2013 Daytona 675 & 675R first look - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-14-12, 03:55   #21
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyuscdjs View Post
Sorry, I respect your opinion but I believe more people find this to be a "follower move" rather than a "leader move" which has been a hallmark of triumph since they were reborn.
When the original Daytona 675 came out the first thing I said was that they had taken styling elements from a few different bikes and combined them. That didn't stop me falling in love with the looks. The fact that it performed exceptionally well was nice too.

So what if they have carried on doing that. Most designers of anything follow current trends so that different manufacturers end up producing similar looking products. They can't afford not to. If something is too radical and different it might not sell. And that's the bottom line.

When Triumph updated the Street Triple and ditched the round headlights there were a lot of grumpy Street Triple fans. Yet that was about the only major change to the bike and it still caused a large negative reaction. The manufacturers tread a thin line.

Personally I am of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mindset. I said a couple of years ago that when Triumph update the Daytona it wont look as good as the current model, in the same way the 999 didn't improve on the iconic 916. I still stand by that, I think the original Daytona is stunning and a better looking bike, although I do quite like the latest update. At least they don't totally restyle their bikes every couple of years like the Japanese factories used to do. That in my cynical opinion is just down to wanting to make stuff "old" so that all the trendy folk go and buy the latest up to date thing. With one aim, to make more money.

I don't play that game, I buy something because I like it. I still have a 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R which I've owned for 10 years. I don't care if it's old, I love it and see no reason to replace just because it's out of date. Likewise I will be hanging on to my 2006 Daytona because I love it.

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-12, 04:11   #22
louie3

Quote:
Two more HP and two more ft/lb is easily achievable with the arrow exhaust. So yes, for $1,800 more than a '12, add a Yoyodyne and Aftermarket exhaust and what have you really gained? Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Now imagine what a full system would do on the new bike. I don't know where you can get a full arrow and a new yoyodyne slipper for a total of less than $1800.
I get what you are saying, but what did you want? We have pretty much had the same 675 since 2006.

Id say their price point is pretty good if you think about the research and development that went into the new motor.
And who know what its capable of until we get some full systems and tuners getting their hands on it.

Overall id say it looks promising. I'm coming around on the looks, it obviously doesn't have the same beauty as the past 675s, but now ours will be that much more unique. I would like to ride the new one to see what the difference in feel it has, and what the motor is like.

And like Ruby, I won't sell my 07, but I'm not objecting to new development.

"Life is all about maximizing experiences and minimizing regrets, and the last thing you want is to regret the experiences you didn't have." -MadMel

Old 11-14-12, 06:09   #23
NakedSaturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
On a side note, are those new production Pirellis, or just for show?

Nuno!
Those appear to have the same tread design as the Pirellis on the Panigale, so the possibility that they are new production rubber is very likely.

Old 11-14-12, 06:16   #24
serjunior

I like it but the side exhaust is booty.

Old 11-14-12, 06:28   #25
autonomy

to be honest i'm not one to pay brand new prices, so the latest & greatest model aint for my wallet anyway.. but i really think its a step back in terms of aesthetics. like others have said, a follow the cheap looking jap supersports move, not a 'go your own way' move..

that said, the engine improvements do sound interesting, but will need to wait and see if they translate to real world improvements over the 06-12..

if the engine turns out to be all that, chances of modifying the new bike to use the old subframe and full underseat system, along with the old front fairing/headlights?

by contrast though, the new look does suit the 2013 street triple.

Old 11-14-12, 07:58   #26
TonyNyc

Quote:
I've had abs on my street bikes since 1992 with my BMW k75s. On the street it is invaluable. On the track, if you think ABS will keep you up when you hit that oil slick on heavy trail braking into the turn, I will happily meet you at your track, put some oil down and let you prove your thesis. If your right you make $500. If your wrong, your bike will need some serious repair.

Are you still confident about the oil on the track comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Why so aggro? I see you are in NYC and your avatar shows you track riding. I assume at NJMP. What times are you running, sub 1:30 at Tbolt? Sub 1:10 at Lightning?

Old 11-14-12, 09:38   #27
Papachristou

the engine, slipper and abs are all nice improvements along with built in sliders but the styling is very jap-ish. I dont have the need for more power though and i really love the undertail exhaust. so sexy. Im happy i sprung for the last body style instead of waiting a year for this fugly thing.

i just read the specs..... +2 hp, +2 tq (less bottom end tq), not a true slipper clutch, abs and $14,500!!!!!!!!!! no thank you!
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Last edited by Papachristou; 11-14-12 at 09:47.

Old 11-14-12, 11:23   #28
wvstr

If I was in the market for a new supersport, I would consider it along with the new bikes from the other manufactures, I like my Triumphs but I would still buy something else if I thought it suited me. Most of the new design elements are done with racing in mind, the exhaust is better down low for racing and centralizing the mass, just as Mac stated the internal engine changes are aimed at supersport racing. Any of these new 600 class bikes are overkill on the street as far as performance goes, every time I ride a redesigned model of a bike, it's been better than the previous one, sometimes slightly and sometimes more. Triumph for its size compared to their competition, has done well in recent years with the model range they offer, and given the state of the world economy, competition is stiff in the new bike market for people's money,wait until it's ridden and tested to pass judgement.

Old 11-14-12, 11:29   #29
Papachristou

comparing the new daytona to the MV675, makes the choice pretty easy. The daytona had the price edge but now, i would go MV.
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Old 11-14-12, 11:49   #30
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

I actually like the red the projectors that will most likely be an easy aftermarket install, and since now it comes with frame sliders which is awesome, I may actually go test ride one, though if I was to buy another bike it would be a street.

I still am kind iffy on the tail, but from the angles minus straight from the side I dont mind it. Straight from the side the headlights look to bubbly or buldgy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement