Riders Discount 2009 Triumph 675 Project Bike - Page 97 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Performance Mods

Old 10-29-12, 23:46   #961
pyroking339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
Oh god I know what you mean. This thread is basically "You think you're done modding your bike? Nope."
This thread should have a "hide your credit cards" disclaimer for all new people... too bad for the rest of us, Riders Discount has our info on file haha.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-12, 10:47   #962
Knolly
BOTM Winner

TJ, as glorious as those T-drive rotors are, have you guys considered carbon ceramic disks? Surely the fact that they glow under heavy braking is enough reason to get a set, haha.

Old 11-15-12, 13:30   #963
RidersDiscount

Quote:
TJ, as glorious as those T-drive rotors are, have you guys considered carbon ceramic disks? Surely the fact that they glow under heavy braking is enough reason to get a set, haha.
They are illegal for most race orgs in the US and we didn't want to restrict who we could ride the bike with.

Old 11-15-12, 13:34   #964
MacBandit

Quote:
Steel glows too when braking from 200mph. It's not the compound that's making them glow but the amount of heat produced from the type of use.

Old 11-15-12, 13:40   #965
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersDiscount View Post
They are illegal for most race orgs in the US and we didn't want to restrict who we could ride the bike with.
Ah, that makes plenty of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Steel glows too when braking from 200mph. It's not the compound that's making them glow but the amount of heat produced from the type of use.
Good point. I know it's the heat, I just thought with carbon ceramic rotors they were prone to heating up to the point of glowing more often, although I could very well be wrong about this.

I know of course that there are other advantages to them, I was mainly joking about the glowing part (although it is fricken awesome), I was just curious why they didn't make it to the bike.

Old 11-15-12, 13:49   #966
MacBandit

Carbon actually dissipates the heat faster then steel. This is a major reason for using carbon over steel in a racing application.

The rules in the US racing series are pretty strict and as such there are a lot of cool high end tech pieces I haven't seen on this bike yet. Although it would probably have bankrupted them to try and build a bike without such restrictions.

One thing I find interesting they don't have is full data acquisition. It's probably not allowed in there series but there's a guy in Portland that runs full suspension, tire temp, GPS, along with engine data. Pretty cool stuff. He's does it because he can not because it makes him faster though since it apparently doesn't.

Old 11-15-12, 13:58   #967
Knolly
BOTM Winner

Yeah I saw the data acquisition that EBR had on their 1190RS development bike and their race bikes, it's really really cool stuff. Enough to basically recreate any given moment in a computer model and figure out the best ways to tweak the engine and suspension.

Old 11-15-12, 14:59   #968
RidersDiscount

We have a good level of "Data" on our DSB GSXR600. It is GPS based, gives throttle position, brake pressure, front and rear travel, water temp, and a few other settings that I am forgetting.

The best thing about "Data" is that it confirms what the rider is telling the crew. Brian was on the bike in a test session and was getting a vague feeling in the front end at a couple of corners. Sure enough we looked at the data and he was bottoming out on fluid level in a couple of corners (looked like the wheel was bouncing right at the bottom). We pulled a little fluid out of the forks and the feeling came back and he dropped .5 second a lap.

Old 11-15-12, 16:35   #969
pyroking339

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
Different materials are going to glow at different temperatures too

Old 11-15-12, 17:47   #970
llenta
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersDiscount View Post
We have a good level of "Data" on our DSB GSXR600. It is GPS based, gives throttle position, brake pressure, front and rear travel, water temp, and a few other settings that I am forgetting.
How do you get brake pressure? Is there something expensive that you have to add on since this isn't recorded by the ecu like the throttle position is?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement