Triple R6 and R1 - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports

News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports any and all 675 ride experiences and news

Old 10-25-12, 13:32   #21
apbt4life

if this were to happen for Yamaha, it would happen in 2014-2015.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-12, 20:55   #22
Robmilkshakes

I'm excited and a little disappointed. I like relative rarity of the Triumph's triple, but for street bikes, it's nice to see companies trying to incorporate a little more character rather than just more performance, considering how overpowered sport bikes are to begin with these days.

Old 10-29-12, 20:55   #23
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmilkshakes View Post
I'm excited and a little disappointed. I like relative rarity of the Triumph's triple, but for street bikes, it's nice to see companies trying to incorporate a little more character rather than just more performance, considering how overpowered sport bikes are to begin with these days.

I wouldn't say overpowered, I would say a good portion of the buyers are just negligent riders. I stopped doing group rides with my street bike because I got tired of being associated with a bunch of immature loose cannons. People in parking lots revving out their engines, making fools out of themselves in public and just poses a bad image to the world of sportbikes.

Not to mention the constant dick measuring contest between all of the riders, first off your on the street....go ahead and be proud of pushing your bike to the limits when you can lowside right under a semi truck lol.

A 500CC two stroke bike is more dangerous to an unskilled rider then a 600CC four stroke. Snap the throttle off quickly on a 500CC two stroke and see what happens lol

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 10-29-12, 22:22   #24
Travisty

Send a message via MSN to Travisty

If triumph would come out with a liter bike it would have the 1215 mill in it.
I'm told this project was scraped about 4 months ago. Not dead, just not anytime soon.

Old 10-30-12, 13:18   #25
carnage.inc

Sad to say but i don't think club rules will allow a 636 i4 to race. I know cmra rules don't. They do however allow for the 675 triple. That being said i'm hoping that the yamaha won't be what the triumph is and that triumph truly does something better than a few rpms and a little more horsepower on their new daytona.

Old 11-18-12, 18:17   #26
faheygf87

I bought my 675 back in 07 because it was A) competitive in the class B) Sexy as hell C) unique.

The 2013 D675, IMO, lost B&C. It looks likes its trying to follow the pack and i hate that. If Yamaha can make a good looking 675 or 1100 triple, that's at least close to being competitive, id be all over it.

07 Graphite D675:
Full Ti Remus exhaust, Full Arrow/Remus Hybrid tune, Rizoma Sportlines/Bar ends/ Fluid Tanks, ASV Shorty Levers, CF Infill Panels, CF tank pad, CF heat shield, CF Front fender, CF lower chain guard, CA integrated light, Watsens 10LED front indicator, Gel Seats front and back, CW fender eliminator.

Old 11-18-12, 20:47   #27
929rc51

One thing that they can't/won't copy is the refinement. Switch bikes with a friend on Amy jap bike and they'll hop off saying I can't believe how smooth/refined that bike feels. From the clutch to the brakes to the power delivery it's just a step above the big four IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-18-12, 21:12   #28
Cloud22116

Id think about an 1100 yam triple honestly. Yamaha doesnt really make bad bikes it would have soul and sone serious power I think.
stock for now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement