Speeding and the Police - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Off Topic > LEO

LEO Law Enforcement Officers - Q & A

Old 11-08-12, 01:41   #11
pyroking339

Well if you find yourselves in MI, just know that they will chase you down... This is a friend. Haven't talked to him about it, but as a conservative guess, I wouldn't be surprised if he was going well over 120

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-12, 12:11   #12
ZWIKX

nice mustang !!!

'07 daytona
'07 FJ
'04 Audi A4
'97 wrangler
'92 mustang gt

Old 11-13-12, 21:50   #13
OKStriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroking339 View Post
Well if you find yourselves in MI, just know that they will chase you down... This is a friend. Haven't talked to him about it, but as a conservative guess, I wouldn't be surprised if he was going well over 120

My son got tagged for 132 in a 50 zone in his Civic Si (I checked - it would top out at 137) The cop that pulled him over was the drug dog cop and said if it was anyone else he wouldve spent the night in jail with the car impounded but he didn't normally do traffic stops at all and just gave him the ticket.
Now his insurance is jacked up and selling the car.

All I care about is my Street Triple and like, maybe 3 or 4 people

Last edited by OKStriple; 10-26-13 at 10:56.

Old 11-16-12, 12:55   #14
eldridge216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker2.0 View Post
i dunno in NC its only state highway patrol, and even that have a 100mph limit.

i have serious reason to doubt this here in NC. I personly have had to deal with this twice now. thanks to idiot friends #1 and #2

idiot friend #1 on his vfr800 ran the state troopers from rockingham co well into guilford. trooper said he maxed his charger at 148 on highway 29 with the VFR pulling away from him. so after they blocked highway 150 and cought him idiot friend #2 and i go to pick him up from jail ( lots of fines and no drivers linces). the vary next day not even 24 hours later idiot friend #2 has my daytona and passes a cop at 151 in a 45......like i said idiot, he got chased down, arrested, bike impounded, no license and jail.

So here in NC I have reason to believe that they will chase bikes no matter what, and now supposivly if you run and are cought they confiscate what ever it is that you are driving/riding including if the vehicle is towing something that is gone too.

pin to win

Old 10-26-13, 09:32   #15
Rellamini

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldridge216 View Post
i have serious reason to doubt this here in NC. I personly have had to deal with this twice now. thanks to idiot friends #1 and #2

idiot friend #1 on his vfr800 ran the state troopers from rockingham co well into guilford. trooper said he maxed his charger at 148 on highway 29 with the VFR pulling away from him. so after they blocked highway 150 and cought him idiot friend #2 and i go to pick him up from jail ( lots of fines and no drivers linces). the vary next day not even 24 hours later idiot friend #2 has my daytona and passes a cop at 151 in a 45......like i said idiot, he got chased down, arrested, bike impounded, no license and jail.

So here in NC I have reason to believe that they will chase bikes no matter what, and now supposivly if you run and are cought they confiscate what ever it is that you are driving/riding including if the vehicle is towing something that is gone too.

You guys need 1000cc bikes then you can get away

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 10-29-13, 12:55   #16
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldridge216 View Post

Sounds like you need new friends. I would not ride with someone that pulls that crap, they'll get you in trouble as well.

Old 10-29-13, 17:30   #17
Rellamini

All the cops can follow you but only gsp can bump you off the bike or troopers. If your boys are gonna do that they gonna need 1000cc or betta

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 10-29-13, 20:05   #18
firedude
BOTM Winner

If you have boys that run from the police, you need to get new friends.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firedude For This Useful Post:
Hokie (10-29-13), Razgriz81 (11-04-13), Rellamini (10-30-13)
Old 10-31-13, 15:33   #19
RacerXnh10

Send a message via AIM to RacerXnh10

This entire thread is full of stupid. What difference does it make if they have a no chase rule?

Second if you do run and get caught you are an idiot. If you haul past a cop at over 100 and stay on the same highway long enough for them to shut it down you deserve to get caught and have your punishment double for being extra stupid.

As a note I have never run from police and never intend to, but if I did I would be the **** off the road and out of sight as soon as I could be.

Old 11-04-13, 19:43   #20
Razgriz81

I agree with all the smart thinking people here. Why is it worth the risk plus possible jail time for a ticket? If you want to do that kind of speed save it for the track. Plus why would you want to always look behind you to see if you have a cop behind you all the time?

Other toys: 81 Camaro Z28 400 SBC 4 speed manual (converted from auto), 71 Blazer 454 BBC 4 speed manual (factory), 98 Camaro Z28 5.7L LS1 auto, 06 Arctic Cat M6, 96 Arctic Cat ZRT600

Sponsored Links
Advertisement