Sold my bike for cheaper without pink slip. Now that i have it guy wont respond. - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Off Topic > LEO

LEO Law Enforcement Officers - Q & A

Old 11-19-12, 12:56   #11
jellies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw4422 View Post
if crashing it is on your mind, I'd hope that he didn't and caused damage to something. If they researched the bike back, it would come back to you, and you have no bill of sale signed by him.

Not to add more worrying points to you, but the more info you have floating around, it can help you decide more quickly what you need to do.
I understand. I also have plenty of texts from him but i dont know if that would help. I want to take care of this quick so that I won't have to deal with something like that. Its been about 3 days since he texted me last.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-12, 13:08   #12
Disrupt

no address? it could and probably will turn into a long process if it ends up going back and forth and small claims court, etc. But hopefully he gets back to you.

Old 11-19-12, 13:15   #13
jellies

I have his cell number so i dont think itll be too hard figuring out his address.

Old 11-19-12, 13:20   #14
Disrupt

Id go and talk to him in person and clear everything up. If he bought it for a street bike then he is going to want the title, if he bought it for the track, then he probably thinks he got a sick deal not having to pay for the title. Just have your goons ready near by just in case.

Old 11-19-12, 13:53   #15
jellies

If I cant find his address what do you think I should do?

Old 11-19-12, 14:01   #16
Disrupt

your probably going to have to make a police report so they have it on file in case you do end up taking him to court. try to gather all proof and evidence, get your story straight, but try your best to solve it peacefully, he may have valid reasons for not being able to answer the phone, but then again there are some evil people in this world.

Old 11-19-12, 15:05   #17
dabird

Send a message via Yahoo to dabird

The worst of your problems is that the bike is still legaly yours. if he wrecks it and causes damage to another vehicle or property, you will be held responsible.. I would do what ever possible to get the bike back, or get it registered in his name. Laws are different from state to state. Talk to a lawyer. Most police officers really don't know the laws. It could be that if you file papers for a stolen vehicle, and he can prove that in fact you did sell him the vehicle, even though the transaction was not completed. He may be able to sue you for filing false documentation, resulting in false arrest.

Old 11-19-12, 16:04   #18
eldridge216

like mentioned eairlier, i would go down to the police station and explain to them the situation. don't report it stolen, mention to them your fears about it still being in your name, and the possibility of the person wrecking it, also contact your insurance company and tell them the situation you are in.

take the paperwork you got with you to the police and show them what you have, they may tell you to wait a certain amount of time then report it as stolen

pin to win

Old 11-28-12, 18:08   #19
RedAndBlack

Report it as stolen!

Old 12-13-12, 17:00   #20
Papachristou

you didnt get a copy of his DL or anything? even a picture? how do you even know who he is other than what he told you?

look if you dont know the procedure for selling, ASK FIRST! we all need money quick but selling without full cash in hand/title is a no no.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement