Lets talk about suits - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Track Days

Track Days Track days and other non-racing related track events

Old 11-01-12, 16:14   #11
vg13z
BOTM Pimp Daddy!

Send a message via AIM to vg13z

Spidi Wind Pro

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-12, 09:44   #12
FlyinBrian24

Alpinestars tech 1r 2012, fit is almost perfect.a little tight in the chest off the bike.I never notice this on the bike.It survived 2 crashes this year. One lowside about 60mph and one tumble/cartwheel over the top of the air fence.
In both cases I rode the crash truck in instead of the shortbus w/lights. I would definately buy/recommend This suit again.the price isn't cheap,but niether is skin grafts ($1499.00 retail)

Old 11-08-12, 02:45   #13
pyroking339

Technic violator held up well in my off last season would have definitely been wearable still. Wasn't outstanding fit wise, but still pretty great.
Currently have an rs taichi suit. Don't remember the exact model, but it was under a grand. It fits great and broke in pretty quickly.

ATGATT Barney says suit up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352360704159.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	33938  

Old 11-08-12, 06:36   #14
TwoWheeledWonder
Noob Hazer

Alpinestar MX-1

Fits me pretty damn well, almost like it was made for my size.

Has plenty of protection in it. Leather seems good and while I have not tested it, I think it will protect me if need be.

Old 11-09-12, 20:02   #15
TonyNyc

Ran the Held Slade beginning of season. Great suit. Size 50. I am 5'8", 165lbs.
Held up well in a lowside, as I got into better shape during the season, chest was tight. The chest area is kangaroo, so did stretch much. The level 2 built in back protector is nice on, but a PITA when you unzip between season and let suit hang down. I eventually took it out and used my Forcefield traditional back protecter. Then....

I got my hands on the Alpinestars Tech Air Airbag suit, size 52, fit me more comfortably than Held...low sided in it twice. Airbags only went off on one of the crashes. 105mph tumbling lowside. Trashed Arai helmet, walked away unscathed. Put bike back together (dented tank badly) and rode the rest of day and next day.

A week later, a had another lowside, airbags didn't deploy as crash was not as fast and I didn't tumble. Bike faired worse, seared off Attack rearset peg and ripped out front brake line from resovoir. Not really a big deal, but couldn't ride rest of the day. I was totally fine and actually 'rode' bike back to paddock. A leg seam opened up on the suit.

In short I am going to get another Air Bag suit. Expensive, a little bit of pain as you have to make sure it's charged, but well worth the added protection and peace of mind.

TS

Old 11-09-12, 22:32   #16
Forcereal

How do those airbag suits work? One and done, recharge w a new bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
08 D675 CMRA Novice #756
98 M3- daily/auto-x
07 D-Max 2500- recovery vehicle, bike hauler

Old 11-09-12, 22:32   #17
ryno675

First suit I purchased was a 2009 model Teknic Xcelerator on discout at STG for 500 and some change. Had a lowside in it at about 50 mph. Suit held up very well, superficial rash along the leather and all the seams stayed together. Rode two seasons in it without any problems. The only cons are, me being on the larger side 6'2 225 muscular frame, its narrow in the shoulders, chest can be a little tight, and it rode a little high in the crotch. that suit got stolen from my garage earlier this year and a month or two ago i picked up a 2010 or 2011 Xcelerator on STG closeout for 700. havent riden it it yet to break it in but im confident in the protection it offers. i recommend teknic to anyone

Old 11-09-12, 23:07   #18
Bamboo671

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNyc View Post
Then....

I got my hands on the Alpinestars Tech Air Airbag suit, size 52, fit me more comfortably than Held...low sided in it twice.

What did you do with the Held? I always told myself if I ever got a one piece it would be the Slade.

Like the OP I came from a Frank Thomas XTi and currently have a Shift Vertex jacket with their Redline pants. Works great and the versatility of it is nice but really want to upgrade to a one piece. The issue I have is I'm 5'8" but with a bit more broader build so the slim European fit suits don't like too much. I had a Dainese sice 40 on once but without a back protector. I figure if I go any larger than that then it's too long on me in the arms and legs. Might have to go custom suit for me though!

Old 11-10-12, 12:10   #19
TonyNyc

The suit has two 'crashes' in it. The you have to send it to Italy and they recharge the system.

I still have the Held, hanging in garage. Going to send it Lizzy Leather to get cleaned, may sell it.

TS

Old 11-13-12, 11:48   #20
Wei

Default RS Taichi GP-WRX R303

RS Taichi GP-WRX R303

Pros:
Fits like a custom made suit (5'6", 135lbs.)
Excellent air flow.
No restricted movements.
Crashed 3 times on the same side, no tears.
Excellent quality product.

Cons: None.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement