Anybody going to TX MotoGp in 2013? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 Racing Forums > General Racing Discussions

General Racing Discussions Discussion area for any non 675 related racing (Moto GP, World Superbike, etc) & general race set up / questions.

Old 11-15-12, 21:18   #1
Sammy901

Default Anybody going to TX MotoGp in 2013?

Anyone planning on heading to Austin in April for Motogp?

Hoping they will figure out some type of on-track camping by then.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/moto-gp

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-12, 18:06   #2
flyin_gnome

I did Laguna this year so thinking about Austin next year.

Old 11-17-12, 19:01   #3
675r4me

Been doing Laguna for years and years. I live here in CALI on the Central coast but this year my wife and I are definitely doing Austin. For one, they will be running moto 1 and 2--the best racing in the premier classes for sure.

Secondly, we are going to see world super bike here at laguna, so why not do Austin. I really like the city of Austin too. We are probably going to trailer the bikes to a friend's house in Austin, and ride to the track Sat and Sunday.

Looking forward to it

Mark

Old 12-22-12, 16:17   #4
Sammy901

Filled out the volunteer application and will see what happens. Will only consider it if they provide on-site camping. Cornerworked Motgp at Laguna Seca in 2010 and it was a great experience.

AUSTIN, Texas (Dec. 14, 2012) - Circuit of The Americas will host the Red Bull MotoGP? of The Americas event April 19-21, 2013, and the new purpose-built Grand Prix facility in Central Texas is seeking volunteer race marshals for the three-day program that is part of the premier motorcycle racing World Championship.

Interested parties should complete the Circuit of The Americas' Preliminary Volunteer Application Form located at http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/volunteer-motogp. Applications will be reviewed when received and applicants will be notified as soon as possible. Additional information about the event and responsibilities will be distributed as it becomes available. Previous race marshal experience is preferred, but not required.

Individuals selected as volunteer race marshals will receive training and a number unique benefits in exchange for their service, including the chance to experience the very first MotoGP Championship event held at the Circuit's world-class sports and entertainment complex.

Old 12-22-12, 17:12   #5
Tex2k2013

I'm not basing this on anything but my impression of the track's management, but I highly doubt they will provide on-site camping.

I have tickets to the race but after CotA's announcement today that they are cancelling all amateur trackdays for 2013 I'm not happy with the fact that I've given them money. I'll probably still go but next year I'd rather travel hundreds of miles to Laguna Seca than 15 minutes to this track if it means giving those scumbags my hard-earned money.

Old 12-22-12, 21:35   #6
Sammy901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2k2013 View Post
I'm not basing this on anything but my impression of the track's management, but I highly doubt they will provide on-site camping.

I have tickets to the race but after CotA's announcement today that they are cancelling all amateur trackdays for 2013 I'm not happy with the fact that I've given them money. I'll probably still go but next year I'd rather travel hundreds of miles to Laguna Seca than 15 minutes to this track if it means giving those scumbags my hard-earned money.
They already suck in my book for the screwing over they did to Kevin Schwantz and this new shitty behavior doesn't make me feel any better. Camping will be the make it or break it for me regarding corner working the event. No way I'm gonna come all the way from Florida to volunteer (unlike Laguna Seca that gives you free camping and over $200) and then have to pay for camping or a hotel room.

It seems like the track days that are locked down may be ok... http://jalopnik.com/5970719/austins-...ans-everywhere

Old 12-22-12, 21:40   #7
Bamboo671

Been thinking about it! I have family in S.A. (wife does actually) so I'm sure I can slip away for a day!

Old 12-23-12, 00:35   #8
Dave K

Located in Chicago so usually do Indy for MotoGp. I'd love to check out the new track this year but after nixing trackdays and hearing some of the questionable "customer service" issues coming from track management, I may be saving my $$$ for Laguna...

Old 01-07-13, 00:26   #9
BMAF

I've been to Indy 4 years in a row. Was going to make the trip to Cali but since COTA opened up and it's the first year... I'll be heading there!

BMAFRacing GP Brake Res kits - CLICK HERE

Old 02-05-13, 12:53   #10
Sammy901

Finally got an update regarding corner working the event. Not sure if I going or not, but at least there is on-site camping for the volunteers. No way I'd pay for a hotel room to work for free at an event.

Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the first ever MotoGP at Circuit of the Americas!

We have an exciting few days planned and are looking forward to having everyone on board.

A few things you need to know:

• The event itself will be April 19th -21st.
  • Thursday night April 18th will be kick-off Dinner and Training Party. All volunteers must attend. We are going to go over what your duties will be and what to expect, have some great Texas food, cash bar and get to know each other.
  • 9201 Circuit of the Americas, Austin, TX 78617
Lot K in a large white tent
Thursday April 18th
3-6 pm mandatory training with a BBQ after
  • We have arranged for a block of hotels at a volunteer rate here in Austin.
Wyndham Garden Austin
3401 South IH-35
Austin, TX 78741

BOOK A DOUBLE BED ROOM HERE
BOOK A KING SIZE BED ROOM HERE

The rate is $129 plus tax and fees. The hotel itself is located between the track and downtown Austin on I35.

Transportation between the track and the hotel will be provided for each morning and evening.

Bus schedule:
Friday 4/19:
Pick-up at Hotel to Track – 6:00 am
Pick-up at Track to Hotel – 6:00 pm

Saturday 4/20:
Pick-up at Track to Hotel – 6:00 pm

Sunday 4/21:
Pick-up at Track to Hotel – 5:00 pm

• Lot K on site has been set up to tent camping and RV parking as well as personal vehicle parking for all volunteers. This space is reserved exclusively for volunteers, no spectator parking. Credentials and Maps will be handed out at the Thursday Dinner Kick-off party.
  • For your protection and to assist in uniformity everyone will be required to wear a single layer blue jumpsuit which COTA will provide. Be sure to have lightweight clothing on underneath. (more than just underwear) We will be giving them out Thursday night and ask you return them on Sunday. These suits are your responsibility, all suits are to be returned and a fee of $400 will be charged to the persons who do not return them.
  • Breakfast will be served on site in LOT K during all 3 days of the event. Lunches will be delivered to you at your station. Dinner will not be provided for so please plan accordingly. To give you an idea of what food to expect:
Breakfast:
Coffee
Juices
Breakfast sandwiches
Burritos
Fruit
Lunches:
Sandwiches
Fruit
Chips
Cookie
  • As a big thank you, we will be giving out swag bags of goodies; this includes 1 THREE DAY GA TICKET TO THE EVENT! At the end of the event we will be raffling off some extra special prizes as well.

Below are some of the jobs we are looking to staff:

Flag Marshal - (98)
Flag Marshals are stationed in elevated stands around the track, and right at the tracks edge. Flag marshals are responsible for waving the appropriate flag to warn on coming riders of track conditions ahead. This person will wear a radio and headset to communicate with race control.

Track Marshal – (156)
Track Marshals will be positioned in specified locations at track edge. Track Marshals will run out to a motorcycle in case of accident - must carry C -BARRIES to place on the other side of the rider. Their primary job is to, as quickly as possible, load the bike onto the trailer of the moto pickup and pick up any debris then return to station. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and run long distances.

Moto Taxi (6)
Moto-Taxi’s must have valid motorcycle license. You will be riding a Yamaha TW200 around the inner and outer access roads with a helmet that has a built in radio. The moto-taxi will be dispatched to location of accident to give pro-rider a ride to his garage in Main Paddock, quickly but safely. You must have extensive knowledge of motorcycle safety. MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR TRAINING ALL DAY THURSDAY APRIL 18, 2013.

Moto Pick-Up (4)
Drive a gator pulling a 7 foot trailer on inner and outer access roads. Will be dispatched by radio to accident locations to pick up wrecked motorcycles and transport to the FIA inspection garage in the Main Paddock. MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR TRAINING ALL DAY THURSDAY APRIL 18, 2013.

Event Coordinators for the Marshal Program (8)
Assist with all duties at the volunteer tent. Equipment check-in and check-out. Prep box lunches and drink service. Keep areas organized and running smoothly. 6 Runners to driver access road and fill coolers with water and Gatorade throughout the day.
Please let me know which of these jobs you would be interested in and we will try to get everyone their first choice.

We are very excited to put together a great volunteer program for COTA. Our plan is to make these events fun, exciting and as accommodating as possible, every year we will look for ways to improve the program.
We want to turn the COTA volunteer program into a great tradition, have the same faces year to year. We want you in our volunteer family for as long as there are tires on track and the drive to get out there and be a part of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement