To 675R or Not?! Maybe 2006-2007 and mod up to 675R? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-11-12, 02:49   #1
f16falcon

Default To 675R or Not?! Maybe 2006-2007 and mod up to 675R?

When buying my last car I was obsessed with Navigation package. Got me NAV but it SUCKED and would have been better off not getting it and putting one in myself.

I'm obsessed with the 675R, but I LOVE the prices of older 675 bikes and I think they will handle VERY similar to a new 2011/2012. I don't think Triumph has done much major to these bikes over the years. Mostly color schemes. I think the biggest advantages of these bikes are:

-Narrow/Light 3 cylinder bikes
-Great steel braided brakes
-Nice torque down low
-Nice sound

Is there such a thing as a Daytona 675 that does not do these things? If we could make the 2007 look exactly like a 2012, would a 2012 rider know the difference from riding it alone?

Thinking of getting a 2009 like:
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...-675-106680164

Putting some high end suspension on it and call it a day. Will that basically be a 675R for $2000 less but with some miles on it and no warranty?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-12, 03:10   #2
f16falcon

Default wow...hard to find bikes

selection suck. :(

Old 11-11-12, 11:05   #3
DecepticonDon
BOTM Marshall

a reason to get the 675R over a regular 675 would be the trick suspension bits. And the newer bikes have a few more HP than the '06-'08 models.
Honestly, most riders would not/barely notice the difference by riding performance alone(myself included)
then there's this....
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/show...highlight=675r

And someone has done an "R" clone, except for the suspension

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/show...highlight=2010

Old 11-11-12, 11:16   #4
NakedSaturday

Either way you will get an amazing bike, just make sure if you get an early model Daytona that you take care of the r/r if it hasn't already been addressed by whomever you purchase it from. As for myself I wanted an older Caspian blue but settled for an R, and I don't regret it.

Old 11-11-12, 13:50   #5
f16falcon

My point however is that with HALF the $4000 or so you save on older model, you can match or surpass the 675R, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecepticonDon View Post
a reason to get the 675R over a regular 675 would be the trick suspension bits. And the newer bikes have a few more HP than the '06-'08 models.
Honestly, most riders would not/barely notice the difference by riding performance alone(myself included)
then there's this....
http://www.triumph675.net/forum/show...highlight=675r

And someone has done an "R" clone, except for the suspension

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/show...highlight=2010

Last edited by f16falcon; 11-11-12 at 13:56.

Old 11-12-12, 03:53   #6
Ruby Racing
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by f16falcon View Post
My point however is that with HALF the $4000 or so you save on older model, you can match or surpass the 675R, right?
I would go down that route. Oh wait, I did!

I bought a 2006 model with 800 miles on it (yes only 800!) for 3,800. Had the forks resprung and revalved and fitted a Nitron racing shock, race bodywork and crash protection. She's now my track bike.

The difference in power is minimal between the models and you'd probably get a cheaper performance advantage losing some personal bodyweight.

Oh and read my thread that DecepticonDon has linked to, the first one, it makes interesting reading although from the comments I received I don't think a few people thought it was valid. Whatever, it's food for thought.

And as NakedSaturday points out, make sure it's had the R/R recall and also the fuel pump relay fitted which was a service item.

To read about the transformation click > Project Trixie Transformation

For comparison photo of old R/R with new improved R/R under recall of 2012 click > R/R Comparison Photos

Old 11-12-12, 17:33   #7
f16falcon

Nice! Thanks!

Whats the BEST aggressive canyon carving suspension setup to get? On my last bike I got Traxxion Dynamixcs and Ohlins rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Racing View Post
I would go down that route. Oh wait, I did!

I bought a 2006 model with 800 miles on it (yes only 800!) for 3,800. Had the forks resprung and revalved and fitted a Nitron racing shock, race bodywork and crash protection. She's now my track bike.

The difference in power is minimal between the models and you'd probably get a cheaper performance advantage losing some personal bodyweight.

Oh and read my thread that DecepticonDon has linked to, the first one, it makes interesting reading although from the comments I received I don't think a few people thought it was valid. Whatever, it's food for thought.

And as NakedSaturday points out, make sure it's had the R/R recall and also the fuel pump relay fitted which was a service item.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement