Is there a specific grease I should use for the axel and spacers?
the bearings are sealed, greasing the axle is just to help it slide into the spacers & bearings, i guess?? i never lube axles.
my wheel install process:
1. use a large screwdriver to spread the brake pads fully apart inside the caliper. if you haven't added fluid to your reservoir you should be fine.
2. make sure the caliper bracket is positioned properly and slide the tip of the axle into the swingarm and caliper bracket, just enough to hold it in place.
3. lay the chain on the top of the swingarm to keep it out of the way. i always slack the adjusters a few turns to make the whole process easier.
4. make sure the cush drive is fully seated...
5. lift the tire with your toes as you guide the rear rotor into the caliper, watch for the chain to pinch between the swingarm & tire and guide it all up into place.
6. knock the axle into the wheel, careful to guide it gently into the opposite swingarm so not to bang up the threads.
7. install chain on sprocket, adjuster block/washer & nut
8. adjust chain slack & check tire for straightness.
9. drink beer while you clean your chain.