recommended tuner in QLD? - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Regional forums > Australia and Asia-Pacific

Australia and Asia-Pacific AAP Regional forum; rides, get togethers, events

Old 11-09-12, 22:01   #1
sirhosis of deliver

Default recommended tuner in QLD?

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable triumph triple tuner in QLD.
I am considering a custom tune for my Daytona but want the tune done by someone who knows tuneecu and what the Daytona responds well to. In short I don't trust anyone local. They just don't have the runs on the board. They actually want me to buy a power commander which I see as totally unnecessary.
It doesn't matter if they are Brisbane or SE qld based. I am down there with the bike regularly.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-12, 04:37   #2
Kiz

I use Ozzy from Ozracing Mechanical & Engineering. I bought his old big-bore ZX-9 which was tuned with all the Bazaaz bits. I just had him tune my '12 Striple with the stock ECU. He tried to put in a K&N filter for me but said it ran too lean for his liking without an additional fuel controller so I left the stock filter in for now.

He's an absolute master with no bull. Full dyno setup and every electronic gizmo and gadget and diagnostic tool you'd need for every single make and model bike.

Oh and he also just had a D675 SE in his garage, used to own an immaculate Speed Triple... you'd be hard pressed finding someone better around here.

http://ozracing.biz/Dyno-Tuning.php

The only downside is the wait time to get a booking, give him a ring anyway to see.

Old 11-10-12, 05:22   #3
chinski

i just signed up to ask this exact question, looking for a street triple R once i sell my current bike & want to put on the arrow 3-1 exhaust & get it tuned to suit local in gold coast / brisbane area, so once i have the bike & exhaust fitted is it as simple as taking the bike there for a tune or does it need tuneECU or tuneboy hardware fitted to bike first like a Power Commander ?

sorry for thread hijack on first post too but similar topic i thought.

looking forward to ditching my heavy ass 2009 crossplane R1 & having some fun back on a naked wit the triple :)

cheers
chinski

Old 11-10-12, 07:02   #4
sirhosis of deliver

Welcome Chinski.

I came from the same bike as ( 09 R1) you and now have a Daytona. I wanted something lighter and I have it. I do miss that engine though!

From what I understand ( and my knowledge is very limited to compared to some here) you don't need a Power Commander with these bikes.

You can download TuneECU and download generic tunes or get the bike custom tuned, which is what I am wanting to achieve. Best thing to do now that you are a member is to check out the tuning section of this forum. There several different threads on TuneECU which will help you get your head around it all, where to download it, what tunes to download, etc.

Kizz. Thanks for the tip. I will get in touch with these guys and see what they think. I will be down there for several weeks over the christmas/New Year Period so depending on whether or notthey are opened over that time, if I book now I should get in no worries hopefully.

Last edited by sirhosis of deliver; 11-10-12 at 07:07.

Old 11-10-12, 07:40   #5
MadMel

Fred at Procycle Dyno in Slacks Creek. He did my bike, using TuneECU. He knew what he was doing with a Triumph.

Old 11-10-12, 08:14   #6
sirhosis of deliver

Thanks Mel.

I know you have a full system ( which is why I ended up with those oil filters) but what else have you had done. Any engine mods, to increase compression, timing changes, aftermarket air filter, etc? I would like to make some improvements to the bike and am looking for any tips.

Last edited by sirhosis of deliver; 11-10-12 at 08:20.

Old 11-10-12, 08:39   #7
MadMel

I only had the Akra full system and a MWR HE air filter (which are still the only things I've done for engine performance). Fred is an engine tuner, so he'd be a good guy to talk to about what you might be able to do with your bike beyond the basics.

Old 11-11-12, 01:37   #8
chinski

thanks for the welcome & replies

i plan on putting on a full system when i get a triple & will take it to one of the guys mentioned here

cheers

Old 11-12-12, 02:09   #9
Kiz

I'd also recommend doing an SAI delete to stop any metered air leaving or unmetered air entering the system during the tuning session.

Old 11-14-12, 05:29   #10
Gavin675-08

Oz racing and Steel Horse Performance at Yatala are two that come to mind. I have not used either but have heard good things about them from people that have had their sports bikes tuned there. Oz racing link is above so below is the one for Steel horse.

http://www.steelhp.com.au/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement