Newbie from TN - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Introductions

Introductions New member? Take a few minutes and introduce yourself.

Old 11-07-12, 19:31   #1
Broxer

Default Newbie from TN

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking around on the forums for a while but I'd like to introduce myself. I'm 26 and I'm located in Chattanooga TN, on the outskirts. I purchased a '12 street triple in August and been enjoying it since.

When I was 20 I purchased a brand new '06 GSXR 600. In hindsight I wish I wouldn't have but hey, all my friends were doing it. I never really learned how to properly ride a sport bike but I enjoyed what riding I did. I was never one to push myself and often the guy everyone was waiting for at the end of a twisty road. 2 fellow riders, which I knew but wasn't close to, died while riding the next year. One passed out while riding due to a heart condition. Unfortunately he was traveling over 100mph when it happened. The other misjudged a corner and went wide into the other lane meeting a vehicle head on. Needless to say, I lost interest in riding. I sold the bike soon after.

I got the urge to ride again this past summer and started researching. After months of research and a few test rides I was offered a good deal on the last remaining street triple at my local dealer. I rode it home that day.

I've been researching proper riding techniques and I've learned quite a bit. I've learned to regain control when I freak out in a corner(survival reaction per twist of a wrist 2). But i'm still a newbie rider for sure.

I am fortunate enough to live a mere 1.5-2hrs away from an amazing road - U.S. 129 aka Tail of the Dragon. 318 corners in 11miles! Heres a few pics from my last trip up there about 2 weeks ago.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-12, 20:19   #2
noclue90

First thing- Welcome!
Second thing- I am glad to see that you are making a better approach to getting into the sport this time than last time. I also hope that you gear up. As you are newer you are more likely to go down. It isnt a matter of if it will happen, but more when regardless of your amount of experience.
Lastly- I dont like you for getting that color. That was suppose to be my color.

Old 11-07-12, 20:24   #3
Broxer

Thanks! Yea I plan on getting a proper set of leathers over the winter. I would have already but wife lost her job so things have been tight.

I initially planned on having it re-painted but the color has grown on me and I was shocked by all the compliments I got.

Old 11-07-12, 20:50   #4
noclue90

It is a beautiful color in person. The pictures never do it justice. If you get the belly pan, seat cowl and fly screen it is a beautiful (even more than original) bike. If you ever want to paint it, just sell to me.

Personal question so PM the answer if you want. What was your final price OTD? I am buying a Striple over winter and am always curious about what others are paying.

Old 11-08-12, 00:09   #5
Neanderthal

[quote=Broxer;886557]...I initially planned on having it re-painted ..quote]

Oh hell no - that color is great!

And welcome to our family. Other than some decent riding pants, looks like you are fine from what I can see, but buying new and/or better gear is always fun (and expensive). Be sure to watch our great forum sponsors for great deals.

Old 11-08-12, 00:35   #6
Chrisbell42

I just moved to the outskirts of Chattanooga, TN. I have a 12' daytona. I'll Definitely keep an eye put for you. Also 26 as well. I need to learn some of the good roads out here. It sucks that its starting to get cold out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-08-12, 02:28   #7
pyroking339

Welcome! Wow that's a pretty awesome place to live, as a rider.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement