Help me get my dream bike! 2008 Daytona $6600 - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-16-12, 16:18   #11
Papachristou

have you budgeted for gear? you sound really young which is probably why you are striking out on negotiations (believe me, we've all been there).

audi a4 ultrasport i bought 7 years ago(looked for six months)
audi s4 cab in rare color (100 made) looked for 4 months)
VW passat TDI for my wife-looked for six months before getting the deal i wanted
675R-Negotiated with several area dealers for 3 months

My point is, dont get a case of the gimmies or "have to have" right now. Be patient, the right deal will come along. Ive seen '11s selling on ebay for $7000 with 2000 miles so i dont think it is a great deal. If it is a one owner bike in perfect shape, it may not be a bad deal though. Like others have said, if it is what you want, just get it. Keep in mind riding season is closing quick (depending where you live). Deals will pop up during the winter when people need money, especially before/after the holidays.

GL whatever you decide.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-12, 16:45   #12
Bearded Matt

Keep lookin dude. I just bought my 07 with 1900 miles about a month ago. 1st owner, had all paperwork etc. I paid 5500 for it. Granted each area is different, and since I'm in CA. I believe I got a VERY good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-16-12, 16:54   #13
f16falcon

Default NO BIKE! :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
Does it have all service records etc? Ownership knowledge? I paid a bit off blue book for mine, but it had some pricey bells (full zard system) and whistles and full "papers". So in my mind it was worth it. Love the bike!
Two owners. I think serviced by same shop.

Problem is bike will not be ready in time. Is this suspicious? Think about it...I'm a customer who is clearly serious and ready to take a long drive to pick it up. How long does it take to do service on the bike? Pardon my ignorance but I'm thinking if I was shop, I'd be like "YOU, there service this bike now!". An hour later or LESS, the bike is done and 15 minutes later it's sold. Even if I push back a service customer's work for an hour(assuming I can still deliver their bike on time), I'd be OK with that. I just don't see myself risking loosing a bike because I can't get the service done.

So what kind of service are they doing exactly? Repair work to hide something? What could take sooo long that they would risk having this thing sitting in showroom until spring because it won't be ready until early next week? Hmmmmm...

Old 11-16-12, 16:57   #14
Papachristou

just wait... something is clearly sketch and the price isnt a bargain or anything. WTF service do they have to do? Who even services a bike when it is traded in? Maybe clean it up, tighten/lube chain. i call BS.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Old 11-16-12, 17:31   #15
Knolly
BOTM Winner

What they said. I wouldn't buy due to the price alone.

Wait it out and you can get some amazing deals during the winter.

Old 11-16-12, 23:55   #16
ScotiC

Great advice from everybody. Don't forget that the 12k service is right around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Old 11-17-12, 11:24   #17
apbt4life

Not much to say but that's a horrible deal, not only that but you could find later years w/ less miles for less money, do your self a favor, don't do it! Good luck with your search.

Old 11-17-12, 21:46   #18
f16falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papachristou View Post
have you budgeted for gear? you sound really young which is probably why you are striking out on negotiations (believe me, we've all been there). .
LOL. I think my $600 A* Jacket and my $300 boots and my track pants should still work fine. Gotten 3 years good use out of them. This would make my 4th bike. :)

That price is right in line with what I see in Northeast. I did notice bikes in Texas at $2000 discount but even down there I saw a $6000 bike. Where you guys buying those cheap bikes man? lol

BTW...a guy on this forum is getting $6000 from dealer(trading in his bike). Should a dealer not be paying bare minimum? If a dealer is paying $6000, then I would be paying more.

Old 11-17-12, 21:59   #19
f16falcon

Default Where are the cheap Daytonas?

THIS is what I see:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/3415539221.html

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/3327859523.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/3371435725.html

Why do these owners think they can sell thier bikes in this COLD time for $6000 and you guys think they are worth a lot less?

Here is the reality I know. I've seen Daytonas SIT on the market for months. Economy is bad and most people want Jap bikes. Season is over for most too. However, people still expect $6000 for their bikes and will even take bike off market if they don't get their money.

People are bidding over $4000 for a WRECKED Daytona!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...t_50253wt_1165

Ebay search shows not ONE Daytona has sold in the last month. They were all bidded past $6000 and still did not sell.

What am I missing? Looks like housing crisis. Houses worth nothing but sellers dont want to accept that so no deals are made. Buyers and sellers are stuck.

Last edited by f16falcon; 11-17-12 at 22:07.

Old 11-17-12, 22:13   #20
f16falcon

Another:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/3370783162.html

$6000 for SALVAGE title
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...358877828.html

I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f16falcon View Post
THIS is what I see:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/3415539221.html

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/3327859523.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/3371435725.html

Why do these owners think they can sell thier bikes in this COLD time for $6000 and you guys think they are worth a lot less?

Here is the reality I know. I've seen Daytonas SIT on the market for months. Economy is bad and most people want Jap bikes. Season is over for most too. However, people still expect $6000 for their bikes and will even take bike off market if they don't get their money.

People are bidding over $4000 for a WRECKED Daytona!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...t_50253wt_1165

Ebay search shows not ONE Daytona has sold in the last month. They were all bidded past $6000 and still did not sell.

What am I missing? Looks like housing crisis. Houses worth nothing but sellers dont want to accept that so no deals are made. Buyers and sellers are stuck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement