Bitten by the track bug! Unfortunate ending 8( - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Track Days

Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

Old 11-20-12, 15:19   #11
GTbullet

I went down on the last session of my first and only track day, i know how you feel man. Most important thing is to not dis-encouraged to try again. After my first time all i think about is going back....good luck with the repairs dude. If you dont find anything right now through TJ i have the stock shifter FS.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-12, 15:22   #12
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink675 View Post
One thing to add on the speed....it is possible to take a turn too slow and not be able to use proper technique on the turn without it being awkward. In addition to that just go at a speed to where you are comfortable enough to focus on what you are doing but fast enough to take the turn properly.

Pick up some riding books and read them, a lot of the books not only go over the technique but how it relates to the track and why it is used. That helps understand things a lot more rather then just having people tell you to do this do that and do it that way.
Absolutely true. And especially true of double apex turns where the instructors tell you to "lean once and just maintain the lean through the whole thing, without standing up, readjusting", and still want you to drift out. Those things will come with speed, but even slow pace repetitions are good for muscle memory, so you know where you're supposed to drift out to in this turn, and making your head/eyes scan constantly.

It may look stupid and awkward at slow pace, but repetition makes perfect. Every once in a while on a ride with gf I just lean off the bike to stretch in a turn...bike is standing upright, I'm hanging off to the side, bike's going through a sweeper without issues. Looks silly and unnecessary? Yes. Gotta maintain form :)

Old 11-20-12, 15:26   #13
sittingturbo

Wish I would have known you were there, so was I. Would have been more then willing to help out.

Old 11-20-12, 15:42   #14
sittingturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeoulMan View Post
Waiting right now to see what parts will be on sale during TJ's pry your wallet open week but I'm hoping to get back out there once she's fixed in the coming weeks.

So am I... Let me know what you need when the sales are over, I have stock rear sets and that type of stuff.

Old 11-20-12, 17:27   #15
louie3

damn that sux dude. time to pick up the pieces and do it all again though

ill be at jennings next weekend. dec 1st.

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 11-20-12, 17:38   #16
SeoulMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTbullet View Post
I went down on the last session of my first and only track day, i know how you feel man. Most important thing is to not dis-encouraged to try again. After my first time all i think about is going back....good luck with the repairs dude. If you dont find anything right now through TJ i have the stock shifter FS.
Sorry to hear you went down too on your first track day. I appreciate the offer on the parts from you and sittingturbo I will definitely send a PM if I need the shiftrod, had a lengthy phone call with TJ today and he has set me up with I believe all the parts I need to get my bike going again.

Old 11-20-12, 17:40   #17
SeoulMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingturbo View Post
Wish I would have known you were there, so was I. Would have been more then willing to help out.
I think I was there on a different day sittingturbo and thanks for the parts offers too.

Old 11-20-12, 17:40   #18
MadMel

In conjunction with Red October's tips, if you make sure that you open your hips toward the turn, a lot of the things he talks about feel a lot more natural. My big issue that I've recently been rectifying is that I'd hang my ass off too far, which prevented me from opening my hips, which then completely messed up my upper body.

Old 11-20-12, 17:43   #19
SeoulMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie3 View Post
damn that sux dude. time to pick up the pieces and do it all again though

ill be at jennings next weekend. dec 1st.
Will you be there the entire weekend or just December 1st? I wish I could get to jennings that weekend but I'm thinking the weekend after is when I'll have another opportunity.

Old 11-20-12, 17:50   #20
SeoulMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
In conjunction with Red October's tips, if you make sure that you open your hips toward the turn, a lot of the things he talks about feel a lot more natural. My big issue that I've recently been rectifying is that I'd hang my ass off too far, which prevented me from opening my hips, which then completely messed up my upper body.
I was making an effort that day to open my hips into the turn, not sure exactly how well I achieved it haha. There was a youtube video I believe someone posted in the riding skills or media forum that had some drills from ridesmart I believe where they focused on the lower body set up into turns that I was practicing and trying to get a feel for. Again I think I need to find a cornering school down here in the southeast to attend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement