2013 Daytona 675 Specs - - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports

News, Announcements, Tests and ride reports any and all 675 ride experiences and news

Old 11-13-12, 22:23   #11
DecepticonDon
BOTM Marshall

I wantz me summa dem wheelz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-12, 23:07   #12
macbayne

with the specs of the "R" version, i am dedicating my winter to making this thing my racebike for 2013. abs, ohlins front and rear, brembo calipers and master, SS lines, 7-8 extra whp over I4 600s and with awesome midrange, quickshifter... and for $1900 more than the price of a japanese bike that i gotta install all of those things on anyway- damn near unbeatable.

now to finance my dream...

and a slipper clutch!

Last edited by macbayne; 11-13-12 at 23:52. Reason: forgot about the new slipper clutch!

Old 11-13-12, 23:12   #13
Kaosu

Oh wtf... They switched from projectors to shitty reflector headlights. Fail.

Do like the wheels though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App

Old 11-14-12, 02:17   #14
Blinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiC View Post
More hp and torque, abs, slipper clutch, lower center of gravity- sounds pretty good to me. I like the lowboy too as my 2007 makes some pretty nasty heat beneath my seat. I like the new fairings tho I hope the tail gets revised- why not have the signals integrated? And I like the look of the old subframe better. But overall I can dig it.
+1. Lots to like IMHO. Looks are subjective of course, but it looks good to me. I had been looking for much smaller changes, some tweaking around the edges, the obvious move to a low-mount pipe, etc. But it's really a ground-up new bike; frame, swingarm, motor, everything. I was most surprised to see how much the engine's changed; bigger bore, shorter stroke, dual injectors, much better overrev. With a broader spread of power plus the quickshifter and the 3-spring slip-assist clutch like the new 636, the engine should prove a much more cooperative tool. Plus the louder intake honk on the thing is likely to be addictive...

Only real fails in my eyes so far are two. One, that it didn't drop more weight; after seeing the big drops on the ST3/ST3R, I was hoping to see something like 395 wet or lower. 1st sub-400lb wet Supersport would have made a nice marketing hook as well. And no. two, the main fail, that they appear to have wasted the opportunity to finally put a reasonable amount of trail in the steering geometry. Even with new triple clamps, the've kept the offset about where it used to be judging from the published specs. Ducati listened to their customers and fixed the same issue on the 1199, which has similar mass-centralization features to the new Daytona (and then some). My Panigale doesn't turn in as quick as my Daytona, but it sure as heck feels better on its ear. Shame Triumph missed fixing that while they were doing everything else...

Old 11-14-12, 07:05   #15
Godly

Shit I want to buy one just for the fuel gauge

Old 11-14-12, 09:12   #16
jwalters202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly View Post
Shit I want to buy one just for the fuel gauge
Why you dont need one thats just extras! You have a trip odo thats all thats needed imho! im in between on this one i kinda like some aspects and not others but oh well i got mine that i love :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-14-12, 10:30   #17
MacaveliMC

If only it didn't look fackin' retarded. IMHO looks went down, and performance notched up a tiny bit. Not really interested.

Happy with my 1199S for now.

"I actually just have my throttle cable pulled so its
wide open even when i start the bike. balls to the
wall is how i live, screw stoplights and slow people."
- TwoWheeledWonder

Old 11-14-12, 11:11   #18
astat4

Damn it shoulda waited for the 13, I'm stuck with the 12

Old 11-14-12, 14:04   #19
4phantom9

Looks too much like a CBR1000. Not ugly, but not nearly as good as the original or the 09-12's. Really don't like the color combos the way they have them on the standard Daytona. They could have done better with the exhaust. I can live with the stock unit on my '10. I would be forced into the Arrow if I bought a '13.
The extra performance without going as crazy as MV did with the F3 on the bore/stroke ratio is always a plus. Switchable ABS - plus.
Definitely like the new wheels, but don't like the new subframe.
It's a mixed bag. Looks like the '10 is going to stay in the stable a while longer.

What I would like to see is a Sprint ST 800 using the Tiger motor with more umphh. Triumph seems to want to compete head to head with BMW lately, they could compete against the F800ST. Well as long as they don't let the same designer come up with the bodywork for it.

Old 11-14-12, 16:30   #20
Snowman1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaosu View Post
Oh wtf... They switched from projectors to shitty reflector headlights. Fail.
Reflectors are junk, but they are super easy to retrofit with some HID projectors from TRS. The halogen projectors are a pain to retro properly. I would've preferred the reflectors on my '09 because they would've already been changed. I cant risk ruining a headlight while trying to cut out the halogen projectors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement