Big problem AFTER recall work done - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > Repair/Troubleshooting

Old 11-14-12, 03:31   #11
Rink675

Don't let this turn you away.....these are AWESOME bikes, if it was working fine before they worked on it then they need to fix it plain and simple. Once you get past this stupid mistake that most likely occured you will love the bike.

Especially since you are a dedicated customer they better pay the bill bottom line, don't let the mechanic ease his way out of losing money because of his mistake. If Triumph is saying they are stuck then it was the mechanics error most likely.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-12, 09:35   #12
Papachristou

OP, i see situations like this quite a bit at work. For instance, i had some sign guys out to put up a new sign at a building we share with another company. Unforunately, the sign co made the sign just a couple inches too big (wished i had that problem) and it wouldnt fit so they never even touched anything. THe company next door saw the trucks though and when they started having electrical issues later in the day, they immediately blamed us, then called the landlord to complain then threatened to sue us. Your issues may/may not be related but definitely something to look at. Maybe you can work it to get them to cover teh work?

At any rate, everyone is right. You'll have to test each wire. If they arent going to cover it, you might want to try to DIY if you are capable. Once you resolve the problem you will LOVE the bike though. You have a great color too!
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Old 11-14-12, 21:52   #13
fueratoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
I had a problem similar to yours...it was short in the wires leading from the purge control valve. The wire was rerouted wrong after a recall where it would make contact with the chain at the front sprocket.

You're gonna have to trace it methodically to each wire in the wiring harness with a multimeter and test for continuity...tedious unfortunately but the only way.
I had this exact same problem two summers ago. What tooblekain has said is the only way you'll find the problem: it's a short in the wiring somewhere. Once it's fixed it will fire right up. Guarantee it. I would start looking at the places where recall work was done. When it happened to me, it was due to a shoddy job on the previous owner's part of adding new blinkers and plate light into the electrical system. You'll find it eventually.

Old 11-18-12, 21:18   #14
jasonm007

RESOLVED!

I didn't speak very long to the dealer but this is the gist of. The previous owner installed an integrated tail light/turn indicator and his re-wiring was the cause why the bike was shorting out.

It's costing me $300 in labor but much better than $2-$3k for a new wiring harness and labor. The previous owner will know and I hope I will get some sort of compensation from him.

Thanks again for everyone's input!

Old 11-18-12, 21:54   #15
apbt4life

Glad to here problem solved! Now make sure u don't let this be your last daytona=)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement