GoPro Hero3 - Page 7 - Triumph675.Net Forums
General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

post #61 of 97 Old 11-15-12, 09:43
OKStriple

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by willmct345 View Post
Hey Hokie! Hope you're enjoying the dive trip, that looks like the USS Kittiwake here on the island
I dove GC a couple times but haven't done that one yet.**edit** Just saw how new it was - I havent been there since they placed it
I usually dive with Neptunes Divers.

And holding an eel? Seriously? Those things freak me out and I've seen too many videos of people getting bitten by them. I've fed some freshwater eels at vortex springs and one tried to get into my BC, but thats as close as I want to be.

Now back on topic - I was planning to just get an HD2 now that they are marked down because thats all I really need for motorcycle trips, but I didn't think about the advantages of the new lens on the Hero 3 that makes it better for diving. I don't dive that much anymore, but it would be good to have.

2009 Matte Graphite Street Triple R. Arrow Slip on's, TecSpecs, GB Racing Protection bundle, CRG Lane Split Mirrors, on Michelin Pilot Road III

7643 posts behind MacBandit and getting further behind each day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 97 Old 11-15-12, 10:01
Disrupt

From a few of the videos I have seen comparing the hero3 black vs. hero3 silver vs. hero2, they said that the silver and hero2 are very close spec wise. Can anyone expand on that? Im thinking about getting the black or silver, but if I get a sick deal on the hero2 black friday/cyber monday...

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
2007 D675
post #63 of 97 Old 11-15-12, 10:10
astat4

Yur not the only one having this problem, samething happenes to me all the time on my GoPro Hero3! Laptop, ps3 and xbox. None of them play it right. Audio is not synced
post #64 of 97 Old 11-18-12, 06:19
SeoulMan

Just took the Hero 3 black edition to the track. Unfortunately the videos I took are not worth sharing. I used the suction cup mount to capture the video and the videos are far too shaky to warrant anyone else watching them. Lesson learned so next time I will know which mount to use. Even though the video itself is shaky the picture quality when connected to my television through a micro hdmi is pretty amazing.
post #65 of 97 Old 11-21-12, 07:25
DayBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeoulMan View Post
Just took the Hero 3 black edition to the track. Unfortunately the videos I took are not worth sharing. I used the suction cup mount to capture the video and the videos are far too shaky to warrant anyone else watching them. Lesson learned so next time I will know which mount to use. Even though the video itself is shaky the picture quality when connected to my television through a micro hdmi is pretty amazing.
Where did you mount the suction cup? On the flat part front of tank?

The missus just gave me a Hero3 Silver for my birthday and I got some mounts so keen to try out this weekend. She picked the Silver cos it's a "nicer color than the white" and the black wasn't out when she bought it. She now knows that they're all the same color but just have different internals ... Bless her

I saw this techmount mount that fits on the top of front shock stems but needs 53mm and I've only got 50mm on the Ohlins.

http://www.techmounts.com/products/?...&product_id=92

Anyone else found something similar?

Cheers
post #66 of 97 Old 11-21-12, 07:36
DayBoy

Using my brain a bit more .... A aargh

Can get the Techmount to suit 50 or 51 mm od fork stems ... So now need to get accurate measure ( not just rough ruler across top) of stem on 675r Ohlins unless anyone knows true dimension?

http://www.techmounts.com/products/i...&product_id=96

This looks like good thing for " through the screen" filming
post #67 of 97 Old 11-21-12, 10:09
SeoulMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayBoy View Post
Where did you mount the suction cup? On the flat part front of tank?

The missus just gave me a Hero3 Silver for my birthday and I got some mounts so keen to try out this weekend. She picked the Silver cos it's a "nicer color than the white" and the black wasn't out when she bought it. She now knows that they're all the same color but just have different internals ... Bless her

I saw this techmount mount that fits on the top of front shock stems but needs 53mm and I've only got 50mm on the Ohlins.

http://www.techmounts.com/products/?...&product_id=92

Anyone else found something similar?

Cheers
I mounted the suction cup on the seat cowl behind me. I've mounted it on the gas tank too right in front of me and it isn't as shaky there.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
post #68 of 97 Old 11-21-12, 15:27
DayBoy

Thanks SeoulMan

I'll give the tank possie a go this weekend

Cheers
post #69 of 97 Old 11-22-12, 03:20
Skin_Graft

My hero3 blk just arrives today. Might have to mount it on the car just to test it out. Haha.

------------------------

WERA #654
Hazardous Racing Apparel, Augusta Triumph/Ducati, Bridgestone Tires, Amsoil Lubricants, Pitbull, EBC
post #70 of 97 Old 11-27-12, 12:45
Disrupt

ordered a hero3 black today. $319... Gave the below a shot I hope they honor it.

http://mikesbikes.com/
use promo code "welcome11" to get $50 bucks off. You could also try promo code "bargainbasket" instead to get $80 off but i am not sure if they will honor it. Free 3 day shipping.

*Edit* I used the code "bargainbasket" and will update this post if they approve and ship the product.

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
2007 D675

Last edited by Disrupt; 11-27-12 at 12:54.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement