1st Track Day - Hooked! - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Track Days

Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

Old 10-30-12, 02:53   #11
Infini IV

Thanks guys for the tips! It still feels scary to hang off more, but I'll definitely work on that next time out (in 2 weeks lol). My left turns were much better than my right, especially with body positioning. Any tips to make right turns more comfy?

I didn't drag my knee much, as I felt like I couldn't really feel the rear tire as much when I kept my knee down... Is that normal?

I'd consider a track tire, but anything that lasts more than 2 track days?

Oh, and 675's rock!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-12, 02:57   #12
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Dragging knee does not mean much (yes its cool as ****), if you watch motogp when they do slow mo most those guys typically touch the ground and then bring their knee off the ground. Unless you are Stoner and just have the bike so far over that your whole body is dragging, and then that just makes you a badass.

For body positioning, have someone film you or go to a riding school, you will be able to see your mistakes and typically that helps people more than someone just telling you what to do.

Old 10-30-12, 08:00   #13
Hokie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini IV View Post
Thanks guys for the tips! It still feels scary to hang off more, but I'll definitely work on that next time out (in 2 weeks lol). My left turns were much better than my right, especially with body positioning. Any tips to make right turns more comfy?

I didn't drag my knee much, as I felt like I couldn't really feel the rear tire as much when I kept my knee down... Is that normal?

I'd consider a track tire, but anything that lasts more than 2 track days?

Oh, and 675's rock!
Say you're going into a left hand turn. Your right tit should be over the triumph logo on the left side of the tank. Aim to put your head where your mirrors go, or further out. Edge of your seat should be up your asscrack.

And my Diablo Rosso Corsa's have 2 days on them right now, with a ton of tread left. I'd imagine you could get 4 days out of them. I'm putting a third on them this Saturday. I'll try to remember to post back up after.

Old 10-30-12, 18:46   #14
vg13z
BOTM Pimp Daddy!

Send a message via AIM to vg13z

Quote:
Originally Posted by R View Post
First track day and getting your knee down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroking339 View Post
Seriously
I also just did my first track day ever, at Streets of Willow.

I was scraping knee all day.

I've been riding for 7 years with plenty of Twist of the Wrist research in between.

Old 10-31-12, 00:13   #15
Smoke

Dem supermoto pussies usually drag nothing but their feet...

See ?

If you find wearing proper gear's too hot, you're just not fast enough !

Dual Desert Eagle EBB ? MER IL ET FOU !
Viendez nolifer avec nous sur le salon #Airsoft sur IRC !
Et jouer avec Ploubalairsoft entre le 22 et le 35

Old 10-31-12, 00:42   #16
Nyuscdjs

Look great out there but I agree with others, separate your body from the bike...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1351658564.435441.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	33780

Old 11-07-12, 12:38   #17
willie32

I wasn't to try doing a track day so bad. Just haven't done it yet... Looks around though

Old 11-11-12, 23:03   #18
FUNGUS

Nice pic. Which club did you run ACS with? Fast track seems to be the only one of the ACS runners that offers a rider clinic. I'd take up on it if you want to learn more about track body positioning. It helped me a lot. I'm on the same boat in that I'm more comfortable with the left turns than I am with rights, which makes ACS tricky for me since the more challenging corners on this course are both right-handers: the hairpin coming into the bridge and 90 right after the bridge.

Old 11-12-12, 00:20   #19
lokodog

I used to feel that way, but one visit to Chuckwalla (clockwise) and the right turn feeling goes away. I think it's just the track. Turning right at Autoclub feels weird to me too. I'm rockin Q2's there and am up to rear pack (like last in the group! lol) of the advanced group and they still feel good to me. They wear faster than my wallet can handle though. I'm switching to Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pro's (without warmers) since I hear they wear like iron.

2007 Graphite 675 (stock)

Times
Fontana: 1:47.467 (Dunlop Q2)
Chuckwalla CCW: 2:13.3 (Pirelli Superbike Pro)
Buttonwillow 2:11.81 (Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SC2)

Old 11-12-12, 20:20   #20
rddmm2

+1 on the pirelli diablos - when they heat up you can really feel them stick.
I remember when I first dragged a knee - it surprised me so much I immediately lifted my knee back up - makes me laugh - i did that a few times before I got comfortable getting a knee down - eventually felt natural but took a while.
That's an amazing pic for your first track day. No wonder you're hooked.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement