Question for Florida riders... - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-12-12, 18:10   #1
Papachristou

Default Question for Florida riders...

I'm going down to new port Richey/Tampa area next week to see my grandfather. Anyway I'm going to put my bike in the back of the truck so I can have a little fun down there.

My question is that I have a fender eliminator and have moved the license plate under the exhaust (British customs). How are FL cops about this? I've been stopped several times here and no officer has ever mentioned it. One even stopped me and said he couldn't see it but he just wanted to see my wife's ass. He just looked and left lol. I didn't even get the chance to say I have my carry permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
6000k HIDs - LED Markers - TechSpec Snakeskins

GB Racing Stator Cover(slight scuff) $50-retail is $70!

price INCLUDES shipping, PM Me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-12, 19:15   #2
Dewilmoth

I bought my bike in FL and rode it there for a while before moving to Hawaii. I have the BC fender eliminator as well and never had an issue. Mine is lit though with those bolt lights. I doubt you'll have an issue, but who knows.

Old 11-12-12, 20:31   #3
e rock

It may vary from county to county but I doubt you'll have any issues. I see plenty of bikes with the same plate location.

Old 11-13-12, 07:28   #4
Kaosu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papachristou View Post
I'm going down to new port Richey/Tampa area next week to see my grandfather. Anyway I'm going to put my bike in the back of the truck so I can have a little fun down there.

My question is that I have a fender eliminator and have moved the license plate under the exhaust (British customs). How are FL cops about this? I've been stopped several times here and no officer has ever mentioned it. One even stopped me and said he couldn't see it but he just wanted to see my wife's ass. He just looked and left lol. I didn't even get the chance to say I have my carry permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm up in Jacksonville and have mine in the same location. No problems so far.

Just curious. I thought the BC FE didn't fit the R. I guess it still bolts but you just had to angle it back really far because of the battery box? I built a custom one to avoid that, but when I swapped to the Akra slip the pipe hangs lower and I had to angle it back anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App

Old 11-13-12, 09:22   #5
chefjeef

you'll be fine, if they pull you over it will be something else and then they might mention it but it isn't likely to be the reason for a stop

Old 11-13-12, 09:59   #6
Papachristou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaosu View Post
Just curious. I thought the BC FE didn't fit the R. I guess it still bolts but you just had to angle it back really far because of the battery box? I built a custom one to avoid that, but when I swapped to the Akra slip the pipe hangs lower and I had to angle it back anyway.
It fits my R the same way it fit my SE lol. The bikes arent any different besides suspension. Maybe it is something with your exhaust?

the BC fender elim bolts to the passenger peg bolts. I forget which though. You just remove one of the peg bolts, put the FE in place and put the bolts back in.

Old 11-14-12, 16:40   #7
Hammie

My plate is on the bracket way under the tail. Its not super easy to see, but I've never been bothered. If you're looking for some people to ride with check out Tampasportbikes.com, a couple of us here are on there as well.

Old 11-14-12, 20:57   #8
NakedSaturday

That is the exact area I live and you won't have any problems unless you get stopped for something else and the cop is pissed or a dick.

Old 11-14-12, 23:20   #9
obetums

..i havent been stopped for that specifically..but cops have mentioned it after i had been stopped..never ticketted for it..but.. just sayin..

good luck and have fun!

Old 11-15-12, 10:52   #10
Papachristou

great thanks everyone. I have arkansas plates on my car/bike and it's amazing how violent people get on the road towards me. i swear it's the plates.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement