TuneECU - Maps Thread - Install - FAQ - Page 38 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > All Things Tuning

Old 11-02-12, 15:02   #371
dontona675

Default wtf

wwtf i cant get the computer to recognize my cable. i have tryed downloading the program from tuneecu but i cant get the cable to work. everything elseworks fine but how in the bloody hell do i get the cable to work???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-12, 16:08   #372
maddhatter777

It sounds like the computer isn’t programmed to recognize new hardware automatically? Assuming windows OS, control panel Hardware & Sound Add a device
Try that.

Old 11-02-12, 16:35   #373
dontona675

Default ^

found some info on triumphrat forums .it turns out the cable i bought doesnt have a ftdi chip it has some other crap china shit, so i have to order a different cable.

heres the link that helped me maybee it can save someone else the 3 hrs i lost .

http://www.triumphrat.net/2155147-post685.html

Old 11-07-12, 16:04   #374
PikeyJ

Hi All,
Im pretty sure I've got this sorted but wanted to double check.

I have a 08 Daytona VIN: 37####
I am installing a comp werkes dual slip on, and BMC air filter.
I always run 98 octane fuel (in Australia)
The Map I'm looking at is the 20420.

That look right to you guys? If not anyone have a custom tune that fits better?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-10-12, 18:57   #375
PikeyJ

Hey guys looking for some help here,
I have Saved original map and uploaded the new map - all good.

Trying to do Reset Adaptation
Have the bike hooked up to my car battery, voltage is not dropping below 13v but it keeps disconnecting as I start the bike.
The light in bottom right corner goes red and then a pop up saying 'ECU is not responding: check cable connection. Turn ignition off and on.'
Obviously I tried doing this several times, but no success yet.

Any help appreciated!!??

Old 11-10-12, 21:26   #376
dontona675

Talking tune ecu

just an update for anyone who would care,

i purchased the correct fdti cable this time and it worked as it should and i was able to get the tune ecu to work with no other problems.

i uploaded tune 20281 , i also lowered the intake flapper to 900rpm and i disabled the exup as well as lowered the quickshifter to 100ms from 150ms.

the only performance mods i have on my bike is a scorpion titanium exhaust and with the above tune uploaded to my bike i must say it feels amazing.
the throttle response is lightning fast and the power is so smooth and linear and i def feel more hp above 9000 rpm and the tq seems to be a little more in the midrange as well. the bike is noticably louder with the exup disabled but all in all i am amazed at the improvment and very happy with the results.

again my bike is a 09 with only a slip on and a triumph factory quicjkshifter and maop 20281 was def an improvment over stock i am very happy with this tune .

thanks to anyone who helped in answering my questions and thanks to the op and anyone who added info to this thread thanks guys!

Old 11-11-12, 17:51   #377
jimmytb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikeyJ View Post
Hey guys looking for some help here,
I have Saved original map and uploaded the new map - all good.

Trying to do Reset Adaptation
Have the bike hooked up to my car battery, voltage is not dropping below 13v but it keeps disconnecting as I start the bike.
The light in bottom right corner goes red and then a pop up saying 'ECU is not responding: check cable connection. Turn ignition off and on.'
Obviously I tried doing this several times, but no success yet.

Any help appreciated!!??

Tuneecu will disconnect when you start the bike but it will reconnect and you can watch for the yellow box to go green after ~10 minutes so you know its finished

Old 11-14-12, 07:13   #378
sirhosis of deliver

Hey guys,

I have decided I would like to take a shot at this. I have never used any kind of tuning software in my life, and am not as computer literate as a lot of you probably are, so please excuse me if I ask a question that may appear to be a dumb one?

I have currently done the following:

Read the first 12 pages of this thread which refers to old tunes and old versions of TuneECU. A lot of it was useful but some of it may not neccesarily be up to date in regards to tune numbers,etc. I also skimmed the last 3 or 4 to see if I could find more current info and answers to one of my questions.

Down loaded the latest version of TuneECU, version 2.3.6.

Ordered a cable that should be suitable.

Downloaded the tune that I want to run for my 09 Daytona (20596)

Opened the tune up in TuneECU and adjusted the intake flap to 950RPM ( I just want it opened all the time at this point). I will also go back into it and lower the fan start temp as I live in a pretty warm part of the world so figure it can't hurt)

Now for the dumb questions:

When I get around to removing the intak eairflapper thing it s just a matter of removing tick in the intake flap box on the LHS, right?

Do I have to upload a driver with this lates version or not? I am running this on 2 month old laptop with Windows 7 ( or is it Vista?) Just wanted clarification on this.

I cant see where you reset the TPS. When I go into the ECU tab on TuneECU the closest thing I can see is "Reset Adaptation". Is this the same thing?

That is all the dumbness for now, but I am sure I will have other questions when everything arrives and I am ready to start. Cant wait for my cable to arrive in the mail!

Old 11-14-12, 07:26   #379
Kaosu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhosis of deliver View Post
Now for the dumb questions:

When I get around to removing the intak eairflapper thing it s just a matter of removing tick in the intake flap box on the LHS, right?
Yes

Quote:
Do I have to upload a driver with this lates version or not? I am running this on 2 month old laptop with Windows 7 ( or is it Vista?) Just wanted clarification on this.
Yes. The instructions in this forum say to use the driver that came with the cable. However, for me this locked up TuneECU as soon as I plugged the cable in (not even connected to the bike). I pulled the driver from the chip maker's website, which is part of the instructions on TuneECU's site, and it worked fine.

Quote:
I cant see where you reset the TPS. When I go into the ECU tab on TuneECU the closest thing I can see is "Reset Adaptation". Is this the same thing?
Yes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App

Old 11-14-12, 08:31   #380
sirhosis of deliver

Thanks.

So for the drivers, if I just follow the link on this page for the 2XXX CDM driver and download the correct one for my operating system it should all be sweet?

http://tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/install1.html

Assuming thats the case, once installed as per the above link, do I need to actually do anything to initiate that driver when trying to use TuneECU, or is it just a matter of plugging in the lead and opening up TuneECU, and the program/s will recognize what I am trying to initiate and do the rest in regards to bike-computer communication, or do I actually need to prompt the driver somehow to do its thing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement