Dealer experiences - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-14-12, 00:17   #11
Zen

I'm getting close to my 500 mile service, any advice for me? My main concerns are:

Poor gas mileage
Engine rough under 6k rpm
6 bar temp gauge
Getting stiffed by dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-12, 09:43   #12
Papachristou

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph guy View Post
Anyone else have a bad dealer experience, my 675r is at the dealer for a leaking headgasket, it's been two weeks since I've dropped it off and they just got the approval today from triumph to do a headgasket.
This to me is ridiculous, i work at a BMW dealer and it would have never taken two weeks to get an approval from the manufacturer. So far im a displeased customer and to top it, the dealer has no communication skills what so ever, the only time i get any kinda update on my bike is only when i call them (the dealer).

Maybe this is an easier answer but is there a customer service number i can call for triumph?

Also i live in Columbus Ohio and the bike is at moto Ohio. Probly won't ever take my bike back for any kind of service work again. Will only buy parts from now on
my first bike was in 4 times for a simple oil leak that started with me riding off the lot. I first noticed it and took pics when i put on frame/slider covers at about 250 miles. When i took it in, they couldnt find the oil leak, i then called a few weeks later to setup the first service and have them check the oil leak again. They said they couldnt get it in for 2-3 weeks...... are you kidding me? it's an oil change! plus they were out of the oil??!!! anyway, i DIY and brought it to them a week or so later to "check it". when i went to pick it up over a week later (without any communication), they said the sliders caused the oil leak and wanted to charge me for the service. i got into a huge argument with the service manager that ended with him saying he would keep my bike if i didnt pay the tab (illegal, he can send me to collections, put a mechanics lien on it etc), anyway, i paid and left. Sure enough, still leaking. brought it back in, they finally found a pinched gasket and repaired it. They returned the bike to me with all the fairings covered in oil (inside), scratched and missing a fairing bolt which they refused to replace and charged me $7 for.

New bike hasnt seen the dealer since the day i picked it up. Runs fine. Good luck and order parts online, much cheaper!
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Old 11-14-12, 11:31   #13
Papachristou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
I'm getting close to my 500 mile service, any advice for me? My main concerns are:

Poor gas mileage
Engine rough under 6k rpm
6 bar temp gauge
Getting stiffed by dealer
what is your gas mileage? My bike gets right at 33mpg. I dont know of anyone who really buys an SS bike for fuel economy though. Heck, your tires will be lucky to make 4000-5000 miles and they arent cheap to replace (although there are competitively priced options)

Engine rough, what do you mean? My bike always, um not rough starting but it seems to have a miss or something till it warms up.

6 bar temp gauge is normal, search that.

What did dealer stiff you on?

Old 11-14-12, 12:00   #14
astat4

33mpg? Are u tracking it? Damn cause I'm at 47mpg avg from my trip1 which is as soon as I got my bike and my bike has around 4k miles

Old 11-14-12, 21:14   #15
Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by astat4 View Post
33mpg? Are u tracking it? Damn cause I'm at 47mpg avg from my trip1 which is as soon as I got my bike and my bike has around 4k miles
Stat, you're on a Daytona right? I get 31 mpg on my STR, that's why I'm looking forward to this service, to find out wtf is the deal. When I fill up I can't fill more than 3.1 gallons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papachristou View Post
what is your gas mileage? My bike gets right at 33mpg. I dont know of anyone who really buys an SS bike for fuel economy though. Heck, your tires will be lucky to make 4000-5000 miles and they arent cheap to replace (although there are competitively priced options)

Engine rough, what do you mean?
Right now I'm getting about 30 miles per gallon, all city miles, but still right?

In 1st gear, off a roll stop for example, the engine lugs and knocks between 2 an 5000 rpm, then it's smooth and great.

Last edited by Zen; 11-14-12 at 21:20.

Old 11-15-12, 00:02   #16
luciano136

I honestly have never had a great dealer experience. I've had an ok experience but that was about it. I use knowledgeable independent shops who still know the meaning of customer service.

Even the local Porsche dealer had an attitude when I wanted to take a test drive because I probably didn't look rich enough. Sad...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Old 11-15-12, 01:11   #17
astat4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Stat, you're on a Daytona right? I get 31 mpg on my STR, that's why I'm looking forward to this service, to find out wtf is the deal. When I fill up I can't fill more than 3.1 gallons.

Right now I'm getting about 30 miles per gallon, all city miles, but still right?

In 1st gear, off a roll stop for example, the engine lugs and knocks between 2 an 5000 rpm, then it's smooth and great.

That's crazy, well I get a lot of highway miles that's why I get 47mpg. no more than 3.1? U sure? I've put up to 15 dollars sometimes of gas to fill up.

And about yur rpm. I'm guessing its yur intake flapper that doesn't open till 4900rpm??

Old 11-15-12, 01:51   #18
luciano136

Low 30mpg can't be normal. I'm somewhere in the 45 range as well. Mix city-hwy. '08 'tona.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Old 11-15-12, 10:51   #19
Papachristou

you guys have it set on imperial MPG. Switch it to US MPG.

for city/high rpm riding, 30s is normal.

Old 11-15-12, 10:56   #20
astat4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papachristou View Post
you guys have it set on imperial MPG. Switch it to US MPG.

for city/high rpm riding, 30s is normal.

What's the difference?

that just blew my mind.! Lol. Well I'm at 40.1 not that much off.

Last edited by astat4; 11-15-12 at 11:03.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement