HOW TO: Throttle Adjustment - Page 6 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Maintenance and repair > How To's

Old 09-09-12, 15:44   #51
barnabaas

just put my 1050 throttle tube on and had to adjust the cable so it'd snap back. this helped a lot. thanks!

not sure if i fully understand the whole 2-3mm of play thing but it feels like it's got a tiny tiny bit of play before the engine revs so I assume i'm in the ballpark.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-12, 23:25   #52
chicknfeed

Did this the other day to my 09 street triple. worked great but now my bike bogs down at the 8k rev mark. By bog down i mean the revs dont really kick in after 8k no matter how much throttle i give it. Any pointers on where i went wrong?

Old 09-11-12, 01:08   #53
phiglit

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabaas View Post
just put my 1050 throttle tube on and had to adjust the cable so it'd snap back. this helped a lot. thanks!

not sure if i fully understand the whole 2-3mm of play thing but it feels like it's got a tiny tiny bit of play before the engine revs so I assume i'm in the ballpark.
The main thing to keep an eye on is if turning the bars opens the throttle at all. If not, good to go.

Old 11-12-12, 13:57   #54
Dewilmoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQ View Post
So this was my post back in July of last year. My bike was back in at the dealers last week with the usual Exhaust Valve problems. Whilst chatting with the technician on completion he mentioned once again that he had adjusted my throttle cable. When I took the bike in there was probably about 3mm of free play before feeling tension in the cable, another way to look at it is when closing the throttle you here the 'stop' being hit then still have a good few mm of rotation before stopping.

I felt the throttle now and it felt like there was about 15mm of free play before anything, completely crap imo. So I asked why? He said that where I had it he was still measuring a voltage output from the throttle, this meant the the bike was never getting to a zero throttle state and the fuel management system was not operation correctly. He had now adjusted it correctly? This just doesnt make sense to me, when I adjust the throttle back to how I like it with 2-3 mm of free play the bike idles perfectly.

Anyone else ever heard this crap?

This is interesting because I just adjusted the slack out of my throttle and noticed that I could hear a switch click before I adjusted it. After adjusting it, no more slight click sound at the beginning of throttle opening. I think there is a switch in the throttle that lets the ECU know that it's in the idle position. Now I'm just wondering what the side effects would be of that switch always being opened. Lots of people adjust their throttle tighter, and haven't heard of any ill effects.

Old 11-12-12, 22:17   #55
Dewilmoth

Well I put 50 miles on the bike today in the twisties and no issues with the idle switch not being closed. Bike ran like a top and the throttle response is much more predictable.

Old 03-09-13, 02:00   #56
AWeb80

I think mine needs adjusted. It's hard to find the sweet spot of the throttle and it's either on or off. Very annoying.

'09 Daytona 675 - 7,900 miles
'94 GP SE - 136k miles

'03 Maxima SE 3.5 6-speed - 84k miles
'94 Civic EX - 230k miles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement