MV Agusta Brutale 800 - Page 2 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
New Posts Faq / Help? XBOX Live Modifications Classifieds
   
Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-12, 15:52   #11
NakedSaturday
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa
Posts: 260
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

If the 800 brute does well, I can see Triumph entering into the market with their own Street Triple 800, only because they already have a 800 triple engine that probably would just need some more agressive cams and a bit more compression to give it comperable grunt to the brute.
__________________
12 675R
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-07-12, 17:35   #12
Allworld
Member
 
Allworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 531
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman View Post
Um..you guys do know its not a new bike right .....

Its just a B675 with a slight CC bump and an adjustable suspension....same bike otherwise......

.
That is true, however both bikes are new. I ride with a guy who has a 2013 F3, but the Brutale 675 (B3) is still not available. MV, did as Triumph did to create the 800 from their 675, but MV put it in a street fighter. Similarly Ducati created a Streetfighter with the 848 engine. I love my Street Triple, and not sure I want the 1050 Speed Triple, an 800 Street Triple R would be so nice (IMO)
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-12, 18:09   #13
Orangeman
BOTM Winner
 
Orangeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S FL / USA
Posts: 762
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

B675 delivery started the beginning of October everywhere but the US. New on the road yes but we have been seeing the design for well over a year now.

You can find the British forum here : http://www.brutale675.com/index.php

To my point, many comments where about its "looks", its looks are not new, it looks exactly like the 675 because it is the same bike.

The Triumph 800 is not just a bored out 675 like the MVA, it has a longer stroke and shares few parts. Its design is well done for a middle weight dual sport but when put up against the Triumph 675 nowhere near suited for a sporting bike. Putting it directly in the Street Triple would be a mistake.

.

.
__________________
..My Bike..
Status: Online
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 09:32   #14
Hostyle
Member
 
Hostyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Geldrop (Netherlands)
Posts: 339
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2k2013 View Post
What is it with Italians and fake motards?
Fake motards, or sporty nakeds, are the big sellers of the moment (only second to the adventure tourers). Logically every manufacturer wants a piece of the pie.

The Diesel Monsters is a special edition, not a new model per se. Believe me, it looks a hell of a lot better in the metal than on photo's. There are little touches all over that really set it apart from a normal 1100.

The MV's look good and I hope that MV will pull it off.
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 12:20   #15
vintagespeed
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rancho Cucamonger
Posts: 769
Thanks: 7
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman View Post
Um..you guys do know its not a new bike right ...
i dont get out much!
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 13:02   #16
Tex2k2013
Senior Member
 
Tex2k2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 842
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostyle View Post
Fake motards, or sporty nakeds, are the big sellers of the moment (only second to the adventure tourers). Logically every manufacturer wants a piece of the pie.

The Diesel Monsters is a special edition, not a new model per se. Believe me, it looks a hell of a lot better in the metal than on photo's. There are little touches all over that really set it apart from a normal 1100.

The MV's look good and I hope that MV will pull it off.
You misunderstand me, which is fair considering my statement is rather vague if it isn't taken as a reply to the photo posted directly above it.

By 'fake motard' I am referring specifically to the Ducati Hypermotard and the upcomeing MV Agusta Rivale, which seems to be the exact same type of bike. They are standards that are made to look cosmetically like a motard, yet they have none of the technical characteristics or abilities of a true motard.

A Monster is not anymore a 'fake motard' than a Street Triple, and the 'pie' you are referring to is the sport naked category, not the smaller 'motard-wannabe streetbike' category that really only has one bike in it at the moment, the Ducati, and may have another, the MV Agusta, in the future.
__________________
'10 Tornado Red Street Triple w/ plenty of goodies
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12, 15:57   #17
wvstr
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fairmont,WV
Posts: 120
Thanks: 7
Thanked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Triumph would have to give the 800 tiger motor a makeover, testing a 800 Roadie after getting off my Street, it didn't feel all that powerful, comfort wise, it was great and the handling was good for an ADV bike, but I was hoping for a little more power. If you want more power in a Street, a set of Daytona cams seems the easiest way to get it.
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-12, 03:15   #18
Hostyle
Member
 
Hostyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Geldrop (Netherlands)
Posts: 339
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2k2013 View Post
You misunderstand me, which is fair considering my statement is rather vague if it isn't taken as a reply to the photo posted directly above it.

By 'fake motard' I am referring specifically to the Ducati Hypermotard and the upcomeing MV Agusta Rivale, which seems to be the exact same type of bike. They are standards that are made to look cosmetically like a motard, yet they have none of the technical characteristics or abilities of a true motard.

A Monster is not anymore a 'fake motard' than a Street Triple, and the 'pie' you are referring to is the sport naked category, not the smaller 'motard-wannabe streetbike' category that really only has one bike in it at the moment, the Ducati, and may have another, the MV Agusta, in the future.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Though the Duc HM is only a motard in looks (slightly) I can sort of see the appeal when you like the looks of a motard* but don't like the usual downfalls (small tank, rock hard seating, explosive delivery, low top speed).

Saying I'd own one is another story though...

*wich is probably the appeal for most of the motard riders on the street.
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-12, 18:46   #19
DFH
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Adelaide, South Oz
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeman View Post
B675 delivery started the beginning of October everywhere but the US. New on the road yes but we have been seeing the design for well over a year now.

You can find the British forum here : http://www.brutale675.com/index.php

To my point, many comments where about its "looks", its looks are not new, it looks exactly like the 675 because it is the same bike.

The Triumph 800 is not just a bored out 675 like the MVA, it has a longer stroke and shares few parts. Its design is well done for a middle weight dual sport but when put up against the Triumph 675 nowhere near suited for a sporting bike. Putting it directly in the Street Triple would be a mistake.

.

.
MV Agusta 800 is a stroked 675, just like the triumph 800 is a stroked 675. MV 675 has a shorter stroke & wider bore than the Triumph 675, which is why the Street triple engine has more torque through the rev range than the peakier B3 675 motor. Once both engines are stroked to get 800cc the tables are turned with the MV 800 having a less radical bore/stroke ratio & the Triumph 800 becoming a long stroke plodder. I do agree that it would take more than new cams, pistons & mapping to make the Triumph 800 sparkle enough for it to be fitted to a Street Triple....

On paper MV have pulled one out of the bag with the 800. F3 800 vs GSXR750 vs Ducati 848? Or Brutale B3 800 vs Streetfighter 848 vs Triumph Street Triple & Speed Triple....
__________________
I'm sniffin that there ST675....
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-12, 20:30   #20
Allworld
Member
 
Allworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 531
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Check out MV's new Rivale 800, it is over the top........... and should hit the show roooms this summer.

http://blogs.motorcyclistonline.com/...cma-29937.html
Status: Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump





Forum SEO by Zoints
Copyright 2009 TRIUMPH675.NET Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum