Buy a Battery Tender - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > General 675 discussion

General 675 discussion Anything related to the Triumph 675 model(s), and miscellaneous motorcycle talk.

Old 11-09-12, 16:58   #1
daleCarlsbad

Default Buy a Battery Tender

A bit of advice.

So .......... I have read so many posts on this board relating to dead batteries, electrical problems with no idea what the battery voltage is, etc. etc.

Invest in a simple $35 Tender, keep it plugged in and many of these problems will no longer be an issue. Your battery will certainly appreciate it.

I have 6-bikes in the garage and they are all on a Battery Tender....it's part of owning a modern motorcycle, just like chain lube, regular fluid & coolant changes, and a good stand.
KTM XC-W 250 2009
Honda CRF 230 2008
Husky TE-250 2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-12, 17:47   #2
Polystigma

If you buy a lithium-iron battery, you could probably get away without a tender. Have let it sit for 2-3 weeks before, and the voltage drop is insignificant.

Old 11-09-12, 18:21   #3
tooblekain

Send a message via AIM to tooblekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleCarlsbad View Post
A bit of advice.

So .......... I have read so many posts on this board relating to dead batteries, electrical problems with no idea what the battery voltage is, etc. etc.

Invest in a simple $35 Tender, keep it plugged in and many of these problems will no longer be an issue. Your battery will certainly appreciate it.

I have 6-bikes in the garage and they are all on a Battery Tender....it's part of owning a modern motorcycle, just like chain lube, regular fluid & coolant changes, and a good stand.
+1...very religious about this and my battery lasted as long as my D675. My Bonnie I bought back in 2008 is still on its original battery and on a tender also

What is The Clymb? Click on the link below and be prepared to be hooked:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tooblekain

Old 11-09-12, 19:22   #4
sirhosis of deliver

Since when has modern technology dictated that I need a tender to maintain reliability?

Of course on the other side of the coin, I bought a bike new in 2003 and sold it in 2009 with 75000 klm on it. Original battery. Never had a flat in 6 years.

You don't necessarily need a battery tender if you ride it regularly enough. How many of you have battery tenders hooked up to whatever you drive on a daily basis?

I suppose if you have a riding season due to the climate, only do track days or are only able to get out on your bike once a fortnight for a ride, then it may be a requirement.

Old 11-09-12, 19:25   #5
tooblekain

Send a message via AIM to tooblekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhosis of deliver View Post
Since when has modern technology dictated that I need a tender to maintain reliability?

Of course on the other side of the coin, I bought a bike new in 2003 and sold it in 2009 with 75000 klm on it. Original battery. Never had a flat in 6 years.

You don't necessarily need a battery tender if you ride it regularly enough. How many of you have battery tenders hooked up to whatever you drive on a daily basis?

I suppose if you have a riding season due to the climate, only do track days or are only able to get out on your bike once a fortnight for a ride, then it may be a requirement.
I actually have that with my car battery since I park it in the garage. Ive had the same battery in my car for over 10 years now.

Battery Tenders are like condoms

What is The Clymb? Click on the link below and be prepared to be hooked:
https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/tooblekain

Old 11-09-12, 19:35   #6
sirhosis of deliver

I don't let anyone else ride my toys and I have commited to them all, so I shouldn't need that level of protection.

Old 11-09-12, 19:37   #7
luciano136

My recent post about battery life was not related to the battery unfortunately :(. More than likely my stator went bad...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement