HOW TO: Dual HIDs (Sting) - Page 13 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > Modifications > Cosmetic Mods

Old 11-05-12, 15:45   #121
wfire19

Alright, so I'm in the beginning stages of doing a headlight mod myself and recently put a little twist on this mod. I know Sting went in a ground off the half block off plate in the low beam projector. I was ready to do the same but wanted to go to the 09 upper fairing lead me to ending up with 2 sets of headlights. My first order of business was comparing the stock beam patterns out of each head light:

Low beam looks like this

High beam like this

Seeing as the low beam has a wider pattern I didnt wanna losethe ability to see to the sides by going to a 2 high beam set up, but I didnt wanna lose the distance of the high beam by using 2 low beams.

So i came out with the idea to use the 2 wider focused low beam reflector housings

with the 2 lens from the high beam side

This allowed me to keep a wide beam plus a focused center for added distance

This is how the other 2 look with the high beam reflector housing and the low beam lens

will eventually be putting a dual H9 HID kit into the first set of new housings so they should be plently bright enough to light up the road at night to see and for people to see me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-12, 01:00   #122
BRKYLN675

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfire19 View Post
Alright, so I'm in the beginning stages of doing a headlight mod myself and recently put a little twist on this mod. I know Sting went in a ground off the half block off plate in the low beam projector. I was ready to do the same but wanted to go to the 09 upper fairing lead me to ending up with 2 sets of headlights. My first order of business was comparing the stock beam patterns out of each head light:

Low beam looks like this

High beam like this

Seeing as the low beam has a wider pattern I didnt wanna losethe ability to see to the sides by going to a 2 high beam set up, but I didnt wanna lose the distance of the high beam by using 2 low beams.

So i came out with the idea to use the 2 wider focused low beam reflector housings

with the 2 lens from the high beam side

This allowed me to keep a wide beam plus a focused center for added distance

This is how the other 2 look with the high beam reflector housing and the low beam lens

will eventually be putting a dual H9 HID kit into the first set of new housings so they should be plently bright enough to light up the road at night to see and for people to see me

i finished mines it came out nice. at least to me this is how the look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0042.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	33928this is on low beam

Name:	Image 2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	33929hi beam

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	33930hi beam

Old 12-15-12, 00:23   #123
L337Chen

sense this is about HID's i figured ill ask my question here instead of making a new thread... so i was looking to get 2 55w HID's and i like the color the 10000k makes which is sky blue (@ list i think... from what i see online) but i was reading and it said that the brightest light is the 4300k which is crystal white color. does any1 know if the 10000k is bright enough? because i will be canceling my highbeams. Im planing on buying my lights from here http://www.360biker.com/hid-projecto...-675/mt6d.html do you think this site looks like they sell good quality lights?

Old 12-15-12, 02:08   #124
wfire19

Quote:
Originally Posted by L337Chen View Post
sense this is about HID's i figured ill ask my question here instead of making a new thread... so i was looking to get 2 55w HID's and i like the color the 10000k makes which is sky blue (@ list i think... from what i see online) but i was reading and it said that the brightest light is the 4300k which is crystal white color. does any1 know if the 10000k is bright enough? because i will be canceling my highbeams. Im planing on buying my lights from here http://www.360biker.com/hid-projecto...-675/mt6d.html do you think this site looks like they sell good quality lights?
Hey man, I have the 55w 10000K HIDs in my car in the headlights and fog lights. being that they are 55w they actually wash out to the 8000K color of the 35w ishh... it makes them a little more white then they would be. to me they are plenty bright, they over power most other cars headlights on the road and highway. they are a shit ton brighter than my halogen high beams so i dont even drive with those anymore...

Old 12-15-12, 02:11   #125
L337Chen

so ur saying i should b fine with the 10000k hids and no high beams... btw do they really have a soft blue color like i see online?

Old 12-15-12, 20:18   #126
wfire19

Quote:
so ur saying i should b fine with the 10000k hids and no high beams... btw do they really have a soft blue color like i see online?
Yeah you should be fine with no High beams. they are more blue looking head on when your riding behind them there more soft white with a hint of blue, its there but subtle. Nice color IMO

Old 12-15-12, 20:32   #127
L337Chen

kk cool tnx! and about the site? does any1 know if they have good products? if i should buy my lights from them?

Old 12-15-12, 20:39   #128
wfire19

Quote:
kk cool tnx! and about the site? does any1 know if they have good products? if i should buy my lights from them?
With the site you sent that is for the entire projector kit...you would have to take your headlights apart and install those ones (not sure if thats what your looking for...) If you want just the bulbs I would suggest going with DDM Tuning for just the bulbs. I would say most people here would go with that, at least it seems.

Edit: those ones on that site do have a high/low function so you wouldn't have to give up your high beam if you didnt want

Another Edit: I find it stupid that they charge you an extra $10 for the 10K bulbs, which are the ones you want

Old 12-15-12, 20:48   #129
L337Chen

yea i want to do the whole headlight thing... i was looking at this http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58424
i want to put hids with the halos with the demon eye and the led strip and i know its stupid that they charge and extra $10 for the bulbs i want but the whole kit comes out pretty cheap overall with the $10 extra so i dont really mind...
p.s. do u know where i can find the little lights on the sides? i want to change the color of those lights as well.

Old 12-15-12, 20:56   #130
wfire19

Quote:
yea i want to do the whole headlight thing... i was looking at this http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58424
i want to put hids with the halos with the demon eye and the led strip and i know its stupid that they charge and extra $10 for the bulbs i want but the whole kit comes out pretty cheap overall with the $10 extra so i dont really mind...
p.s. do u know where i can find the little lights on the sides? i want to change the color of those lights as well.
Ok, yeah im in the middle of doing this, i went with the stock projectors. I just bought halos from superbrightleds.com same with the side mount led strips. Ik superbright also has the side bulbs, your looking for the 194 bulbs...

but that site your looking at is 10$ for the bulbs $25 for the halos and $25 for the led strips. I think i picked up all my leds for halos headlights and tail lights for just over 100$

Sponsored Links
Advertisement