a lowside on reverse day 2nd to last session. Not bad at all thanks to the GB protection.
Ah that sucks. Ill keep an eye out for the baby blue 675. Ill be bringing another 675er as well, he's got a white and blue se daytona.

Old 11-21-12, 23:49   #29
Red October

Quote:
I was making an effort that day to open my hips into the turn, not sure exactly how well I achieved it haha. There was a youtube video I believe someone posted in the riding skills or media forum that had some drills from ridesmart I believe where they focused on the lower body set up into turns that I was practicing and trying to get a feel for. Again I think I need to find a cornering school down here in the southeast to attend.
TrackTactics is great, and they do NOLA/Barber. The body position/braking/corner setup seminars are open to all levels throughout the weekend and are hands on, bike in the classroom, get up on it and try it.
Not to mention having Shea/Ty instructing...

Old 11-22-12, 07:57   #30
SeoulMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October View Post
TrackTactics is great, and they do NOLA/Barber. The body position/braking/corner setup seminars are open to all levels throughout the weekend and are hands on, bike in the classroom, get up on it and try it.
Not to mention having Shea/Ty instructing...
Thanks for so much for the help and info. Now just have to decide which will be a little easier to get to from central florida. Are there any other organizations that provide schools like track tactics in the southeast? I was thinking of doing the disalvo course at Jennings on a standalone weekend next year. Their website says its open to all levels but if anyone has any experience from their school I'd like to hear more about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement