What did you do to your Street Triple today? - Page 283 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
New Posts Faq / Help? XBOX Live Modifications Classifieds
   
Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-12, 08:35   #2821
woz
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: dublin, ireland
Posts: 210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypicalone View Post
Maybe send Darren an email using the contact page and ask him when they'll be available? Well worth the wait.

Sent from my HTC One S using Motorcycle.com Free App
I second this - their website isnt fantastic, but the quality of their work is seriously impressive, and well worth the wait. Certainly worth firing them an email, and seeing if they can sort you out
__________________

Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-12, 10:24   #2822
Zen
Member
 
Zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 224
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ky View Post
Sheared the shifter shaft off right at the circlip whilst shifting up into third gear today.

No reason I could see for this, especially as I have a triumph quickshifter fitted and just tapped the shift lever upwards as usual.

Had to ride the bike home stuck in third...

Examined the break and it was a pretty clean snap-off, no jagged edges, no evidence of prior damage.

A half inch steel shaft snapping like a carrot??!!! Very strange...

All I can think of is that the shaft must have been defective from the factory.

The bike is out of warranty, but I think that Triumph should still warranty the work and parts. After all, how many shifter shafts have you ever heard of just snapping off?

However, chances are they won't warranty it, unfortunately.

Anyone got a spare shifter shaft for a 2010 lying around?




S.
You lookin for this?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1352733724.965959.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	33991



Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 10:52   #2823
Orangeman
BOTM Winner
 
Orangeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S FL / USA
Posts: 780
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00ky View Post
Sheared the shifter shaft off right at the circlip whilst shifting up into third gear today.

No reason I could see for this, especially as I have a triumph quickshifter fitted and just tapped the shift lever upwards as usual.

Had to ride the bike home stuck in third...

Examined the break and it was a pretty clean snap-off, no jagged edges, no evidence of prior damage.

A half inch steel shaft snapping like a carrot??!!! Very strange...

All I can think of is that the shaft must have been defective from the factory.



S.
I am aggressive with the shifter and also have the quickshifter fitted. I saw the long exposed end of the shifter shaft and the recess for the circlip as a built in weak point or at least a good lever to wear out the bearing/seal in the case so fitted the Sato Racing shifter shaft support the moment they offered it for the 675. Now I know it was good insurance.



(The stock sprocket cover still fits over it and you can barely see it)

As a side effect it tightened up the shifter action without making it any firmer/harder.

.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OM '10 ST3R 009.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	33992  
__________________
..My Bike..
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 17:40   #2824
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner
 
Nastybutler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seward's Folly
Posts: 1,976
Thanks: 78
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyyy View Post
My turn signals with my fender eliminator don't seem to fit with my stock pipes. Anyone have a fender eliminator recommendation that works with undertail pipes the allow me to have rear signals? Or maybe anyone have a stock license plate bracket for cheap?
Go with an integrated tail light and ditch the seperate signals altogether.

__________________
2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
2014 Audi A5 - Scuba Blue

Trinity's Build Thread
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 17:52   #2825
Scottyyy
Member
 
Scottyyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 523
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Scottyyy
Default

I'm not a fan of turn signals integrated in the tail light. I believe it's a lot more difficult for people to notice if your turn signal is on or not. Not to mention, it won't legally pass safety inspection here in VA because the signals have to have 6" between the left and right turn signals.
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 18:23   #2826
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner
 
Nastybutler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seward's Folly
Posts: 1,976
Thanks: 78
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyyy View Post
I'm not a fan of turn signals integrated in the tail light. I believe it's a lot more difficult for people to notice if your turn signal is on or not. Not to mention, it won't legally pass safety inspection here in VA because the signals have to have 6" between the left and right turn signals.
I have to be careful here... Kind of like talking to a kid who still believes in Santa Clause... but there is no way anyone will not be able to tell my turn signal is on. You might make a case that they won't be able to tell which direction I'm turning, but at the distance where that would be the case, it wouldn't make a difference for any practical purpose. They'd still know I intend to turn, and as they get closer, they will then clearly see which direction.

As for the six inches between left and right, you can make a case (since the lights in the tail light themselves are over 6" I believe) that since the last LEDs to the left are six inches from the last LEDs on the right, you meet that requirement.

But I'm obviously not going to sway your beliefs and you're probably right about not risking running afoul of VA laws. You don't need that hassle. Guess you'll just have to find some smaller signals than what you've got now.
__________________
2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
2014 Audi A5 - Scuba Blue

Trinity's Build Thread
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 18:41   #2827
Firstimer1969
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

nice tail tidy..may I ask which model? Thnaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastybutler View Post
Go with an integrated tail light and ditch the seperate signals altogether.

__________________
2009 Street Triple R
2007 Buell Firebolt XBR12
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 19:06   #2828
Nastybutler
BOTM Winner
 
Nastybutler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seward's Folly
Posts: 1,976
Thanks: 78
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstimer1969 View Post
nice tail tidy..may I ask which model? Thnaks
Competition Werkes, painted black.
__________________
2012 Street Triple (Trinity) - Phantom Black
2014 Audi A5 - Scuba Blue

Trinity's Build Thread
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 19:37   #2829
Orangeman
BOTM Winner
 
Orangeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S FL / USA
Posts: 780
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastybutler View Post
I have to be careful here... Kind of like talking to a kid who still believes in Santa Clause... but there is no way anyone will not be able to tell my turn signal is on. You might make a case that they won't be able to tell which direction I'm turning, but at the distance where that would be the case, it wouldn't make a difference for any practical purpose. They'd still know I intend to turn, and as they get closer, they will then clearly see which direction.

As for the six inches between left and right, you can make a case (since the lights in the tail light themselves are over 6" I believe) that since the last LEDs to the left are six inches from the last LEDs on the right, you meet that requirement.

But I'm obviously not going to sway your beliefs and you're probably right about not risking running afoul of VA laws. You don't need that hassle. Guess you'll just have to find some smaller signals than what you've got now.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I find your opening statement condescending and bad form.

Fact is that the integrated tail light is only DOT legal as far as the brake light in concerned. The Turn signal function does not comply and there are many instances of states that have vehicle inspections for bikes rejecting them. In a state like VA that has tough inspection laws its best not to risk it. Better to not have signals at all because they are not required then to have signals installed that don't comply because if they are there, they must meet inspection requirements.

Virginia Motorcycle Safety Inspection
Rules and Regulations


19VAC30-70-360. Motorcycle lights: headlamp, rear, signal, warning.

"Signal lamps installed on the rear of the motorcycle shall be red or amber and shall be located on each side of the vertical centerline of the motorcycle as far apart as practicable but not closer than nine inches, measured from the optical centerline of the lens, and shall be located on the same level and not less than 20 inches above the ground level. "

.
__________________
..My Bike..
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-12, 20:12   #2830
Sp00ky
Senior Member
 
Sp00ky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney...Australia
Posts: 868
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman View Post
I am aggressive with the shifter and also have the quickshifter fitted. I saw the long exposed end of the shifter shaft and the recess for the circlip as a built in weak point or at least a good lever to wear out the bearing/seal in the case so fitted the Sato Racing shifter shaft support the moment they offered it for the 675. Now I know it was good insurance.



(The stock sprocket cover still fits over it and you can barely see it)

As a side effect it tightened up the shifter action without making it any firmer/harder.

.

Oh yeah ... that is what i'm going to fit as soon as the shifter shaft is replaced.

Apparently the Sato Shift shaft support is a little hard to get though....

The shifter shaft is also unavailable here in AU, so it has to be ordered in from the UK... which means a long wait for it to arrive.

No riding until it's fixed...



S.
__________________
"Just because you're breathing, doesn't mean you're alive"
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump





Forum SEO by Zoints
Copyright 2009 TRIUMPH675.NET Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum