Turning right sucks! - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Riding Skills Tips, lessons, experiences, etc. Beginner, intermediate and advanced.

post #21 of 29 Old 11-20-12, 13:14
Rink675

When I first started riding I was more comfortable on right hand turns then left. I still favor the right a little bit more but I don't mess up left hand turns either. Biggest thing I noticed when I sit on the bike stationary with the stands I tend to not be off the seat as much on the left side then the right.

I think it's because of the weird angle it puts on my left wrist so I will have to try that screwdriver method. I forgot about that technique until you guys brought it up.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 11-20-12, 14:30
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rink675 View Post
When I first started riding I was more comfortable on right hand turns then left. I still favor the right a little bit more but I don't mess up left hand turns either. Biggest thing I noticed when I sit on the bike stationary with the stands I tend to not be off the seat as much on the left side then the right.

I think it's because of the weird angle it puts on my left wrist so I will have to try that screwdriver method. I forgot about that technique until you guys brought it up.
Now...take this BP with a grain of salt...it's bad, but the throttle hand/wrist is actually pretty good, that's how my right side looks in RH turns. This allows much less severe wrist angles.
post #23 of 29 Old 11-20-12, 17:12
MadMel

I ride with two fingers resting on the brake / clutch all the time (old dirt bike habit maybe?), and never feel that I need to screwdriver it. Like in Red October's photo above. I suspect that hand position might allow a less acute angle for the wrist than when you hold the grip with all four fingers.
post #24 of 29 Old 11-20-12, 18:36
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October View Post
Now...take this BP with a grain of salt...it's bad, but the throttle hand/wrist is actually pretty good, that's how my right side looks in RH turns. This allows much less severe wrist angles.

For some reason the wrist angle on the right side doesn't bother me.....maybe its because I am twisting the throttle vs the left hand not twisting anything?

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike
post #25 of 29 Old 11-20-12, 22:11
929rc51

A good way to get more comfortable is find a place(preferably track but not everyone has that luxury) where you can make nice large ovals and try to use no brakes and you will enter your turns faster and faster which will make you have to lean more and more to hold your line.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

"I sprinkle diamonds on everything I eat. There's two reasons for that. One, it's the most baller shit you can possibly do. And two, it makes my dookie twinkle, man"
post #26 of 29 Old 01-27-13, 11:03
Tronix

I still struggle with U turns. :P

Bike: 2012 Triumph Street Triple R - My youtube channel with my videos

Car: 2012 MazdaSpeed3 JBR TIP SRI | Damond OCC | COBB AP | Stage 1 S-OTS 93
post #27 of 29 Old 01-28-13, 22:51
Evan_Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMel View Post
I ride with two fingers resting on the brake / clutch all the time (old dirt bike habit maybe?), and never feel that I need to screwdriver it. Like in Red October's photo above. I suspect that hand position might allow a less acute angle for the wrist than when you hold the grip with all four fingers.
+1 to this...I always cover front brake with a finger resting on top from dirt bike days...Wish I could add more about the track positioning but unfortunately they closed our track! :(
post #28 of 29 Old 01-29-13, 00:28
MadMel

Re: Turning right sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_Calgary View Post
+1 to this...I always cover front brake with a finger resting on top from dirt bike days...Wish I could add more about the track positioning but unfortunately they closed our track! :(
I rode Race City once before they closed it. You always covered the brake on that track... damned gophers are slippery!
post #29 of 29 Old 01-29-13, 00:58
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_Calgary View Post
4 fingers vs 2 actually has nothing to do with the hand position. I can easily hold the throttle with all 4 fingers, just prefer to keep 2 on the brake at all times. Just drop the elbow and don't let your wrist bend at a weird angle, and your right hand will naturally rotate down using outer edge of your palm as the pivot point against the throttle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement