Tiger 800 vs Tiger 1200 - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Polls

Polls 675/motorcycle polls

View Poll Results: 800 or 1200?
800 33 84.62%
1200 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-12, 04:37   #21
MacBandit

It depends on the type of mud. I love riding some kinds of mud with my CR250 and other light weight bikes. The heavier the bike the worse it gets and if its sticky you're screwed with any bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-12, 04:55   #22
phiglit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
It depends on the type of mud. I love riding some kinds of mud with my CR250 and other light weight bikes. The heavier the bike the worse it gets and if its sticky you're screwed with any bike.
True, although the mud i was involved with on the CR250 and the 430 usually had half a weekends worth of enduro riders through it already, and snuck up on you over a small crest. Then devoured your front tire, then snacked on your back tire for twenty minutes while you are up to your knees in muck wrestling with a flooded ...

Ya know, I'm just going to stop there.

Old 11-08-12, 11:07   #23
eastwind

The 800 is a blast to ride...we have 2 and have done all kinds of riding on them. Daily commutes, weekend trips, offroad, and week long fully loaded camping trips. It is not a daytona or a street triple in terms of power but it has plenty of get up and go. Realize what it is, what its' purpose is and what it can do that other bikes can't do. The ergos are fun and the bike handles amazing...after suspension upgrades it handles even better. The general misunderstanding is that since the power delivery is so linear that people feel it is under powered.

Certainly if you want more power go for the 1200 but the 800 is a whole lot of fun to toss around, take on the occassional trail or unmaintained road that pops up, or load up for the long haul. you can check out this thread for a whole lot more opinions on this...

http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,6915.0.html

Last edited by eastwind; 11-08-12 at 14:19.

Old 11-08-12, 12:11   #24
MacBandit

Haha. Yeah mud in a competitive event always sucks. I'm talking about trail riding. It's fun to throw some mud around when its just play time.

Old 11-09-12, 01:19   #25
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwind View Post
The 800 is a blast to ride...we have 2 and have done all kinds of riding on them. Daily commutes, weekend trips, offroad, and week long fully loaded camping trips. It is not a daytona or a street triple in terms of power but it has plenty of get up and go. Realize what it is, what its' purpose is and what it can do that other bikes can't do. The ergos are fun and the bike handles amazing...after suspension upgrades it handles even better. The general misunderstanding is that since the power delivery is so linear that people feel it is under powered.

Certainly if you want more power go for the 1200 but the 800 is a whole lot of fun to toss around, take on the occassional trail or unmaintained road that pops up, or load up for the long haul. you can check out this thread for a whole lot more opinions on this...

http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,6915.0.html

Cool thanks for the link!

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 11-09-12, 12:31   #26
eastwind

No problem...good site for the 800 with lots of info for you...seems to be similar in feel to the 675.net crowd (mostly UK based, but more and more people from the US are showing up as the 800 grows in popularity).

If you have any questions on the 800 shoot us an pm...Youngblood has 20,000 miles on his since December and I'm at about 9000 since June. We have done a fair amount of suspension work as well to make them even better...Traxxion cartridges in the forks and Penske shocks.

Old 11-13-12, 22:27   #27
Logans08Daytona675

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
having bought a tiger 800 in march last year thinking it would be a great ride boy was i mistaken it got sold earlier this year because 94hp and 210kilos of bike make for a slugish bike that only had at best avarage gas milage. i traded it in for a 2008 speed triple with arrows that returns better economy than the tiger ever did and puts a big smile on my face every time i ride it where as the tiger was just a bike all be it a triumph
What are you crazy? The bike has plenty of power and granted it's no supersport or your new Speed Triple but I was really impressed with the bike. My daytona 675 didn't start getting good MPG until the motor finally broke in.. You have put some miles on bike first before you start seeing better mpgs....

28,000 miles and counting

Old 11-16-12, 19:25   #28
Dave73

I shopped around and ended up with a tiger 1050. The introduction of the 800 helped drop the price of the 1050s. It has plenty of power and rides great.... with a few suspension tweaks it will be even better.

If your off road riding is going to be extreme, you don't want either.

Old 11-17-12, 04:08   #29
Rink675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave73 View Post
I shopped around and ended up with a tiger 1050. The introduction of the 800 helped drop the price of the 1050s. It has plenty of power and rides great.... with a few suspension tweaks it will be even better.

If your off road riding is going to be extreme, you don't want either.

Well that Icon movie with the Triumph bikes would be pretty cool to do but even if I could that wouldn't be something I would do on a regular basis. I would hope what I plan to do with it, the bike could handle it without too much drama other then regular cleaning/maintenance.

2007 Triumph 675 Race Bike

Old 11-20-12, 16:46   #30
Daytona Dreadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit View Post
+1

have a CR125 and it's too much fun

and clutching up won't be a problem, but probably wouldn't do that on a test ride

"Just because you're breathing, doesn't mean you're alive."

Spiral out..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement