GoPro Hero3 - Page 5 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 10-18-12, 18:32   #41
aiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStriple View Post
Is that accurate? If you didn't care about the WiFi, wouldn't you be better off getting the Hero2 for $199 (I know it's slightly larger) instead of getting the Hero3 White at the same price, paying $299 for the Hero3 Silver?
I got that info from the GoPro site itself when reading the specs for each version. They specifically stated that each one films in the equivalent resolution to each of the older models.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-12, 00:03   #42
dlroto

I have 3 gopro's 1 hd2 and 2 hd's. I won't buy another one until the battery in time lapsed mode lasts a whole day. All they need to do is make it go into sleep mode in between pics. Just shy of 3 hours is a little to short to do nice time lapsed sequences.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Old 11-04-12, 16:30   #43
SeeNoEvo

I just spent the week at SEMA and got to talk with and handle a new Hero 3 and all I can say is wow it's soo damn small and light I had my Hero 1 with LCD backpack on and held the Hero 3 with touchscreen LCD backpack in other hand and its ridiculous how much lighter and smaller it is, I'm definitely going to buy a black because you get a free remote but if you already have a remote just buy Silver and on a plus side I have a $100 off coupon from them

Old 11-04-12, 17:30   #44
Hokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeNoEvo View Post
I just spent the week at SEMA and got to talk with and handle a new Hero 3 and all I can say is wow it's soo damn small and light I had my Hero 1 with LCD backpack on and held the Hero 3 with touchscreen LCD backpack in other hand and its ridiculous how much lighter and smaller it is, I'm definitely going to buy a black because you get a free remote but if you already have a remote just buy Silver and on a plus side I have a $100 off coupon from them
The silver doesn't have all the features of the black model. The silver is basically a HD2, but smaller. The black adds all the new modes (like 60fps in 1080p, and 120fps in 720p).

That being said, my HD3 Silver should be arriving on Wednesday, and I'll have all of next week testing it out while diving in Grand Cayman. Already fabbed up some mounts.

Kind of hard to see, but there's a pvc pipe with holes drilled in it with a tripod mount on the end, and the second mount is 2 handles with a bar between. I need to pick up a second tripod mount to attach there.

Old 11-10-12, 19:21   #45
SeoulMan

Picked up a Hero 3 black edition earlier this week. My friend and I went out for a ride earlier today and shot some videos. This is my first GoPro so I can't compare it to the previous versions but the video quality is pretty stunning at 1080p and 60 fps.

We had a slight hiccup trying to view it, probably just user error, I transferred the videos to a usb flash drive and attempted to play it through my 360 on my tv. The sound however wasn't synced with the video correctly, the sound played like normal however the video was choppy. We ended up just watching the clips on my HD monitor. Anyone have an explanation for the problem running it off a flash drive?

Old 11-11-12, 22:38   #46
Hokie

Sure you have the black edition? It doesn't ship from GoPro until the very end of the month.

Old 11-11-12, 23:12   #47
WiK1d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeoulMan View Post
Anyone have an explanation for the problem running it off a flash drive?
Flash drive is probably not fast enough to handle the high bitrate of 1080p60

www.bertusras.com | @bertusras
'07 Derbi GPR125 2T | '07 Triumph Daytona

Old 11-12-12, 00:26   #48
Aeroquiv

Thanks for the link OKSriple!
Anyone ever try mounting the Gopro on the chinbar?

Old 11-12-12, 07:10   #49
SeoulMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
Sure you have the black edition? It doesn't ship from GoPro until the very end of the month.

Yeah, I have the black edition. I think the release date for the black was in October but from what I've heard talking with GoPro and other stores is that GoPro simply hasn't been able to get the Black editions to retail stores.

Old 11-12-12, 07:14   #50
SeoulMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiK1d View Post
Flash drive is probably not fast enough to handle the high bitrate of 1080p60
I thought that might be the problem too I'll just have to pick up a micro HDMI cable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement