preaching to the converted ! - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > Australia and Asia-Pacific

Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

Old 11-19-12, 03:26   #1
chinski

Default preaching to the converted !

i drove to newcastle last week to pick up the Street Triple R, saw it on bikesales & i already had my R1 for sale but after seeing this one i went & sold the R1 to a dealer cheap so i could snap up this streety, it is a 2010 model built late '09, got full Arrow exhaust & tune uploaded by dealer, bellypan, seat cowl, headlight fairing, tail tidy, only 5400 kays on it !!

has a brand new pirelli diablo rosso on the rear & had a fukd original Dunlop on the front so today i got a rosso II on the front & it feels so much better !!

set up the front sag & just bought a C spanner to do the rear today , adjusted all rebound / comps as per the book for Standard & then today went 1 click in on all adjusters which made it even better.

well i thought the R1 handled well, after riding the triumph today & i am sure i would be quicker on it than the R1, the handling of these things is truly amazing !! so much feel for what bike is doing & massive lean angle & corner speed !! i have a mate who is laughing at me for selling "such a fast bike to get a little bike" , well i cant wait to embarrass him & his 2012 ZX10R ninja up in the hills !! i'll try not to laugh to hard as i wait for him at the top of springbrook hahaha !!

the 675 triple has the perfect amount of grunt, able to get on the power hard in the corner power out & 2nd & 3rd gear pull plenty hard enough for the tight twistys i ride, full throttle most of the time by the time i exit a corner but thats is perfect i reckon, no need to have 180HP but only use 1/4 throttle, not to mention the sounds the triple makes !! induction, exhaust, that triple whistle, beautiful !!

also great for wheelies ! 1st gear all the way to limiter, 2nd & 3rd need a bit of a rise in the road ive found but slow speed clutch ups in first carry nice & high till its hits the limiter just perfect !!!

sorry for such a big write up let me know if its over the top, just excited about this bike !! going to put on a quickshifter, steering damper, shorty levers & thats about it, the bike has all the other mods i wanted to do to one which is why i jumped on it & drove 1400 kays to get it, plus my favourite colour, anyway i am one happy triumph rider, been on it all day & cant wait till 2moro to do it all again !!

cheers
chinski

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-12, 04:21   #2
old blue

Congrats - lovely bike.

The first STR I ever ride was like yours, right down to the colour and accessories. It was a dealer demonstrator. Straight away from the kerb, I reckon my first 20 metres on that bike were on the rear wheel. Easy.

Future classic. And round headlights rule!

O.B

Old 11-19-12, 05:25   #3
Tripod

Nice one...I'd say stick with clutchless shifts (so easy) before plumping for quickshifter (which can't be turned off)...definitely plenty of punch for the street :)

Old 11-19-12, 12:15   #4
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

That's a great looking bike! Glad you're so happy with your "downgrade." When I bought mine, I was in a position financially to get pretty much any bike I wanted. Seemed an easy decision to go with the ST3.

Have fun and keep the rubber side down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Nice one...I'd say stick with clutchless shifts (so easy) before plumping for quickshifter (which can't be turned off)...definitely plenty of punch for the street :)
Not sure why you'd want to turn off the quickshifter. I had it put on before I picked it up from the dealer and have never had any desire to have it turned off.

Trinity's Build Thread

Old 11-19-12, 16:17   #5
dabird

Send a message via Yahoo to dabird

congrats! nice looking bike, and bought for a good price. Doesn't get any better than that.

Old 11-19-12, 19:26   #6
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastybutler View Post
Not sure why you'd want to turn off the quickshifter. I had it put on before I picked it up from the dealer and have never had any desire to have it turned off.
I'm not sure why either since I don't have one However the test rider in BIKE's comparison ride b/w the street R and MV's new 675 mentioned they'd like the option to turn it off due to accidental shifts...obviously putting their hoof in the wrong place

Old 11-20-12, 01:40   #7
Sp00ky

"Accidental shifts" ??

Some "test" rider they got there ...

S.

Old 11-20-12, 03:07   #8
chinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ky View Post
"Accidental shifts" ??

Some "test" rider they got there ...

S.
i dont accidentally kick my shift lever as it is so cant see it happening with a quickshifter either, will be fun to keep the throttle pinned & shift up i reckon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement