2013 Daytona 675 Spy Photo - Page 13 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-13-12, 10:30   #121
MetalExplorer38

I was holding off on commenting until I saw more. I have to say, it's not terrible. Definitely not as good looking as past models, but for the first real redesign, it's a fairly good first step. The bike's proportions just seem off to me, though, so I'm really hoping it looks better in person. The silver bit on the front is kind of baffling, but something that would be easy to cover up, and while I hated the subframe in the spy shots, I can almost let it go on these official shots. I'm guessing we'll be seeing a restyling in a year or two, at which time hopefully they'll correct the little flaws.

I'm not totally sold and I'm certainly not going to be trading my '09 in for one, but I think Triumph is on the right track. I'll hold my final opinion, however, until I actually see one in person.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-12, 10:36   #122
WiK1d

I'll be waiting for a proper track showdown before passing judgement. Don't really like the looks to be honest, but I wonder what a race-rep would look like, hmmm. Still sounds awesome though, and that's all that matters :P

www.bertusras.com | @bertusras
'07 Derbi GPR125 2T | '07 Triumph Daytona

Old 11-13-12, 10:38   #123
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner

Meh. The mirrors don't match the rest of the bike at all. Luckily that's an easy fix. Other than the white and blue version, why do all of them have a grey subframe? Looks like ass on the R and Red versions. I guess it's fixable too, but not as easy as swapping mirrors. It fits the black bike, and I dig the blue subframe on the white/blue one. The silver bit around the headlights only works on the black version IMO.

I hope Truimph doesn't consider us as the target market for these bikes, since it seems like the majority of us don't care for the changes. Unless there are more here who do like it but are worried about getting flamed.

Trinity's Build Thread

Old 11-13-12, 10:50   #124
jdgun_13

looks like i am going to have to check this bike out!.. or the street triple anyways.

Old 11-13-12, 11:03   #125
Victor Ward

Its just not getting any better is it...
It'll look far better with a proper track set up except for that cheap plastic shizz in the lower side of the tank.

One nice thing about the 06+ was that the under tail OEM can didnt look horrible. The OEM low mont is pretty ugly but still not near as bad as the other OEM low mounts out there.
Why did you give our bike eyeliner?!

Old 11-13-12, 11:27   #126
R

i like the performance upgrades, but looks? it's a honda up front :/
Love my '11 even more now...

Old 11-13-12, 11:36   #127
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgun_13 View Post
looks like i am going to have to check this bike out!.. or the street triple anyways.
You've already got a couple track bikes - get a Striple for the real world. From what I've seen, it's not like it's going to slow you down much.

Old 11-13-12, 12:41   #128
Godly

http://spirit.triumphmotorcycles.com.../issue6/page4/

Old 11-13-12, 12:43   #129
matlok

Ok I guess I'm the oddball, because I really like it. Still a little iffy on the "eyeliner", but overall the sharper edges look great. If it's being released in Feb., I wonder how much later race bodywork will be available?

Old 11-13-12, 13:34   #130
shouldnthave
BOTY Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by matlok View Post
Ok I guess I'm the oddball, because I really like it. Still a little iffy on the "eyeliner", but overall the sharper edges look great. If it's being released in Feb., I wonder how much later race bodywork will be available?
Triumph Race Support has mentioned on several occasions that they are making the race body work right now for the 2013. Keep an eye out on here: http://www.ukracesupport.co.uk/Triumph.htm

This is the thread he talks about it: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=65032

My Girl: http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76881

Sponsored Links
Advertisement