Anyone Ride with NESBA? GOIN TO THE TRACK! - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > North America > DC/MD/VA

Old 11-17-12, 13:35   #1
tnr4

Default Anyone Ride with NESBA? GOIN TO THE TRACK!

Hey dudes,

Yeah, yeah, so I don't have a 675 anymore, but I like it here, so deal with it.

Anyway, a major benefit of downsizing to the 300 is my wife finally decided to release me from my promise never to track. Apparently not having a bike that can do 150mph makes it less scary, lol.

So, I've been looking around. NESBA seems the most affordable, and they have a cool 'free trial' where you can go out to a track day, leave your bike street-ready, and do the classroom beginner sessions and then two track sessions for free. I was thinking I might do that when they are at Summit next summer. Any of you ride with them? Good/bad? Ever try the free trial?

Pumped to get on the track!

tnr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-12, 22:45   #2
D8onaTripl3

I have ridden with them...I had a great time! really was able to push my self to the limit and got great feedback from all the coach riders.

Old 11-18-12, 11:16   #3
tnr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8onaTripl3 View Post
I have ridden with them...I had a great time! really was able to push my self to the limit and got great feedback from all the coach riders.
Nice! Good to hear. I'm getting very excited about doing this. Do you have a bike now? Or are you without one for the winter?

tnr

Old 11-20-12, 06:28   #4
S2R1K_675

I'm a fan of NESBA. Well run track days and a good group of folks over all. I'll be out there with them again in the spring.

Old 11-20-12, 09:55   #5
sittingturbo

I road with the twice at Barber this season. It was well run, safe, and I had a good time. I'd just pay for the full day, forget the free stuff.

Old 11-20-12, 10:52   #6
tnr4

Good to hear! S2R1k -- I didn't realize that's who you ride with. We should get out to Shenandoah together next season! That way I can clog up the turns and drive you crazy.

PS: Do you ride out there, or have you invested in a trailer? I know people advise not to ride to track days, but I'm not sure how you affordably get into it without doing so.

tnr

Old 11-20-12, 19:32   #7
S2R1K_675

So far I've been a moocher...hitching rides with friends who have trailers. Once I rented a trailer from Uhaul ($16 w/ tax) and dragged it behind the Acura. I would definitely NOT ride out there unless you're planning to stay the night after riding the day. When ridden properly, you'll be tired at the end of the day.....and you're face will really hurt from the big ass grin that's been smeared across it all day!

Old 11-20-12, 20:35   #8
D8onaTripl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnr4 View Post
Nice! Good to hear. I'm getting very excited about doing this. Do you have a bike now? Or are you without one for the winter?

tnr
Oh I am without....(1) its winter lol (2) I am saving up for a house and trying to start a business sooo my money is all tied up! lol

Old 11-29-12, 09:17   #9
GuiltySparc

say whaaaaaat? You're going to the track??

I did my first day with TPM and it was a great experience. One of the members here was kind enough to let me use his friend pass so i paid quite a bit less than what it would have cost otherwise. I'll be joining TPM myself in the spring and would be happy to let you use my friend pass as well.

I solved the transportation problem by borrowing my in-laws' truck and putting the bike in the bed. I just bought some ramps and straps and it was super easy. Its a giant 4 door dodge with the full size bed, so if you wanted to go with me there would be enough room in the bed for two bikes, you would just need to buy a set of straps and ride up to my place.

Old 11-29-12, 09:38   #10
kmo

what the hell is a friend pass? I ride with TPM and ive never heard of that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement