Help me get my dream bike! 2008 Daytona $6600 - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-17-12, 22:39   #21
ScotiC

Obviously- people can ask whatever they want- but will they get it? Some yes- some no. Looking at just this forum you will find people dropping their asking price several times. I got my 2007 for 5000- down from 5500 with 6k miles, sliders, two bros can, tail tidy, pazzo controls. But- it needed fresh oil, coolant, brakes and tires. The kind couple that sold it to me said it had a power commander but they took it off before selling it to me- my bad for not looking but the bad karma coming their way for lying will forever haunt them. Anyhow- the point is that there are deals out there if you are patient enough to find one. Otherwise- screw it. Buy what you want at your expense and get to riding the thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-12, 23:08   #22
Hot.Damn.

Trust your gut and take your time. I looked at so many crap bikes and heard so much BS by these sellers before I found my bike. I was also looking to making a decent road trip to pick up a bike as it seemed to be a dead land for daytonas in SoCal. I'm so glad I waited for the right deal to pop up locally.

Good luck and be patient it'll be worth it.

2008 Ninja 250R Ebony Black

Old 11-17-12, 23:11   #23
f16falcon

Default Thanks guys!

Really appreciate all the tips. Tough one for me though since I have no wheels now. :(

None working anyway. It's like shopping for food when you hungry.

Old 11-17-12, 23:22   #24
Hot.Damn.

That's good analogy, that is exactly what it's like when the pickings are so slim. I had to bring a buddy with me to keep me level headed.

2008 Ninja 250R Ebony Black

Old 11-17-12, 23:56   #25
NakedSaturday

I really could've used a buddy when I went shopping for my Daytona, I walked in looking for a lightly used Caspian Blue and ended up riding out on a brand new R.

Old 11-18-12, 00:10   #26
f16falcon

Default The $6000+ bike was SE you know!

You guys do realize it's an SE I'm looking at right? I just saw a post from 2008. Guy said the SE was selling like $2000 more than standard. Is the price still high?

Old 11-18-12, 00:22   #27
Red October

Quote:
Originally Posted by f16falcon View Post
You guys do realize it's an SE I'm looking at right? I just saw a post from 2008. Guy said the SE was selling like $2000 more than standard. Is the price still high?
Well, that depends on what you want out of the bike.
If you're after the looks...its your money. But you could always find a cheaper one and get it repainted :)
If you're looking to pick up chicks :) then I don't think the color is going to matter much.

Old 11-18-12, 10:29   #28
f16falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October View Post
Well, that depends on what you want out of the bike.
If you're after the looks...its your money. But you could always find a cheaper one and get it repainted :)
If you're looking to pick up chicks :) then I don't think the color is going to matter much.
I want chicks AND to look cool at local bike nights AND be able to make it home without cutting out. ROFL!!

Seriously, I've decided to chill out and focus on getting a car first. Wait out a deal. I realize the risk considering I see folks hold out all winter for their price(seller) and the odds of finding a rare bike in my slim range of desire(2006-2009 black/blue) and it's in good condition is too are not good. However, if I don't relax, I'm going to buy something I regret.

Old 11-18-12, 11:02   #29
dabird

Send a message via Yahoo to dabird

I would say the best way to find a deal, would be #1 tell us where you are located. that way members can tell you what they know about in your area. You would be surprised how much knowledge this forumn can produce. Also you mentioned the gold wheels. Wheels can be powdercoated. why pay substantualy more for a bike because of the wheel color, when you can buy another bike cheaper and have the wheel color changed at a reasonable price. #2 patience is good. But you still must be looking. If you are not willing to work at finding a deal, then you really didn't want the bike as bad as you thought you did. OK I'm getting off my soap box now.

Old 11-18-12, 11:16   #30
f16falcon

Changed my mind about gold wheels. I still think they look REALLY good, but it's too much. I don't want to stand out so much, that is why I'm thinking the blue bike is also too much. I'm really liking a black model with normal wheels. This is why its good to slow down. Time to really think about what it is you really want.

Nothing but red and silver in NYC area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabird View Post
I would say the best way to find a deal, would be #1 tell us where you are located. that way members can tell you what they know about in your area. You would be surprised how much knowledge this forumn can produce. Also you mentioned the gold wheels. Wheels can be powdercoated. why pay substantualy more for a bike because of the wheel color, when you can buy another bike cheaper and have the wheel color changed at a reasonable price. #2 patience is good. But you still must be looking. If you are not willing to work at finding a deal, then you really didn't want the bike as bad as you thought you did. OK I'm getting off my soap box now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement