Triumph quickshifter reprogramming? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 11-14-12, 07:11   #1
LeeHam

Default Triumph quickshifter reprogramming?

I noticed in the 2013 Daytona promo brochures they state the Triumph quickshifter comes improved with new software. While my quickshifter is butter smooth at times, it also seems clunky/not so smooth at other times, even when above 8-11k (feels like a fuelling/cut-out issue, to the extent it nearly feels mechanically unsympathetic). I can't peg it down to a particular gear change or rev range either.

I'd prefer not to add expense or more bits, and was wondering if anyone knew if these things are programmable/re-programmable, or if it is simply an ecu controllable thing (using the standard 09 ecu). I've searched and come up with TuneEcu 1.9.3.3 being adjustable, but if anyone can chime in/help with this issue that would be great. Or if it is just referring to Triumph's updated maps. The Triumph mechanic did update my map pre-quickshifter installation a few months ago but I have not been back since, and I'm not sure if this has the updated quickshifter timings in it.

Last edited by LeeHam; 11-14-12 at 07:20.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-12, 07:22   #2
NakedSaturday

Quickshifter is ECU controlled and is adjustable through TuneECU, allowing you to adjust ignition cut timing in 3 different rev ranges.

Old 11-14-12, 07:23   #3
!!675R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHamFroMyhr View Post
I noticed in the 2013 Daytona promo brochures they state the Triumph quickshifter comes improved with new software. While my quickshifter is butter smooth at times, it also seems clunky/not so smooth at other times, even when above 8-11k (feels like a fuelling/cut-out issue, to the extent it nearly feels mechanically unsympathetic). I can't peg it down to a particular gear change or rev range either.

I'd prefer not to add expense or more bits, and was wondering if anyone knew if these things are programmable/re-programmable, or if it is simply an ecu controllable thing (using the standard 09 ecu). I've searched and come up with TuneEcu 1.9.3.3 being adjustable, but if anyone can chime in/help with this issue that would be great. Or if it is just referring to Triumph's updated maps. The Triumph mechanic did update my map pre-quickshifter installation a few months ago but I have not been back since, and I'm not sure if this has the updated quickshifter timings in it.

I know that on my 11 675r, you can change shift time for the QS in the ECU using tuneecu, its 60ms from the factory and can be changed, not sure about the 09 ECU though.

Old 11-14-12, 16:19   #4
LeeHam

Thanks guys

Old 11-14-12, 16:23   #5
NakedSaturday

I want to say its the same ecu, since the quickshifter was a factory offered upgrade.

Old 11-14-12, 19:05   #6
LeeHam

Yeah these people with newer bikes... a different colour and sticker pattern does not a new bike make, even if you change the suspension. '09 was the only change as far as I was aware of until the real '13s come out, and everyone knows the old logo was better :)

Funny thing though - I have been told by a number of people that the quickshifter on the r model is different to the standard translogic unit for the '09+ (they went cheaper on the r apparently), and apparently the r model quickshifter won't fit the standard 675 (nor will the shift rods) yet from everything I can find it looks and functions the same and why you would change something when it is all the same bike and bits makes no logical sense to me. Again this is only talking with Triumph Australia and Triumph-certified mechanics and dealers (who are yet to get much right in my experience).

Old 11-20-12, 12:49   #7
Dewilmoth

I don't have a definitive answer, but I highly doubt they are different units for the 09+ and the 675R.

Old 11-20-12, 16:49   #8
sirhosis of deliver

I bought a quickshifter second hand with 100klms on it from a 675R and installed it onto my 09 with no probs, so the quickshifter and shift rods do fit and they do work.

When I researched it prior to paying, I found it also had the same part number as the one I was quoted to buy as an accessory from a Triumph dealer, so not sure where you are getting your info from LeeHam.

Old 11-20-12, 18:16   #9
LeeHam

See above post Sirhosis - Triumph Australia was my source through a phonecall by my Triumph dealer (plus my follow-up). As said too I couldn't find a difference either, but they were sure it was different.

Just like my reg/rec recall - took four calls/visits to sort out that it was for real, and I'm still waiting for a call back to get it booked in. So hard to get good service and info these days off the people who are supposed to know!

Old 11-20-12, 19:40   #10
sirhosis of deliver

Well as you have said in the above post, they seem to be good at getting it wrong. LOL

My source was off the official Triumph accessories box it came in and one of the better known online Pommy Triumph spares parts suppliers, which had the part number listed on their site. I must admit that this isn't bullet proof evidence either as someone could have made a data entry error, but I can assure you that mine is off an R and it fits with no modifications what so ever.

I wouldn't hold my breath for thatt R/R call back mate. Make yet another phone call.

I know what you mean re service. I think you have to be in Vic, NSW or SA to get this ( once in a blue moon) as I haven't had one mind blowing service experience in QLD ever.

BTW, I will be down there at my parents at Palmwoods over the Christmas, New Year period with bike. Wanna go for a ride!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement