Good bye- ny.....hello ca!! - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Off Topic > Stuff of interest

Stuff of interest General Off-Topic topics - anything that's on your mind. Please read the rules before posting

Old 10-31-12, 12:52   #11
Chchadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by air_odie View Post
just to update I am not so even much as liking fort irwin or cali

cant wait to get back to FLA USA
Yeah man. Irwin is kind of the pits. You're pretty close to Vegas off the 15 though.
This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat. ~Hunter S. Thompson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-12, 20:25   #12
Graham M.

Hey guys, I'd hate to hijack this thread, but can someone from Cali fill me in as to all the good spots, and why? Im really looking for a change. As much as I love Calgary, being born here, and living here for 30 years makes me want to see and experience something different for a home. I was thinking of checking out some job offers down in Cali, but you guys remark that LA is awful. What are some of the good places to look for? And the other not-so-good places to avoid?

Thanks a ton. PM me if you'd like... I'd love to hear from everybody.

Old 11-06-12, 18:54   #13
barnabaas

hey! welcome to Cali buddy! Hollar if you ever head up this way

Old 11-07-12, 13:24   #14
Aviator
BOTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M. View Post
Hey guys, I'd hate to hijack this thread, but can someone from Cali fill me in as to all the good spots, and why? Im really looking for a change. As much as I love Calgary, being born here, and living here for 30 years makes me want to see and experience something different for a home. I was thinking of checking out some job offers down in Cali, but you guys remark that LA is awful. What are some of the good places to look for? And the other not-so-good places to avoid?

Thanks a ton. PM me if you'd like... I'd love to hear from everybody.

Bay Area/NORCAL is where it's at.

Old 11-07-12, 22:27   #15
chinoamigo

woo hoo socal! my family moved to socal from NY when i was pretty young, so i can never see myself living anywhere else!

Old 11-07-12, 23:01   #16
Luwin1026

Quote:
I was thinking of checking out some job offers down in Cali, but you guys remark that LA is awful.

Whoever said that doesn't know what they are talking about. Here in LA, we have beaches, mountains, culture, entertainment, arts, food, diversity, sports, etc. - whatever suits your lifestyle of your fancy. Year-round riding weather, sights to see galore. Great place to be.

Old 11-10-12, 14:46   #17
Graham M.

^ Yeah thats what I figured. I think I'll fly down there at some point, and spend a week down there to see for myself.
Sure looks like an awesome place just about anywhere you go.

Hows the girl situation down there? I cant ****ing stand girls here in Calgary, just gold-digging ho bags.... seriously.

Some of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen are from Cali.

Last edited by Graham M.; 11-10-12 at 14:56.

Old 11-10-12, 17:33   #18
apbt4life

If you want diversity then come down to south Florida ;)

Old 11-10-12, 18:53   #19
MadMel

Quote:
Hows the girl situation down there? I cant ****ing stand girls here in Calgary, just gold-digging ho bags.... seriously.

Some of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen are from Cali.
haha, so true, that was my observation as well. In general, I found that between when I got there (2000) and left (2008), it changed from a genuine, hardworking kind of place to a superficial "keeping up with the Joneses" culture.

On your trip, check out San Diego. I've spent a little time there, and think that it is a fantastic town. I was like you, spent my entire life in Canada. Getting out and living in a different place can only be a good thing. Not saying that there's anything wrong with hoser life (I love it), but broad horizons and different experiences help to make sure that you don't end up wondering if you've enjoyed life as much as possible.

Old 11-12-12, 00:16   #20
Graham M.

^ I agree 100%. At first I thought it was just me that came to that conclusion about Calgary girls, but no.... everybody noticed that as well.
Seriously, every guy thats in the game hates Calgary girls. Its great during Stampede, since we get girls from ALL over the world here, and its a ****ing PARTY. but after those 10 days, its very depressing.
I've honestly fallen in love with so many chicks I've met from Cali, that along with the lifestyle & weather out there, its just like... "why am I still here? seriously?"
Yeah San Diego is pretty high on my hit list of places to move to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement