Considering a 675 - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-18-12, 19:31   #41
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimp View Post
My story is almost the same as yours... I currently own an 06 r6r and I'm considering a D675. I really want more midrange .
When you get a 675 please let me know how you like it, and how it rides in comparison to the r6.

Thanks
I rode one on Saturday, look a few posts up. Bike was ok, very skinny compared to the six although the remaining geometry of a seat position was along the same lines. I didn't go far just around the parking lot so the current owner doesn't get nervous. The triple makes quite a rumble - I liked that a lot. I like the bike a lot but maybe the squid in me keeps saying it ain't a liter breh, it even looks like the six lol. So as much as I like I'm not sure that I'm fully sold on it yet. I want something new, and I thought the 675 was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-12, 19:34   #42
chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
I rode one on Saturday, look a few posts up. Bike was ok, very skinny compared to the six although the remaining geometry of a seat position was along the same lines. I didn't go far just around the parking lot so the current owner doesn't get nervous. The triple makes quite a rumble - I liked that a lot. I like the bike a lot but maybe the squid in me keeps saying it ain't a liter breh, it even looks like the six lol. So as much as I like I'm not sure that I'm fully sold on it yet. I want something new, and I thought the 675 was it.

I just recently picked up a cbr1K, and I love the midrange... but I'm thinking that its a bit much for the street... so I'm hoping the 675 can fill the midrange void of the r6 without being overkill.

Old 11-18-12, 19:38   #43
Noob

Quote:
I just recently picked up a cbr1K, and I love the midrange... but I'm thinking that its a bit much for the street... so I'm hoping the 675 can fill the midrange void of the r6 without being overkill.
what year cbr(street or track)? I tried to convince the wife that two bikes aren't more dangerous given I can only ride one at a time, but the ultimatum was one is going to have to go and I am not sure that I am ready to part ways with my six - I happen to still like it a lot.

Old 11-18-12, 19:46   #44
chimp

Quote:
what year cbr(street or track)? I tried to convince the wife that two bikes aren't more dangerous given I can only ride one at a time, but the ultimatum was one is going to have to go and I am not sure that I am ready to part ways with my six - I happen to still like it a lot.
2011 in street form.

I have both right now, but I'll probably get rid of one or both... we'll see.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-18-12, 19:58   #45
Noob

Quote:
2011 in street form.

I have both right now, but I'll probably get rid of one or both... we'll see.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I've ridden a friend's CBR, given it was it was a 2006, the 675 does not offer that "holyshitwhyisthefrontwheelcomingup" although it is a cool bike for sure; in fact the tail kind of looks like that style cbr and front look like a r6 with a projector mod.

I might just keep the six for another year and pick up a 848 next summer/fall, let me know what you end up doing. Why would you get rid of both btw? you said you just picked up the CBR

Old 11-18-12, 21:38   #46
dabird

Send a message via Yahoo to dabird

[quote=Noob;889249]I've ridden a friend's CBR, given it was it was a 2006, the 675 does not offer that "holyshitwhyisthefrontwheelcomingup" although it is a cool bike for sure;
The Daytona is one of the easiest bikes to wheelie. However it is not one to loft the wheel at inopportune moments when you least expect it. I have found my Daytona to be very predictable, with gobs of power. Keeps a grin on my face. It's hard if not impossible to find a better bike than the Daytona. Just my humble opinion!

Old 11-19-12, 03:15   #47
chimp

Quote:
I've ridden a friend's CBR, given it was it was a 2006, the 675 does not offer that "holyshitwhyisthefrontwheelcomingup" although it is a cool bike for sure; in fact the tail kind of looks like that style cbr and front look like a r6 with a projector mod.

I might just keep the six for another year and pick up a 848 next summer/fall, let me know what you end up doing. Why would you get rid of both btw? you said you just picked up the CBR
I really like my r6, but I was looking for something with a bit more midrange, since the midrange on 06/07 r6's are notoriously weak. The CBR 1000 came up at an amazing price so I jumped on it.

The CBR is awesome, but I think it may be overkill for the street. I like having a 600, but just want more midrange (675 or 750 probably). The good thing is that I can easily sell the cbr for a profit, so I'm keeping that option on the table. I need to put more miles on it before I make a decision though.

I"d like to have an already set up track bike and a street bike. So at least one of the bikes is going to be sold for the track bike. And the other might end up being sold since it's not exactly what I want in a street bike.

we'll see how things work out...

Old 11-19-12, 07:29   #48
f16falcon

Hello fellow Daytona shopper! Good luck!

Question for you. On your R6, how difficult is it to roll on the throttle smoothly? Daytona riders, I'm curious how your bikes are also. In the turns when I'm leaning pretty good I extend considerable effort into trying to be smooth (which slows me down by being distracting) with the throttle. Strangely enough, even though the R6 is so weak down low, you still get that little tiny burst of power on the initial pull. Now it's not scary or anything but:

1) I don't appreciate the bike not following my commands. I'm smooth, so should it.

2) When leaned over I'm subject to potential traction issues. I don't want anything taking traction away.

NOTES:

This problem seems to reside at lower RPMs, so a faster rider would not have them I think.

Perhaps if I set my corner speed better, I would not be starting to roll on while I'm leaned over. I would roll on straight up(then who cares about a little jerk in the throttle?), then when I'm leaned over I've already passed that initial rough response and should be smooth sailing.

On another note about the R6 versus the Daytona, you are perhaps better suited for a Daytona than most. The ergonomics of your R6 are quit aggressive on the wrists. The Daytona has kind of a high seat low bars kinda feel, so depending on how you sit, you could be leaning into your wrists. On the R6, I find myself spending a lot of time trying keep weight off my wrists(should be doing that anyway) and I've had some uncomfortable rides. I expect any comfort issues on the Daytona would be something that would not sending you running because:

A) You are used to it
B) You have already adopted a technique that saves your wrists

Please note that most of these riders on here will probably say they have little to no issues with D675 long rides, so somehow they have worked it out or are OK making the sacrifices.

Quote:
This is good info, thanks guys. I was hoping to see a little bit more low range as well. I have a 2007 r6, and there's plenty of top end, Low end not so much.

I've never done a valve adjustment, just always seemed like more than I can do myself but we'll see what happens if I get one

Old 11-19-12, 08:28   #49
Noob

Lol. The r6 is extremely uncomfortable, I mean painfully so. The low end is virtually non existent although the top end seems to be never ending it just keeps screaming. I rode the Daytona and it was maybe a tiny bit better, it's no fz6 (even an r1 seems better suited for long rides) by any means. I still love the r6 its hard to explain, but once you own one you get used to it.

Old 11-19-12, 08:30   #50
Noob

I'm probably going to be disappearing from forums - decided to keep the r6.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement