Danmotos smells like food? - Page 3 - Triumph675.Net Forums
Home Forum Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  

Not A Member Yet? Register today and become part of the community.
Go Back   Triumph675.Net Forums > Daytona 675 & Street Triple 675 Global Forums > The Street Triple 675!

Old 11-07-12, 13:32   #21
astat4

Maybe you got racing fuel in the tank? Lol.

Love that cotton candy smell

Sent from my M660 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-12, 07:04   #22
tonee

The smell on this thing is like... An oven after a long day cooking for a feast or a bbq that hasn't been cleaned for a couple of days

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-08-12, 07:07   #23
tonee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhawk View Post
Ok... took the canisters off and the baffles out and took a stainless steel brillo and stuck the baffle right up through it. Then took 3 stainless steal tie straps from Lowes and bound it to the baffle and cut off the excess. It really made it a tight fit, so I doused it with WD40 and put it in. BAM Done.

Started it and wow... the sound is awesome... Muted but you can tell it's a pipe and alot less back firing. Took off for a ride and turned around and wow... looked like I was riding a 2 stroke for about 2 miles as the WD burned off. Talk about smell. When I got back to the house, I smelled my pipes and there was not any food smell, but it smell like something was on fire. :)

That of course was just WD 40. We'll see how long this stuff last, but I am sure my dog and my neighbors will like it better on Saturday mornings at 6 AM.
Sorry I didn't fully understand what you said, did you take photos of the process? I'm interested in what you did if it reduced the noise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Old 11-23-12, 02:04   #24
Tripod

I remembered this thread because my Ixils smell like biscuits baking...weird

Old 11-24-12, 07:07   #25
tp555

There is a cutting lube that is entirely made from a plant. I use it myself. Color is green but turns to brown like an apple after exposure to air. It has a unique smell thats not toxic like petro chemicals. I can smell the same odor on bent tubing while working on my next exhaust project. So I would say they use it on the pipe bending machines also.

Old 11-24-12, 11:37   #26
punani

My Arrow smells like BBQ, my CW does not...

punani^^

Sponsored Links
Advertisement