Considering a 675 - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-15-12, 19:17   #21
Noob

Ok. The exup on my r6 was inside the stock slip on, but to remove the cables it involved a bit of work. If I end up buying the bike hopefully it already has a full system on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-12, 21:48   #22
Noob

Also willing to trade my r6 for a 675 if anyone's interested.

Old 11-15-12, 22:52   #23
ChickenStrips

A full system for a 675 can be pretty expensive, have a search through the performance and mod threads, if you're handy with a welder and a grinder there's some great ideas.

I run a PCIII on my 2008, only because I'm computer illiterate, the TuneECU program spun me out. Put tools in my hand and I'm good, give me a computer shit will get broken

Old 11-16-12, 00:22   #24
luciano136

I did everything for the 12k service myself except the valve adjustment. Everything else is easy.

I think I had all the common issues since I ride a lot. EXUP I disabled through the software and both stator and R/R burned up. Other than that, no issues. The charging system is by far the weak link.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Old 11-16-12, 01:20   #25
Noob

What are symptoms of a bad rectifier? Bad stator?

Old 11-16-12, 01:47   #26
D675Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
Just got an insurance quote, looks like its going to go up by a third of a price. The agent said its in a higher risk bracket than my r6.

Shop around - also what type of insurance are you getting. 675 was considerably cheaper than the 600 I4's in the Bay Area due to much lower theft record (i think that's the reason at least - either way my quotes were $700 vs $900 for substantial coverage).

Old 11-16-12, 10:44   #27
Noob

I am on east coast so rates are different, it makes me mad the rates are as high as they are given we have a half riding season to begin with. I'm paying 780 on the r6 now and they quoted me about a grand when i called back for a same year d675 and this was with state farm. Geico wanted $2,600 i thought dude was joking lol but he was dead serious.

Does anyone know symptoms of a dying rectifier/stator?

There is a 2009 out of state that I may go look at this weekend, it is my understanding that all of those were under a rectifier recall?

Last edited by Noob; 11-16-12 at 11:02.

Old 11-16-12, 11:03   #28
Neanderthal

State Farm rates go by cc's. So a dog-turd H-D 883cc that goes 105 mph will cost more to insure than a D675 675cc that goes 155 mph. 675>599 so ....

Old 11-16-12, 11:06   #29
DecepticonDon
BOTM Marshall

If it hasn't had the R/R recall done, do it just in case.
Some people(myself included..bought new-2008/13,000mi) have not had an issue with the original R/R. others have had multiple failures.

My closest dealer has a R/R on order for me.

Old 11-16-12, 19:36   #30
Polystigma

These engines are pretty easy to work on. I am about to do my 12K valve check and adjustment next week.
Not worried about it at all. Read both the factory and Haynes manuals. Very straight forward service.

I spent about $300-350 on items needed for the service.
Oil, Engine assembly lube, various gaskets and o-rings, spark plugs, spark plug socket, feeler gauges, micrometer, cable luber, cable lube, shim kit from HotCams, and an OBDII cable.

Next time I need to do the service, I will already have all the necessary stuff. So it is a good investment in my eyes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement